Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fisrt impression

This past weekend I made my first run with the TRF416X on the State EP Championship here in São Paulo - Brazil.

I am not an experienced driver compared to the group of guys that are running on this category, but I can say that this was the first time I felt really happy driving an EP car on my club, withou having issues like I use to have with my first/other EP car, a TC5.

The car is using the box set up with just one adjustment that is the wheelbase, that is shorter than the box one, apart from that I kept everything the same.

The car is easy to control and I felt really good as the car with the box setup was very good at the track imo.

Now with more time, as my esc and motor arrived 2 days from the race, I am going to be able to find out where I can make it better.

I am using, a SP GT2.0 esc and SP V3 10.5T motor, unfortunately the software still the original but for the next race we are going to have the stock one installed on it.

I am also using the bittydesing lipotray, that fitted it very well and made the car get more balanced side to side.

I will post some pictures later, after organizing the wires as I had to assemble it very quickly to race and could no get it very well organized.

But all I can say is that it was a very good investment.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee
Agree with redbones on this one. I like the HPI glass-filled spurs because they are nice and stiff so they are harder to warp and the 4 holes are spot on. I've been using those since the Pro2 days! But they only do them in steps of 3 teeth... And 81T just fits with a teeny bit of clearance.
Hi Veecee,

I noticed that both your cars are Smokem Chassis, I'm going to get mine soon. Is there anything that I have to watch out for. The person who got me the chassis says that the servo stay rubs the front belt. What is your set up or solution to this issue?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fabricio
This past weekend I made my first run with the TRF416X on the State EP Championship here in São Paulo - Brazil.

I am not an experienced driver compared to the group of guys that are running on this category, but I can say that this was the first time I felt really happy driving an EP car on my club, withou having issues like I use to have with my first/other EP car, a TC5.

The car is using the box set up with just one adjustment that is the wheelbase, that is shorter than the box one, apart from that I kept everything the same.

The car is easy to control and I felt really good as the car with the box setup was very good at the track imo.

Now with more time, as my esc and motor arrived 2 days from the race, I am going to be able to find out where I can make it better.

I am using, a SP GT2.0 esc and SP V3 10.5T motor, unfortunately the software still the original but for the next race we are going to have the stock one installed on it.

I am also using the bittydesing lipotray, that fitted it very well and made the car get more balanced side to side.

I will post some pictures later, after organizing the wires as I had to assemble it very quickly to race and could no get it very well organized.

But all I can say is that it was a very good investment.
I totally agree with you, my first experience with the car was very satisfying. Car was incredibly easy to drive with the default setup and if you fine tune, it will go even faster in the corners and you're able to push more. At the moment I'm using Mazda Speed b'shell and the car is so stable and follow your steering inputs almost 100%.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HK416
Hi Veecee,

I noticed that both your cars are Smokem Chassis, I'm going to get mine soon. Is there anything that I have to watch out for. The person who got me the chassis says that the servo stay rubs the front belt. What is your set up or solution to this issue?
Hi there. Yes there may be a tiny bit of rubbing but it can be minimised by shimming the center shaft further across to the right hand side.

I actually noticed some wear on the inside of the L-shaped servo mount while I was flipping the servo mounts for the Smokem chassis build. This indicated to me that there can also be some belt rub with the standard Tamiya chassis. So I'd say the amount of belt rub is pretty similar between the 2 chassis and can be minimised by shimming the center shaft.

Last edited by veecee; 03-22-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by veecee
Hi there. Yes there may be a tiny bit of rubbing but it can be minimised by shimming the center shaft further across to the right hand side.

I actually noticed some wear on the inside of the L-shaped servo mount while I was flipping the servo mounts for the Smokem chassis build. This indicated to me that there can also be some belt rub with the standard Tamiya chassis. So I'd say the amount of belt rub is pretty similar between the 2 chassis and can be minimised by shimming the center shaft.
Thanks Veecee for your advise. I should get mine on Wednesday.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone with an exotek chassis able to post a picture with a battery installed?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default need help

Hi guys,

sorry to interrupt. i'm a newbie here and i need help on my 416we. what part can be used to install a front one way set into my 416we? any ideas?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ijat
Hi guys,

sorry to interrupt. i'm a newbie here and i need help on my 416we. what part can be used to install a front one way set into my 416we? any ideas?
http://www.etamiya.com/shop/tamiya-4...p;currency=USD

ENjoy your car
Old 03-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
but i believe that is the center one way?
i would prefer a front one way..
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ijat
but i believe that is the center one way?
i would prefer a front one way..
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=615&id=7988

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=615&id=7993

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=615&id=7870
Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks malkiy.. does it fit nicely into 416we? or do i need any modification on the bearing housing or bulkhead?

i heard that the front one way set for DB01 can also fit into 416we. does anyone can confirm on this?
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54017
Old 03-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

It fits without modification. I haven't tried any other oneways.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Shock springs

I am using the box shock springs, I want more softer but decreasing from box setup, like which would be near to the rear ones and so on.

I have looked over the internet but found some sets of matched springs but not quite sure which one to get.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

I am using the box shock springs, I want more softer but decreasing from box setup, like which would be near to the rear ones and so on.

I have looked over the internet but found some sets of matched springs but not quite sure which one to get.
Try this website. Great resource for 416 information. I linked a thread with a spring chart attached.

http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33
Old 03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

For asphalt, HPI blue, silver and gold springs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.