R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #8491
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
Oh, one thing... I'm not feeling to comfortable with the way my LiPo battery fits. I have to let the pack sit partially over the edge of the chassis so that the battery plugs don't make contact with the upper chassis plate.

It works, but my concern is what's going to happen when I get into the inevitable collision with another car. I fear the battery is going to break loose.
Put a strip of weights on the center of the chassis along the battery so the battery rests against it. If a car side swipes you the battery will stay put. I have been running mine this way for about a month now.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #8492
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
Put a strip of weights on the center of the chassis along the battery so the battery rests against it. If a car side swipes you the battery will stay put. I have been running mine this way for about a month now.
Cool. I like that idea. The weights will act as a fence to prevent the battery from being forced inward, while the tape secures the pack. Thanks Karl. The next time you're at the C take a closer look at your car.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #8493
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Geppetto, I run my lipo slightly over the edge, it balances the car almost perfect (todd had the really cool individual wheel scales at the C, it was amazingly close) . I unfortunately have alot of collisions (noob) and its never been an issue.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #8494
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Cool. I like that idea. The weights will act as a fence to prevent the battery from being forced inward, while the tape secures the pack. Thanks Karl. The next time you're at the C take a closer look at your car.
+1 on that idea from karl, it is the same way on mine as well.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #8495
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams View Post
YokFans try the following it should help:

1. Change to medium inserts Like Exotek has mentioned already. Purple does seem a little hard for the temps and traction your getting. You can still run 36's leave the tweak off and go with Warmers and FXII.

2. Again Gold and Silver springs are very heavy for those conditions, oil is ok...but lighter spring should help a little try Tamiya Blue/Yellow then Yello/ Yello.

3. 4.0t geared at 8.9 seems a little tall especially with a Lipo...is the track big? Probably getting alot of wheel spin with those track conditions...try mellowing it out a bit with a 5.5 and a little negative expo!

4. Looking at your suspension position (#3 on the arm) looks like your shocks are almost stood up. Try position #1 or #2 Like Craig said on the arm and move to #2 on the shock tower.

Try some of those changes and let me know how it works. Might want to adjust your rolls centers accordingly once you get a little mor satisfied with your setup.

Let me know ok!
Have a try yesterday and only noticed a significant improvement when changing the front and rear downstop to 7mm & 6mm respectively.

Now the turn-in is a lot better but the mid-corner is still unsatisfactory, car pushes mid-corner.

Also, have used hole 1 on fr shock tower and hole 2 on rear shock tower. Feels the car easier to drive.

On power push is still persists.
yokfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #8496
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokfans View Post
Have a try yesterday and only noticed a significant improvement when changing the front and rear downstop to 7mm & 6mm respectively.

Now the turn-in is a lot better but the mid-corner is still unsatisfactory, car pushes mid-corner.

Also, have used hole 1 on fr shock tower and hole 2 on rear shock tower. Feels the car easier to drive.

On power push is still persists.
did you put your front shocks on hole 1 on the arm?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #8497
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
did you put your front shocks on hole 1 on the arm?
I mount it according to the instruction manual, i.e. the outermost hole as I view from the arm as compared with other holes. Is it hole 1 or hole 2?
yokfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #8498
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone know the size of the bearings in the diff (not diff balls)?

Hyperform racing--In memory of Lino
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #8499
Tech Regular

Noted from 416 setup sheet.

What is the pro & con of each the following setup for shocks?

1. urethane bushing;

2. black o-ring;

3. clear oring.
MIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #8500
Tech Adept

Looking to see if it common for this front uprights on the 416 to break so easy under a light tap and is there other option for them.
Friulimotosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #8501
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friulimotosport View Post
Looking to see if it common for this front uprights on the 416 to break so easy under a light tap and is there other option for them.
There are plastic versions of all the 416 suspension parts. Check the TB03 parts list for part numbers...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #8502
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
There are plastic versions of all the 416 suspension parts. Check the TB03 parts list for part numbers...
You can also look at the TA05 ver.2 parts lists, same suspension parts as the TB03. And if you find yourself breaking C-hubs(& still have trouble with the TB03/TA05v.2 ones), you can also use the older style TB-EVO4 ones(also used on the 415 series cars), they're flexible like the TB03/TA05v.2 ones, they're tougher, & the seem to keep the suspension geometry the same. Lately, I've been using them on both my 416 & my '05v.2 & I'm very happy with them....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #8503
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I swear tamiya has changed the carbon mix of the chubs for the X. I used to break hubs just by looking at them but since getting my X I haven't had a problem and that includes a couple of big hits with the timber
Old 03-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #8504
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Oh, one thing... I'm not feeling to comfortable with the way my LiPo battery fits. I have to let the pack sit partially over the edge of the chassis so that the battery plugs don't make contact with the upper chassis plate.

It works, but my concern is what's going to happen when I get into the inevitable collision with another car. I fear the battery is going to break loose.
which battery are you using? I have weights down the center line of the chassis and the battery sits a few mills of the chassis and i haven't had a problem.
M3dreamin2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #8505
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
which battery are you using? I have weights down the center line of the chassis and the battery sits a few mills of the chassis and i haven't had a problem.
sorry I just realized Karl has just addressed this issue
M3dreamin2008 is offline   Reply With Quote