Tamiya TA04

Old 05-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya TA04

What do you think of this car? Any comments would be helpful.
Good Stuff bad stuff recomendations
Old 05-13-2003, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

I have a TA04R and i love it . its got great hadling and there are so many upgrades for it.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default TA04-TRF

Hi markh316,

TA04R is out of production.

Will u consider TA04-TRF?

Please pm/email me fot quotation if u are interested.

Thanks.
Paul
Old 05-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

You can still pick up the TA04R Kit which is excellent value and a top performing car for $190USD. If its the TA04TRF that you want then You can get one for around $259 USD....
If you can afford the extra get the TRF version.

I see you originally mentioned the TA04 which is the base model. Don't waste your money on the standard TA04.. Get either the TA04R or the TA04TRF.

The TA04R performs extremely well and will hang with the best. I find it to be a very easy car to set up and drive. It is very well made and will cope with a bit of a battering if this is your driving style
It already has most of the Hop Ups you will want to get the car performing, although I would recommend the Carbon Damper Stays for Front and Rear as well as the Delrin Outdrives.

Steevo
Old 05-14-2003, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

what r durlin out drive???
Old 05-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

delrin* sorry
Old 05-14-2003, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Delrin outdrives are a kind of Nylon alternative to the standard Steel Outdrives that are used normally in the Ball Diff. They weigh a whole lot less than the standard steel and therefore reduce the rotating mass meaning better acceleration.
They also reduce the cars weight making the power to weight ratio better.

Steevo
Old 05-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Hang on you may think this is a dumb question but you have to ask to learn . the outdrives are the things connected to the diffs which the safts are put in right?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

You may find the following info useful:

1. Ball Differential (Ball Diff) -- A differential that uses a series of steel or carbide-steel ball bearings in a circle, pressed between two metal rings, to provide the differential action, allowing one wheel to rotate more than another in a turn. Ball diffs are easier to adjust than gear diffs but are harder to maintain, as they need checking every day of running and are not recommended for Nitro racers. Normally a screw on one side controls the tension between the metal rings, which controls how much the outside wheel in a corner can turn. The looser (to a point) a diff is, the more traction there is at that end of the car. To start tuning your car, set the ball diffs to the same tension at each end, and use the diffs only to fine-tune the car. Do not change the settings of your diffs first.

2.Outdrive -- The part of the differential that outputs power to dogbones or universal dogbones.

3.Dogbone -- A part of the drivetrain that connects the outdrive to the axle. This allows the differential to get its power to the axle and tires of the car.

Paul Yap
Old 05-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks
i just wanted to make sure