R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #10006
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default FTMFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turillo View Post
Hi Guys,

Wanted to let you know that I just ordered the Tamiya gear diff for my 416WE!! I cant wait to pick it up and start testing. I'll report back the results.


Cheers

Today I went to my LHS, so I can pick up my " TRF Gear Diff" LOL what a joke; it's a branded spec-r gear diff, with upgraded o-rings (same as spec-r), but Tamiya install/build instructions. WTF is that all about?????? Double the money for a Spec-R Gear diff?

I'm very disappointed with Tamiya. I hope they have a good explanation for this. A lot of people are going to be upset and I'm one of them.
Turillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #10007
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I take it you didn't read my reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I think you'll find it very similar to the Spec R
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #10008
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey, it's not like they're trying to fool anyone...

Translated Tamiya Japan product description

TRF417 Gear Diff Unit

IFMAR ISTC 2010 SPEC-R.
Two consecutive IFMAR ISTC World Championship 2010 World Championship was actually used in the memorial project as a total of four wins in a SPEC-R released in Tamiyasupesharupakkeji Gear Diff manufactured. SPEC-R has different Gear Diff made by Ball and a regular setting, it is possible to adjust the count by a fine setting of silicone oil. The case itself, less pain, so a closed Def longer maintenance cycle than Ball.

(ITEM 42185)
Vehicle Parts [adaptation]
TRF416, 416WE, 416X, 417 Chassis
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #10009
AWK
Tech Fanatic
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 982
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turillo View Post
Today I went to my LHS, so I can pick up my " TRF Gear Diff" LOL what a joke; it's a branded spec-r gear diff, with upgraded o-rings (same as spec-r), but Tamiya install/build instructions. WTF is that all about?????? Double the money for a Spec-R Gear diff?

I'm very disappointed with Tamiya. I hope they have a good explanation for this. A lot of people are going to be upset and I'm one of them.
Same thing they do with MuchMore products.
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #10010
Tech Regular
 
scribbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there any differences between the C-Hubs, Uprights, and sleaves in the front end of the 416/416WE/416X?

I purchased what I though would the same part for my 416WE and, it wasn't the same dimensions as the broken piece. The arm on the upright was longer, the upright was physicaly taller, The c-hub used different sleaves. I scrambled around, hunted through part bins and made it work, but pain in the butt.

Is there any difference between the front suspension parts in these cars(416/416WE/416X), did they revamp the design, what am I missing?
scribbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:51 AM   #10011
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbler View Post
Is there any differences between the C-Hubs, Uprights, and sleaves in the front end of the 416/416WE/416X?

I purchased what I though would the same part for my 416WE and, it wasn't the same dimensions as the broken piece. The arm on the upright was longer, the upright was physicaly taller, The c-hub used different sleaves. I scrambled around, hunted through part bins and made it work, but pain in the butt.

Is there any difference between the front suspension parts in these cars(416/416WE/416X), did they revamp the design, what am I missing?
Sounds like you might have got the wrong parts, maybe from the 415. The uprights and hubs have been the same throughout all 416 models, though the original 416 came with the long arms, and the c-hubs have been beefed up along the way but have retained the working dimensions.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #10012
Tech Regular
 
scribbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Sounds like you might have got the wrong parts, maybe from the 415. The uprights and hubs have been the same throughout all 416 models, though the original 416 came with the long arms, and the c-hubs have been beefed up along the way but have retained the working dimensions.
Thanks for the input. I got the car second hand so the only other conclusion I came to is the original owner used parts off another Tamiya car. Everything should work moving forward, I just hope I don't break too many parts.
scribbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #10013
Tech Master
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,996
Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)
Default

Good to see your still one of us at heart Craig.

Rhys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Sounds like you might have got the wrong parts, maybe from the 415. The uprights and hubs have been the same throughout all 416 models, though the original 416 came with the long arms, and the c-hubs have been beefed up along the way but have retained the working dimensions.
__________________
Rhys Marshall.
crabboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #10014
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

What the Price going to be on New 417?


I found this link One a other forum
racing.franktonmodels.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_21&produc ts_id=669



Can What Price be in usd?
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #10015
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooberg View Post
What the Price going to be on New 417?


I found this link One a other forum
racing.franktonmodels.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_21&produc ts_id=669



Can What Price be in usd?
The price should be around the same or slightly higher than the 416X that's still being sold here in the USA.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=120&id=8811

__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #10016
Tech Apprentice
 
Tbone13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Hy Guys,
about pricing ..
here in Europe some shops taking preorders for 570 what is about 769$ ...

I don't hope this is the last street price ....

regards Tom
Tbone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #10017
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone13 View Post
Hy Guys,
about pricing ..
here in Europe some shops taking preorders for 570 what is about 769$ ...

I don't hope this is the last street price ....

regards Tom
That is bad.time to change brand?
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #10018
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I think you'll find it's not that expensive when it's released...

... On a related topic, I'm now taking preorders. The 417 can be yours for just AUD$1000
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 AM   #10019
Tech Apprentice
 
Tbone13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 60
Default

Hy,
I hope that it will not be so expensive....

here's the link to NZ ...

http://racing.franktonmodels.co.nz/i...roducts_id=669

also some other shop in Germany have atted the preorders ...cheap one is 549
....

just sit and wait

regards
Tbone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #10020
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

Any date for the Big Day?
Zooberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:52 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net