Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

I also use double sided tape to tape my batteries in, allows the chassis to flex, no battery movement at all.

Rhys

Originally Posted by JKL1031
As far as side movement, someone in this thread mentioned cutting servo tape the size of the the battery slots to stick under the battery.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
How would i know if i gotten the 'new' spec-r diff from my LHS?

I meant if i never seen the old one before.
It comes with the grooved orings ("xring") its the new one. They've also changed the shims so they are larger
Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
Securing my LiPo pack???

Can someone list all of the the available options for securing the lipo pack on the 416x?

Tamiya upgrade chassis
Exotec

Other options?
When I purchased the Exotec chasis with the weights that help retain the battery but I also got the battery hold down setup as well . What I will say is I am not as good a driver as others and have had some big hits and the battery has stayed in.

Regards
Noel
Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
It comes with the grooved orings ("xring") its the new one. They've also changed the shims so they are larger
Thanks mate.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

TRF 417 or get the New Xray t3 "11??

best?
Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zooberg
TRF 417 or get the New Xray t3 "11??

best?
Well since at the last major Euro race Tamiya won and X-rays top drivers were all in the b-main with the 2011 T3 it's pretty clear. Xray has done well at a few races but they have very few wins at world level compared to Tamiya. They both have excellent drivers and equipment. I Think tamiya just has hit upon something special in their sedans that sets them on another level.

Of course, there are other contenders too. The Mi4cx and TC6 are looking very good at their first major races.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Well since at the last major Euro race Tamiya won and X-rays top drivers were all in the b-main with the 2011 T3 it's pretty clear. Xray has done well at a few races but they have very few wins at world level compared to Tamiya. They both have excellent drivers and equipment. I Think tamiya just has hit upon something special in their sedans that sets them on another level.

Of course, there are other contenders too. The Mi4cx and TC6 are looking very good at their first major races.
Yes.. her in sweden i have a problem.
i am alone to drive tamiya in my club. that is a problem.
t3 "10 and T3 "11 is that every drive....
Old 10-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Zooberg
Yes.. her in sweden i have a problem.
i am alone to drive tamiya in my club. that is a problem.
t3 "10 and T3 "11 is that every drive....
He asked for what was the better car not which is easiest to get parts for. In the US Associated cars are the easiest to get and get parts for.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Adrian, you tempted with a bit of blue bling?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
Adrian, you tempted with a bit of blue bling?
If I win the lottery I'd get a 417. Right now I am a 1/12 & WGT racer.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tamiya was with a car they have been running for over a year, and one of the biggest teams in TC for set up help. The Xray guys had a car that they may have been running in form for a month/2 months. No Offense, but your theory is a little off. There was a TCX in 2nd in quals. The MI4cx looks close enough to a LP that set ups share, and was one even in the main? TC6's did not do that great at there first race (Worlds).
Old 10-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Tamiya was with a car they have been running for over a year, and one of the biggest teams in TC for set up help. The Xray guys had a car that they may have been running in form for a month/2 months. No Offense, but your theory is a little off. There was a TCX in 2nd in quals. The MI4cx looks close enough to a LP that set ups share, and was one even in the main? TC6's did not do that great at there first race (Worlds).
The T3'11 is not that different. It's got a new steering system and a few bits have been tweeked....much like the Mi4cx. Xray also has a pretty solid team to draw setups from so that's no excuse either.

Tamiya can make changes big an small and still win.

The TC6 didnt do great at the worlds but they really only have Juho and Rick as world class drivers. Olly Jefferies has been doing well in England with the TC6 where Chris Grainger has been unbeatable for 2 years with his Mi4's.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The T3'11 is not that different. It's got a new steering system and a few bits have been tweeked....much like the Mi4cx. Xray also has a pretty solid team to draw setups from so that's no excuse either.

Tamiya can make changes big an small and still win.

The TC6 didnt do great at the worlds but they really only have Juho and Rick as world class drivers. Olly Jefferies has been doing well in England with the TC6 where Chris Grainger has been unbeatable for 2 years with his Mi4's.
Keven and Christer also, but I understand your point.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

I will say, having watched Olly with his TC6 this year, I will say I was sorely tempted, as every time it has been on track it looked well balanced and easy to drive. If i didn't go back to light blue, I'd have been looking to the dark side...

Bare in mind, Elliott is one of the top four here in the UK, whilst he had great results on the big stage this year, for whatever reason, it just didn't go his way on the national scene this year. So trying to compare what happens on the world stage does need to be taken with a pinch of salt, when comparing to local or even national champs... getting a car that works best for you is the best plan

Regards
Ed
Old 10-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm a huge fan of the 416, but I recently saw the HB TCX and was quite impressed. Its another option if your shopping around for touring cars. I don't know if they've corrected the previouse frailities of the HB TC.

I'm new to touring cars, and in the few race/ practice nights I've attended, I've managed to bounce the car off every board. Nothing bent so far. the only thing thats happened is I've popped off a few weight.

I have no local parts support. Every part has to be ordered online so durability is a key issue.

Adjustents are fairly straight forward, the cars easy to setup, easy to maintain. Lovin it.
Looking forward to getting a 417 in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.