Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Darn, beat me to it. I was just gonna post the link to the manual and tell him to look at page 25... haha...

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download...2106trf416.pdf
Old 01-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Sorry...ordering for a friend and I don't have a manual...thanks!
Originally Posted by TryHard
Well, all the part numbers are in the manual, but as I'm a little bored...

TAM9804373 Diff Joints (L and R)
TAM9804374 Diff Screw and nut
TAM9949299 Diff Spring
TAM51287 Diff Plates x2
TAM9949300 Diff Thrust bearing
TAM53030 850 bearing x2
10x 3mm diff balls

Personally, I'm now using JAAD 3mm ceramic balls (JDRDB300 for 10) and ceramic thrust bearing (JDRCT0206) in my diff, and it is ubber smooth. It's properly tight, but I can still spin the opposite wheel... very good

HiH
Ed
Old 01-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Sorry...ordering for a friend and I don't have a manual...thanks!
No worries... btw, I made a mistake, should be 12 balls not 10!!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

You forgot one part for the diff. The shim to space the bearings.

Part No. 9804246 5 x 0.5mm spacer/shim.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
You forgot one part for the diff. The shim to space the bearings.

Part No. 9804246 5 x 0.5mm spacer/shim.
Doh! My bad.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_Orange
Great work on the setup sheet! The only thing that is missing in my opinion is shock rebound in percent just like on HB and xray sheets. This is far more important than spring collar.
Third time is a charm!

Last edited by miccal; 01-20-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default setting

tq for the info about tweak and new setting sheet. have question about things on setting sheet.

1st part - front
front angle 2deg 4 deg? means what?
shock length? how about the standard supplied?
shock rebound? when fill the oil should we pull the shaft out 100%? whats the effect if not?
pulley position? u and down?
suspension mount spacer. F and R is for what? both front and rear has.

2nd part - rear
rear axle? which angle?

3rd part
lower deack means what? same with ground clearence?
F sus mount front and rear means what? same for R sus mount?
F and R arm spacer?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fadzli
tq for the info about tweak and new setting sheet. have question about things on setting sheet.

1st part - front
front angle 2deg 4 deg? means what?
shock length? how about the standard supplied?
shock rebound? when fill the oil should we pull the shaft out 100%? whats the effect if not?
pulley position? u and down?
suspension mount spacer. F and R is for what? both front and rear has.

2nd part - rear
rear axle? which angle?

3rd part
lower deack means what? same with ground clearence?
F sus mount front and rear means what? same for R sus mount?
F and R arm spacer?
Download the Xray T2 setup book:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525

which explains a lot about setup. Also check out page 12 the Xray T2 008 manual:

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4188

which explains the pulley height adjustment.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

For the front, the 415... they have 2 different caster blocks/c-hubs. A 2° block and a 4° block. The 416 comes with 4° blocks.

Shock length. The manual doesn't state what they should be. Mine are 61.55mm fully extended from top to bottom. Rebound. If you do it according to the manual (pull the shaft all the way down), you'll have 100% rebound. You can alter this to adjust how you want the shocks to react. I think somewhere on here mentions how to adjust it to have different rebound.

Pulley is mounted low or down when setup as per manual.

Suspension mounts. The front of the car has a front and rear suspension mount. And the rear of the car has front and rear suspension mounts. Tamiya sells suspension mount plates/shims (1mm and 0.5mm) that you can place under these mounts to change roll centers. Or you can use them to add kick up, anti squat, pro dive, etc. As per manual, there are no suspension mount spacers. And the arms on front and rear are level.

Rear axle. On the 415/Evo cars you can change the rear hubs from 0° hubs to 1° hubs. The 416 comes with 0° rear hubs.

Lower deck is the main chassis. The big graphite plate that everything bolts down to. Some 415 cars have thick 4mm chassis. Some are 2.5mm. Some are 2.25mm. Ours is 2.25mm I beleive.

Ground clearance is ride height. The distance from the ground to the bottom of the chassis. This is measured with the car fully loaded with batteries, tires, and electronics all on the car.

Front suspension mount F and R on our cars are 1B on the front. And 1A on the rear. You can change these to alter the front arms sweep/angling back. You can also change these to adjust the front width of the car.

Rear suspension mount F and R on our cars are 1XB on the front. And 1D on the rear. You can change these to alter the rear toe in. Or also to adjust the rear width of the car.

