R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #1366
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
I used to only run servo horns. I love the way the car feels that way. But some tracks I need to run servo savers. Some of the small tracks I run on have large PVC elbows/pipes that stick out for corners. Not good for my servo if I cut too tight or get knocked into it. I've already replaced all the gears in my servo. I run the s9550. You would think it's the 1 plastic gear that strips. But actually sometimes its the brass gears. That costs $40 for the kit. I have plenty of plastic gear spares though. Also I've learned that if the crash is hard enough to strip the servo gears, it's hard enough to bend the steering linkage arms. I dreaded that with my EvoIV. I don't know how many times I've had to replace the steering linkage arms in that thing from running no servo saver. I do however only run a servo horn if the track has curbs or corner dots for corners.
Ah, fair enough Trying to make it not sound like teaching you to suck eggs

Thankfully most the tracks I run are fire hose filled with sand, or Road-Rail.... tomorrow's practise could be interesting though, with solid PVC pipe :s

Cheers
Ed
Old 02-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #1367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't mind me. It's past 12 noon and I haven't been to bed yet...

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #1368
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Ah, fair enough Trying to make it not sound like teaching you to suck eggs

Thankfully most the tracks I run are fire hose filled with sand, or Road-Rail.... tomorrow's practise could be interesting though, with solid PVC pipe :s

Cheers
Ed
Dont worry ED you wont hit anything
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #1369
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mark34 Send a message via Yahoo to mark34

Anyone know of any stockist that have the belts and steering arms in stock
TIA
Mark

Powered By Demon Batteries and GM Brushless and 2 thumbs
Mark Ashby
mark34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #1370
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark34 View Post
Anyone know of any stockist that have the belts and steering arms in stock
TIA
Mark
Japan Tamiya TRF416 many spare parts no stock !
we next lot monday arrive , same some parts not have support with me !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #1371
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
You sure it wasn't the new tires you put on your Ray that made it better? I was fighting my car down the straight. My servo saver doesn't center. I need to either put back on the old one. Or mod my aluminum one. I keep trying to order the right aluminum one from HK. But they are always out of stock. So I may try to first whip out the file and see if I can get it to work properly.

Anyways, bring the ray out next weekend to Fayetteville. I wanna see what it's got.

Does Todd read this?? A few days ago I emailed him 2 times but the emails bounced back. I don't know if he got my replies or not. I sent him a reply through RCTech. So I dunno if he got my response on the toe blocks. He needs to check his email address he has listed.
No it was not the new tires.....They were Jaco's need I say more....The side wall Broke loose again that is why I had to slow down so much....after being attacked on the track by a carvan of mad racers. Not to mention your part.

You have seen what the RAY08 can do(I cannot believe you are not sold yet)....If you are looking to size it up with the TRF416; don't, they are night and day.....just buy one you will be very happy. To be honest a stock motor just seem boring to drive in the RAY08, a 13.5 feels like a silver can.

I AM DONE WITH FAYETTEVILLE until you can bring out more team racers or Laurie, George and Justin......

Todd does read this but I will text him so you two can play tag.

G12314: How many people were racing the TRF416....I heard there was a fast crowd in the A main, yet the B main time weren't that far off in GT1.

And what Body did the winner in the A main have.

I will try to make it to the Memphis race if I cannot make the race in California. I will be the racers with An ARMY OF ONE Bodies.

Good luck on you TCS tour.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-carter-snow-016.jpg   Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-carter-snow-017.jpg  
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #1372
Tech Elite

Bring the ray. I wanna see if you can pick up the lap you were off in the qualifiers. I really wanna see you do good. Just stick with 1 car and you'll be better off. Stop being a car whore!! Anyways as I have said, I'm done with new cars (touring). I'm sticking it out with this one. Especially since I'm heading to the Roar Nats in June. Switching cars every round isn't gonna help anything.

I talked to Anthony today. He may show up from time to time at Fayetteville. I will let you know when he does so you can head out there. Not sure about Justin. He needs a ride to get there. George? Hmmmm I dunno.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #1373
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
mine -might- be for sale after this weekend, i have a guy locally wanting it, but ill make sure tomorrow...

Wes
You may have more than one guy interested in it locally....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #1374
Tech Elite

Hey Terrell, if you are goin to the Memphis TCS let me know. If my work schedule continues as is... I'll be off that weekend. Plus I'm off work on the Laurel TCS as well. Not sure if I wanna race GT1 again, or borrow my TA05 back from Laurie and race GT2. I really wanna do GT2 because that's where all the competition seems to be with the much larger class.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-16-2008, 02:46 AM   #1375
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ofcourse GT2 is where the competition is...that why I did not sale my TA05r.
But I am still racing GT1........
As far as lap times or lap down, my Main beat your TQ check the paper work.....and that with the carnage. The Ray08 is faster(easier to drive) out of the box than my TRF416....but I am a TCS racer that why I keep some my Tamiya cars.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:01 AM   #1376
Tech Elite

No, your main did not beat my TQ. My TQ was 17 laps, your main was 17 laps because your first lap was less than 1 second. So it counted that as a lap. So technically, you only did 16 laps.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #1377
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Setup sheet

I just picked up a 416 yesterday could someone give me a good carpet rubber setup or even better a good setup for TCS body and tires Thanks
D-Bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #1378
Tech Adept

I have problems with my rear diffs that it gets loose very quickly every time I tighten it/set it to my liking. Has anyone had the same experience? How do you fix this?

Also I understand you are suppose to be able to tighten the rear diff without having to take anything apart but I don't know how to poke my screw driver through diff hole when the spring is there. What am I missing?

Help ....

Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #1379
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy View Post
I have problems with my rear diffs that it gets loose very quickly every time I tighten it/set it to my liking. Has anyone had the same experience? How do you fix this?

Also I understand you are suppose to be able to tighten the rear diff without having to take anything apart but I don't know how to poke my screw driver through diff hole when the spring is there. What am I missing?

Help ....

You built your diff wrong. The spring should be on the diff nut side. Rebuild it correctly and that should solve both your problems.

Link to instruction manual - http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=42106

Last edited by Apex; 02-16-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 AM   #1380
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
You built your diff wrong. The spring should be on the diff nut side. Rebuild it correctly and that should solve both your problems.

Link to instruction manual - http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=42106
Thanks, let me try that.