Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodo
has anyone tried the 2 joints (Xray ECS style) front axles-swingshaft combination on the 416? there are some available from 3rd party manufacturers. i wanted to try but wondering if they are necessary and how significant will they improve the handling of the car.

so any reviews/opinions will be much appreciated.
thanks
Do a search under my name, a little further back I did a write up/test of the Atomic ECSs for the Tamiya in this forum. In a nut shell, nice to have but not necessary, although if I where to do it again I'd do them in Xray as the spring steel is of better quality over the Atomics.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Here are some pics of my new 1E prototype block...So far all testing has been great!!!

Nice looking piece, I have to ask though, what is the reason for the new piece? Are you having issues with the original stock ones?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Nice looking piece, I have to ask though, what is the reason for the new piece? Are you having issues with the original stock ones?
been having issues with blocks twisting and bending...

I would guess that if you were to take the blocks off your car right now and check them they will not be straight.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Prototype blocks look great.

Just FYI to everyone, the Serpent S400 blocks are also interchangeable with the 416.

They are silver, but frankly, look pretty bulletproof.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

I would guess that if you were to take the blocks off your car right now and check them they will not be straight.
I'll have to check them out. Are you selling these items as well?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've never bent a rear block racing outdoor on asphalt. I've bent a few front rear blocks but the split ones seem to have quelled that issue
Old 03-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The incident at our track that seems to bend the rear blocks is if you catch the beginning pipe leading on to the straight, it can send you into the wall with the side of your car, which bends the block almost every time. We actually have pretty forgiving barriers, but the outside pipes are secured, so it's usually the rear block that takes the beating. We both felt like something just a little more substantial would be effective, but decided to go a little overboard just in case.

Here's a pic of our track for reference.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...-1-5-2010.jpeg
Old 03-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you have any extras for sale?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Do a search under my name, a little further back I did a write up/test of the Atomic ECSs for the Tamiya in this forum. In a nut shell, nice to have but not necessary, although if I where to do it again I'd do them in Xray as the spring steel is of better quality over the Atomics.
thanks... found it
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6886585-post7928.html

i am looking at third party manufacturer branded specR,must be some HK or taiwan based. not sure how's the quality. price is not cheap as well.but am eager to try, will post more info shd i go ahead and try.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

any suggestions about a base setup for tamiya 416WE on a carpet and ashpalt with a 10.5T motor and sorex 36sh.

I used my trf416we only two times in two different indoor tracks, with sorex 36. I have some trouble because sometimes my car tend to reverse.

Any feedback are appreciate.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lynx75
Hi All,

any suggestions about a base setup for tamiya 416WE on a carpet and ashpalt with a 10.5T motor and sorex 36sh.

I used my trf416we only two times in two different indoor tracks, with sorex 36. I have some trouble because sometimes my car tend to reverse.

Any feedback are appreciate.
For Carpet, a good starting point would be go to Ed's site (www.thard.co.uk) and use Elliott Harper's setup from Carpet Wars - it's on Sorex 28's but should be a good place to start from.

As for asphalt, I think most are still tending to start with the Worlds' setup, but with softer shock oil to suit your local temperatures.

Hope that helps
Oli
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hello eveyone My Name is Sean williams A new Team TRF/Tamiya USA Driver I have ran alot of touring car over the years and I am very excited about being a member of Tamiya USA......I can help or at least try to help anyone with any questions you may have. I hope everyone is enjoying there 416X just as much as I am.

Have a good day!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Hello eveyone My Name is Sean williams A new Team TRF/Tamiya USA Driver I have ran alot of touring car over the years and I am very excited about being a member of Tamiya USA......I can help or at least try to help anyone with any questions you may have. I hope everyone is enjoying there 416X just as much as I am.

Have a good day!
Hi Sean. Thanks for joining RCTech, and offering your help to the mortals.

I saw your profile on the Tamiya USA website here: http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/com...file/swilliams

While I don't have any "technical" questions, yet, I would like to know how you became a team driver? Did Tamiya approach you, or do you submit a resume?

I'm not looking to become a team driver (I'm not anywhere near good enough), just curious as to how it happens.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s13evo
you have any extras for sale?

Yes, I will but not sure how many...I will post when I know for sure. I need to get more testing completed before I let them go out into the world. I don't have very many right now...but if there is interest I could get some more made.

When I first posted them I got very little response...glad to see there is some interest even if it is small.

I see this as really the only issue with the car...so if Tamiya wont fix it then I will.

If these blocks on this car we designed a little better then I think this would be the perfect car. Don't get me wrong it is still the best car available in my opinion, but not perfect. The HB blocks are great, the Serpent blocks look really string, but the Tamiya blocks are flawed in their design. the step is just too deep not leaving enough material to keep the block from twisting. The outside walls are too thin as well. These new blocks address both of those issues. They are not the sexiest blocks ever, but they are very functional and seem to work very well.

If I had enough made I would get them anodized but with the short run of prototypes I did I just cannot justify the costs of anodizing.

My plan is to develop some 1F, IC, 1D blocks as well, but unless there is interest then i wont waste my money. It costs a lot of money to have prototypes made...

I have some bigger pics up on www.projectgreenracing.com
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Williams

Have a good day!
PRIME TIME running the blue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.