Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What about the US shops like Speedtech for example? Tamiya has a huge warehouse, so I know the shops can get whatever's needed, and so far from my orders I've only had 1 or 2 backordered items that took a week to get.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

... no one has mentioned tamiyausa.com or rdgtv-hobbies on ebay? They have lots of stuff instock and fast delivery.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

tamiyausa.com is expensive. :-( Speedtech never has anything in stock. Sometimes I get lucky with Ampdraw, though. Most of them time, I end up ordering from somewhere in HK. RCMarket and eTamiya have been very good to me thus far. Also, Jason's out of Japan isn't bad.

What's this eBay store you speak of?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Cheers,

in this onlineshop you will find the original front oneways (TRF416)and many other genuine Tamiya 416 parts as well. Worldwide shipping is possible! -> http://www.sakaguchinetshop.de

Old 12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It sucks that out of so many online shops in the USA so few stock the full line of parts...

I understand that 75% of the market is RTR stuff, and obviously if I had a shop I would go where the odds are on my side when it comes to making money, but all it would take is 1 well stocked shop in the USA to keep a good amount of business on this side of the pond.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
Rdvtg-Hobbies is a great eBay seller. Their shop stocks most of the latest hop-up options and a few spare-parts as well. Shiping is $2 for the first item and $1 for each additional for most parts. Everything I order from them arrives here in the states in less than 7 days.

Good luck on communication though. I don't think their english is good and they don't respond to any parts requests. What you see is what you get I guess...

http://stores.ebay.com/Rdvtg-Hobbies
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
It sucks that out of so many online shops in the USA so few stock the full line of parts...

I understand that 75% of the market is RTR stuff, and obviously if I had a shop I would go where the odds are on my side when it comes to making money, but all it would take is 1 well stocked shop in the USA to keep a good amount of business on this side of the pond.
I totally agree. I think Tamiya's acceptance in the US is greatly hindered by the lack good parts support here. I wish shops (like Stormer) would stock at least the parts for the 416.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

tamiyausa.com is expensive. :-( Speedtech never has anything in stock. Sometimes I get lucky with Ampdraw, though. Most of them time, I end up ordering from somewhere in HK. RCMarket and eTamiya have been very good to me thus far. Also, Jason's out of Japan isn't bad.

speedtechrc.com never has anything in stock because i buy it all when the shipment arrives! best thing to do is to send jeff a list of items you need and he'll order for you. that way when the shipment comes in, its alraedy saved for you.

last thursday he got a huge shipment of spares. i bought almost all of the TB-03 stuff as well as some 416 stuff.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I totally agree. I think Tamiya's acceptance in the US is greatly hindered by the lack good parts support here. I wish shops (like Stormer) would stock at least the parts for the 416.
Exactly, right now we have the best car in the world with the new 416WC, but without shops carrying a full line of parts for it stateside, there is a good amount of people who won't run the car.

The parts support is here, Tamiya America never seems to be low on stock of anything I've ordered... Just need the shops to carry the full line of spares, because I know if I had to wait for the parts to be special ordered, I'd order from a shop overseas that could have everything to my door in 3 or 4 days.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Exactly, right now we have the best car in the world with the new 416WC, but without shops carrying a full line of parts for it stateside, there is a good amount of people who won't run the car.

The parts support is here, Tamiya America never seems to be low on stock of anything I've ordered... Just need the shops to carry the full line of spares, because I know if I had to wait for the parts to be special ordered, I'd order from a shop overseas that could have everything to my door in 3 or 4 days.
Be thankful you're not running a Hotbodies.....LOL
Old 12-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I ordered 2 sets of the jaad racing diff covers from precision for about US$5 including shipping and they sent me 2 415 spools, which I swapped with a couple of people for a set of tyres and some of the diff covers
Old 12-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Is the Worlds Edition, a limited edition kit or will it continue to be available.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Shops complain that they are losing business to oversea business. Well, there is a reason.
Tamiya is partly to blame for that. I heard once that a LHS needs to order some unreasonable amount of inventory to be a reseller. Thus, smaller shops have to order from larger third parties and the price goes up/ less choice of parts, etc.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
Is the Worlds Edition, a limited edition kit or will it continue to be available.
All Tamiya parts & kits that have a 5 digit number starting with a 4 (ie 4xxxx) are limited release. So yes the 416WE is limited edition. In another year, it will be replaced by something new anyways...
Old 12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 94eg!
...In another year, it will be replaced by something new anyways...
ain't that always right love tamiya marketing strategies!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.