Front and Rear arm spacers. Look to where the arrows are pointing. It points to the shims that you placed on the inner hinge pins on your arms. Where it points to for the front of the car, you should have a 2.5mm spacer there. Where it points to for the rear of the car, you should have a 1mm spacer there. (if built according to manual.) You can move these shims from the front of the arms to the back of the arms to adjust your wheel base. Total shims on the front hinge pin is 4.5mm. Total shims on the rear hinge pin is also 4.5mm. Hopefully you get the picture.

Hope this helps out.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
For the front, the 415... they have 2 different caster blocks/c-hubs. A 2° block and a 4° block. The 416 comes with 4° blocks.

Shock length. The manual doesn't state what they should be. Mine are 61.55mm fully extended from top to bottom. Rebound. If you do it according to the manual (pull the shaft all the way down), you'll have 100% rebound. You can alter this to adjust how you want the shocks to react. I think somewhere on here mentions how to adjust it to have different rebound.

Pulley is mounted low or down when setup as per manual.

Suspension mounts. The front of the car has a front and rear suspension mount. And the rear of the car has front and rear suspension mounts. Tamiya sells suspension mount plates/shims (1mm and 0.5mm) that you can place under these mounts to change roll centers. Or you can use them to add kick up, anti squat, pro dive, etc. As per manual, there are no suspension mount spacers. And the arms on front and rear are level.

Rear axle. On the 415/Evo cars you can change the rear hubs from 0° hubs to 1° hubs. The 416 comes with 0° rear hubs.

Lower deck is the main chassis. The big graphite plate that everything bolts down to. Some 415 cars have thick 4mm chassis. Some are 2.5mm. Some are 2.25mm. Ours is 2.25mm I beleive.

Ground clearance is ride height. The distance from the ground to the bottom of the chassis. This is measured with the car fully loaded with batteries, tires, and electronics all on the car.

Front suspension mount F and R on our cars are 1B on the front. And 1A on the rear. You can change these to alter the front arms sweep/angling back. You can also change these to adjust the front width of the car.

Rear suspension mount F and R on our cars are 1XB on the front. And 1D on the rear. You can change these to alter the rear toe in. Or also to adjust the rear width of the car.

Front and Rear arm spacers. Look to where the arrows are pointing. It points to the shims that you placed on the inner hinge pins on your arms. Where it points to for the front of the car, you should have a 2.5mm spacer there. Where it points to for the rear of the car, you should have a 1mm spacer there. (if built according to manual.) You can move these shims from the front of the arms to the back of the arms to adjust your wheel base. Total shims on the front hinge pin is 4.5mm. Total shims on the rear hinge pin is also 4.5mm. Hopefully you get the picture.

Hope this helps out.
Yes all kit & spare parts lower deck is 2.25mm !!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
Does anyone know how to order through rcchamp???i've tried to translate the registering page to english but it won't let me do it.Thanks in advance Mike.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M O'Regan
Hi,
Does anyone know how to order through rcchamp???i've tried to translate the registering page to english but it won't let me do it.Thanks in advance Mike.
Send an email to email address below and ask them what you want to order. They will reply via email and will give you a quote on the items you want and also details for payment method and shipping details. I would suggest using EMS shipping if shipping to the U.S. It took 3 days to get to me from Japan to Virginia. Once it has been shipped they will send you an email with tracking information.

[email protected]
Old 01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr_Orange
Shock rebound is the amount that the shock shaft rebounds back when fully pushed in. The percent is of the full travel of the shock. An example of how it is set: lets say you want 25% rebound, push the shaft in 75% without the bladder attached and then put on the bladder and screw on the cap. Now you should have 25% of rebound.
Hope this explains it.
i dont think this is a good way to setup the rebound.
you can only set the rebound with the bleeding process.
look at xray's T2008 manual, here its described very good.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4188
page 24

havent tried this method yet. i'd always loosen the lower cap and let 'm sit for a while. but when i get my 416 i'll do it this way.

Mark
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Honestly im that lazy....

Does the 416 come with a spool in the kit, or is it a one-way.?

Looking to get myself a 416, but i hate one-way's (hopeing its a spool in the kit), i only ever drive a spool for whatever i run mod or stock.

Cheers
Old 01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steveonamission
Honestly im that lazy....

Does the 416 come with a spool in the kit, or is it a one-way.?

Looking to get myself a 416, but i hate one-way's (hopeing its a spool in the kit), i only ever drive a spool for whatever i run mod or stock.

Cheers
I like spools and one-ways both but to each his own. to answer you question, the kit comes with a one-way

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.