Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Certainly seems that the car on Tam USA is a proto, it actually has a fair few things different to the car at the top of the page (top deck style mainly)... guess we'll find out this weekend which one it is...

I'm really hoping it's the one in the mag, looks even more refined than the prototype...

laters
Ed
Old 10-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am 100% sure the one we will see is the one in the mag. They had the scoop on the 415 before anyone else had seen it.

That one on the tamiya usa site is a early test hack. It has none of the parts described by tamiya on where as the one in the mag does.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Again, the one on Tamiya USA is the official picture that we have as of now. While it is a prototype shown in the picture, the car is very close to what will be seen in terms of overall design and layout. Whatever is shown at the hobby show will of course look different because it will be a production version of the kit rather than a prototype.

This is no different than when a company releases a concept car and then later shows the production model. Many times those will look very different, but they are one in the same vehicle. That same idea applies here. While we do not have a production picture on the site yet, I am sure one will be posted when it is available to post.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am willing to bet money the one in the mag is the one that will be shown at the show.

If you look at the chassis in the mag it has provision for strapping tape for 5 and 6 cell. The one on Tamiya USA's site is clearly a 415.5 where as the one in the mag is the true 416 production one minus the alloy parts.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarKing
While it is a prototype shown in the picture, the car is very close to what will be seen in terms of overall design and layout. Whatever is shown at the hobby show will of course look different because it will be a production version of the kit rather than a prototype.
Sorry to pull you up on this but the one in the pictures on the tamoya USA site does not show the following point:
- Front and rear bulkheads feature the same width while everything about the chassis down to the screw locations has been designed for optimum symmetry for better roll characteristics.

The picture you have is of a 415.5 test hack. The bulkheads are modded yes but nouthing else has been altered geometry wise from a 415 to optimise the car for brushless motors. Its running a msx topdeck in those pictures which means the bulkheads are not the same width apart.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow TRF416 Production Model

Why don't we just wait til the actual kit comes out after the hobby show in Japan instead of debating what the actual car would look like. Obviously the two sets of pictures (TAM USA website and Japanese mag) do tell us of what the kit may look like but not the final version.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
AWK
Tech Master

I agree with you completely, I am just stating that the pics on Tamiya USA are official for now as to what the 416 will look like. Again, it is a prototype and many features are not as finished as they will be when we all see the final version at the hobby show. The pics on Tamiya are to give people an idea about what the 416 will be about. The pictures are not supposed to have anything final on them.

In reality, Japan could throw us all a curve and change everything completely!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

I agree with you completely, I am just stating that the pics on Tamiya USA are official for now as to what the 416 will look like. Again, it is a prototype and many features are not as finished as they will be when we all see the final version at the hobby show. The pics on Tamiya are to give people an idea about what the 416 will be about. The pictures are not supposed to have anything final on them.

Right on the button bro!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For the doubters out there, here are official pictures from today, straight from Tamiya!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thats a pretty cool looking Surikarn cyclone. i like the new bulkheads and top deck
Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Anywhere have a thread with more detailed pics of all the latest goodies from the fair?

The 416 looks nice and clean. I would hope it is lighter for 5 cell racing also.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

goodies are here..

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/hobbysho...ews1.htm#42104
Old 10-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you kentech. Clearly proves that the picture on tamiya usa site had 0 relevance to the new 416 concept.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fjm9898
thats a pretty cool looking Surikarn cyclone. i like the new bulkheads and top deck
I know you are trying to be wittily ironic here but you are overlooking the fact that the Cyclone copied the TRF layout in the first place... Back when the 415 won the worlds HPI were still messing about with the Pro4, Hotbodies still made crappy nitro trucks and shells...
Old 10-11-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kentech
For the doubters out there, here are official pictures from today, straight from Tamiya!

Droooooool

As thought, the mag pics were the 416.

Really looking forward to this now... only 2months to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.