Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

John, your ideas have been tested before. They DO NOT work better than what we have now. If you find they do in fact work better for YOU, just keep it to yourself and use it to YOUR advantage. Now get on with life, maybe go out for beers with some friends and stop spending so much time on the internet!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
No setups per se, but from the pics I've seen I would guess pretty much at it being close to a WE kit setup, although with a few differences;

Front;
C/C blocks (at a guess)
HPI or Hara springs (? on rate)
one hole in on the front tower (hole 2)
4mm under the front inner camber link, hole 3 on bulkhead
medium roll bar
Wheelbase 2.5f/2r
No steering brace top deck screw
5mm ackerman
Spool

Rear;
one piece top deck
3mm under both camber link ball joints, hole 3 on bulkhead, outer most on hub
wheelbase 3f/1.5r
soft roll bar
Shocks in one hole on tower (Hole 3)
HPI or Hara springs (? on rate)
XA/E blocks

I have no idea on how the shocks are being run though.. (oil's, pistons etc)

HiH
Ed
Nice one Ed, you've saved me a bit of time studying photos. I saw a pic of Marc's car that looked like he was running 3/1.5 for the front wheelbase as well, that may have just been the angle though. Can you tell what holes they are using on the arms? It looked like 1 on the front and 2 on the rear, but with the front shocks on hole 2 of the damper stay that would be pretty inclined

Today's the big day, Marc off 2 but Hara looks quick!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
If your an engineer , where is your personal designed TC ?
Well I take you up on that. I have designed two TC and both run well, TryHard can testify on that, so why don't you stop talking crap and get over it all together?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was over it like ... 4 pages ago bro. Like I said I dont hold grudges. If you dont mind , Could you post some pics of your contraption? I'd love to see what youve come up with. Seriously...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
John, your ideas have been tested before. They DO NOT work better than what we have now. If you find they do in fact work better for YOU, just keep it to yourself and use it to YOUR advantage. Now get on with life, maybe go out for beers with some friends and stop spending so much time on the internet!
Actually I was thinking more of the lines of a fiberglass top deck,,,
And please don't tell me what to do. If someone tried something and it didn't work well.. perhaps it wasn't done right. I'm all about trial and error. I spend more time playing with my kid than anything else. the cars keep me from being an alcaholic, and the internet allows me to get other peoples insight on many things. But for some reason, no one seems to think I'm allowed to make my own decisions or speak my mind. Or is that just the way it is overseas. I've never been off this continent. When my friends call to chat , it's usually about RC. I am a very very experienced racer. I do happen to be boistrous and oppinonated. But its better than being a cloned sheep .Not that any of you are but.... oh never mind
Old 11-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
Nice one Ed, you've saved me a bit of time studying photos. I saw a pic of Marc's car that looked like he was running 3/1.5 for the front wheelbase as well, that may have just been the angle though. Can you tell what holes they are using on the arms? It looked like 1 on the front and 2 on the rear, but with the front shocks on hole 2 of the damper stay that would be pretty inclined

Today's the big day, Marc off 2 but Hara looks quick!
Hey Craig. Looking at the pic, it looks like hole 2 on the arm. I say that because when looking from behind the front arm, the outer most hole is outside the strengthening rib. This would be hole 1. Front wheelbase, I reckon it is 2.5/2 because I see 2x thin blue spacers behind the arm.

And something interesting from this pic - http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/g...inard416-1.jpg. I think I see a bright silver (0.5mm) spacer under the outside top link ballstud. This explains why the tops of the ballcups have been trimmed.

I think those pics are from practice, so I wonder if things have changed since.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Actually I was thinking more of the lines of a fiberglass top deck,,,
And please don't tell me what to do. If someone tried something and it didn't work well.. perhaps it wasn't done right...........
John, a fiberglass top deck may work well. Maybe someone WILL try it or someone HAS tried it already. But if something didn't work, it could also mean that it just plain doesn't work. For me, removing a screw or trimming the cross brace is a lot easier to do than making a whole new top deck - especially when I'm at the track.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I wasn't sure if this made it up yet, but here's the 416 WE specs from Tamiya USA. Frankly, I'm not sure if these revisions will be noticeable to the average to better drivers. And most of the new stuff is already on our rides now.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=42138
Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I just ran my new 416 today and loved it. Ran smooth all day, had to make a few minor changes and it got better each qualifier.

Thanks for the sweet ride Sohlman.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

UNOFFICIAL RESULTS FROM SCOTTY @ LiveRC.Com

FINAL RESULTS

1 Rheinard, Marc
2 Volker, Ronald
3 Hirosaka, Masami
Old 11-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

If tech inspections turn out okay....this should be final

1 Rheinard, Marc - 2008 WC
2 Volker, Ronald
3 Hirosaka, Masami
Old 11-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Saw the live video but didn't see the pass Marc did on Hara in the remaining minute of the race but the way Scotty described it.....it was one awesome and clean pass Marc did to get by Hara in the corner!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info! I sold my 416 a while back, but really want the 416WE now.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:02 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

next chassis from tamiya with 2X world champ logo will touch 2K...
Old 11-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

now they have to change the name to TRF416 World CHAMPION Edition

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.