Originally Posted by Zooberg
TRF 417 or get the New Xray t3 "11??

best?
Tamiya keep rebuild !
XRAY price little expensive !
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Good day at the office, I piloted my Smokem FX equipped 416X to TQ and win at the NSW State Titles event this weekend. Had the home track advantage but chuffed nonetheless. I basically used the germany worlds setup with a few minor changes. Car was whippin all weekend and super easy to drive
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-dslr-143_800x536.jpg  
Old 10-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I will say, having watched Olly with his TC6 this year, I will say I was sorely tempted, as every time it has been on track it looked well balanced and easy to drive. If i didn't go back to light blue, I'd have been looking to the dark side...

Bare in mind, Elliott is one of the top four here in the UK, whilst he had great results on the big stage this year, for whatever reason, it just didn't go his way on the national scene this year. So trying to compare what happens on the world stage does need to be taken with a pinch of salt, when comparing to local or even national champs... getting a car that works best for you is the best plan

Regards
Ed
About Elliot, the UK is a challenging place to race. Conditions can be very tough and some of the tracks can be dusty and low grip. A sunny day setup from a race in Spain would be too edgy and loose in north England. Elliot does great when racing on big race grip but club race grip seems to be harder for him.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

I would like to try Tamiya springs on my car as a number of good drivers have said they work well. Been using TRF shocks 84008 for a few months and I really like them. Got a good understanding of Xray/TOP/hpi springs but no Tamiya experience at all. I've been told to get Blue and White springs.

However there seem to be coloured springs, all white and all black springs in different grades available. I'm a bit confused but I think I need the white and blue springs which are actually all white.

Can anyone explain the different types and applications, and perhaps give part numbers?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Tamiya keep rebuild !
XRAY price little expensive !
okey..
can i pre order that tamiya from Rcmarket?
what the price can be?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Hi,

I would like to try Tamiya springs on my car as a number of good drivers have said they work well. Been using TRF shocks 84008 for a few months and I really like them. Got a good understanding of Xray/TOP/hpi springs but no Tamiya experience at all. I've been told to get Blue and White springs.

However there seem to be coloured springs, all white and all black springs in different grades available. I'm a bit confused but I think I need the white and blue springs which are actually all white.

Can anyone explain the different types and applications, and perhaps give part numbers?
I am a bit new to the Tamiya as well. I had the same issue with springs as well. Based on what I learned was the all white springs are the special addition springs which they do not sell in the US. I measured some other brands and the Top springs are pretty close to the same length. Xray also works along with Corally.
From what I researched is the white springs are 15lb. and the blue springs are about 17lb.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Hi,

Tamiya springs aren't dispalyed in pound weights like the other manufacturers. It's the one down side, so you never know exactely what springs weights you have. The white springs (all white with colour strips on the top) are issued as special edition springs. You can usually only get them with kits.

Spring guide is as follows:
White = extra hard
Blue = hard
yellow = medium
red = soft

Additional spring exist (Ultra hard), but again no pound weight is given. They usually come in a shorter version, and a longer version. for touring car get the longer version springs. They list about six different sets through on-line retailer, and I can't remember the exact part number. The white special edition springs, however, are the same as the regular springs. They just have white paint on them.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Smile TRF 417

I am sorry to be asking such a question, but does any1 noes when is the estimated release date for the TRF 417?

the 416X is tested and proven. while the 417 is new and it would take a few revisions to reap its full potential. Should i get the 416X or wait for the 417?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
I am a bit new to the Tamiya as well. I had the same issue with springs as well. Based on what I learned was the all white springs are the special addition springs which they do not sell in the US. I measured some other brands and the Top springs are pretty close to the same length. Xray also works along with Corally.
From what I researched is the white springs are 15lb. and the blue springs are about 17lb.
It's the other way around. White's are 17lb, Blue's are 14.9lb, Yellow's are 13.1lb, and Red's are 11.5lb.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
About Elliot, the UK is a challenging place to race. Conditions can be very tough and some of the tracks can be dusty and low grip. A sunny day setup from a race in Spain would be too edgy and loose in north England. Elliot does great when racing on big race grip but club race grip seems to be harder for him.
Tell me about... west london in the autumn is, umm, usually interesting!
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

They springs have rates. Search for it.
Short springs slightly softer of the same color than the long springs.
White/Black springs have a small dot on them so you know what rate they are. Ie, a white spring can have a yellow dot on it; yellow rate. Good to hide your setup to onlookers and have a color matching setup.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Square
New Strong Rod end white color !

http://rcmarket.com.hk/
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-tge205mw.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Good day at the office, I piloted my Smokem FX equipped 416X to TQ and win at the NSW State Titles event this weekend. Had the home track advantage but chuffed nonetheless. I basically used the germany worlds setup with a few minor changes. Car was whippin all weekend and super easy to drive

Well done Craig!

Will we be seeing you at the Nationals in Bendigo?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes well done McPhee

If only oz had a team I'm sure you would be on it
Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

what is the best place to fit the lipo battery on a 416,shift it to the right having it hanging a bit outside the chassis?
thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.