So reporting back on my racing yesterday....
Car felt good all day. Started out on with effectively kit setup, bar short arms. First run was good, car handling nicely, but seemed a little too stiff for the track conditions. Still snapping a little on some corners too.
Second run I changed to Tam White/Tam Blue F/R spings, with only a soft bar on the front. This combo felt a little softer (car seemed to be rolling a little more), but improved the feel and lap time, so stuck with that for the rest of the day.
Next run... not entirely sure about this one, as when I got back to the pits, I discovered I had knackered one of the front driveshafts, snapping one pin hole in the axle, and twisting the alloy dogbone. So took them out and put in 46mm steel ones from the 415. They fit, just, even with the kit blocks (B/A) and short arms... had to remove the o-ring from the outdrive first though.
I had made a change to the rear end with more rear toe-in (up to 2.5deg), and 1mm under the inner rear link. Not sure I can consider that run given I was 3WD for most of it :s
4th run, Up to 3deg rear toe-in now, and laid the rear shocks in. Certainly an improvement again... car seemed more stable on the rear end, but not at the expense of good front end response. Still having an issue with snap mid corner.
5th run. Decided to try a change to the front-end width, so went to C/B (used an old 415 block for C, and the 416 one for the B to clear the belt). Now, I would really liked to have tried C/C (losing the arm sweep), but didn't have an old 415 block modded to make it work properly with me... although as it turns out didn't really matter. Clipped the inside of the flat out sweeper about 1min30 in, and that bounced me out to a nice roll of tyres... cue a DNF due to a broken front C-Hub (annoyingly the only part I don't
have a spare for yet...
). From the short time on track, the car did feel better again, more settled on the front, and almost eliminated the snap mid corner.
So end of the day, but overall a good positive feeling with the car. I think for next weekend I'm going to switch back to the stock spring / roll bar setup, as I'll be on a much bigger track, with a load more grip, so corner speed will be key (especially as I'll be running stock rather than 10.5 too).
Other things I want to try also are C/C and B/B on the front, and a longer front link. Hopefully that will settle the front a little even more, and make it fully stable mid corner. Other than that, I'm leaving as is for now