R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #8416
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
had the same problem, apply anti-squat to the rear end and it's solved. now car is planted even with 2deg rear toe in
Thanks i'll try that this weekend
M3dreamin2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #8417
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
Guess I'll try the blues in the rear and the mega anti-squat
Going to try settings out of the norm too. Who knows, I might stumble upon something.

Does using the muchmore shock oil make that much difference? I currently use AE because that's the only oil the LHS carries. I know the viscosity rates are different, but you guys think MM55 is too hard for asphalt?
MM should be in CST, do you mean 550? If so that's pretty hard, I've used 550 on asphalt but only when the grip is reasonably high and the temperature hot. In any case, it doesn't matter what shock oil you use as long as the weight works on your track. That said, too thick oil normally makes your car understeer not oversteer. If I were you I'd start with 35wt rear and 45wt front and HP blue rear and silver front springs. You can also go to D/D at the front which will really mellow it out. I'd leave the anti-squat in the kit too
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #8418
Tech Elite
 
Senna Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,035
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz;
Which rear top deck screws did you take off? Can you show pics of your mod to the chassis? Were you running Mod during TITC? I was running Mod too and my tyres overheated after like 5-7 laps.
I didn't do any mods to my chassis

But I did cut down my lipo tray so i could
center my batt more

But jonest has it second last row
__________________
Feral Batteries for all your on road needs
TRF 416, Fantom Batteries, Sorex, Tekin
Senna Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #8419
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,135
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna Racing View Post
I didn't do any mods to my chassis

But I did cut down my lipo tray so i could
center my batt more

But jonest has it second last row
I mod it!!!! hahahaa......

tried the "New Car" at nite where the traction was good and the car handles pretty good..... much better than previous.... now I need to try it out in the day and also the anti squat to make the rear more planted...

And awaiting patiently for the Smoke-em chassis!!! heheee
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #8420
Tech Elite
 
Senna Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,035
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Show us some pics
__________________
Feral Batteries for all your on road needs
TRF 416, Fantom Batteries, Sorex, Tekin
Senna Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #8421
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
I mod it!!!! hahahaa......

tried the "New Car" at nite where the traction was good and the car handles pretty good..... much better than previous.... now I need to try it out in the day and also the anti squat to make the rear more planted...

And awaiting patiently for the Smoke-em chassis!!! heheee

Post here soon on the handling differences if you have the SMOKEM chassis install, I ordered EXOTEK one and its on its way now.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #8422
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 126
Exclamation

Hi quick question

In the Red RC videos of Jilles Groskamp building his 416 hes always shimming everything out. Im just wondering where you purchase all the shims from?

Thanks
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 AM   #8423
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Hi quick question

In the Red RC videos of Jilles Groskamp building his 416 hes always shimming everything out. Im just wondering where you purchase all the shims from?

Thanks
Here
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #8424
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Hi quick question

In the Red RC videos of Jilles Groskamp building his 416 hes always shimming everything out. Im just wondering where you purchase all the shims from?

Thanks
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...m-Set-3mm.html
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...m-Set-4mm.html
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...m-Set-5mm.html
http://www.planet-rc.ch/product_info...-Set-10mm.html


...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 AM   #8425
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 126
Exclamation

Thanks Stein! Thems the ones
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #8426
Tech Regular
 
Joey4875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chesapeake Beach
Posts: 354
Default

Does anyone know where I can get 416x decals/stickers?
__________________
Xray,Hudy,RC America
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #8427
Tech Initiate
 
HACHIROKU13BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
Default TRF416X Chassis Balance

Can someone help? On my TRF416X, the weight is distributed as per below picture. Originally, I had the PPD Billet Ez-lipo weight tray under the battery which weighed 84.6 g, but had a really hard time trying to get balance the car on the Hudy tweak station.

I have checked the numerous times, the chassis straightness, the droop is correct, and shock lengths and tensions are the same, but ultimately was able to balance the car w/ the removal of the PPD Billet weight and simply adding the 35.9 grams behind the battery.

***Doesn't this seem weird??? Can anyone help, by advising where and also how much weight I should add to my car, w/ the below weighted items, in the specified locations???

On the left-side;
- BLS451 Servo: 57.4 g
- AMB Transponder: 7.9 g (on top of servo)
- R603FF Receiver: 12.6 g
- LRP SPX esc: 69.6 g
- Trinity Duo 17.5R BL: 175.0 g
-------------------------------
Left-side total weight: 322.5 grams

On the right-side:
- Lipo Batter: 264.5 g
- Additional lead weights: 35.9 g (behind the battery)
-------------------------------
Right-side total weight: 300.4 g

With the body and wheels on, the total weight becomes 1334.5 grams

Your help is deeply appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-trf416x-2.23.2010-weight.jpg  
__________________
坦々麺大好き!!!
HACHIROKU13BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #8428
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HACHIROKU13BT View Post
Can someone help? On my TRF416X, the weight is distributed as per below picture. Originally, I had the PPD Billet Ez-lipo weight tray under the battery which weighed 84.6 g, but had a really hard time trying to get balance the car on the Hudy tweak station.

I have checked the numerous times, the chassis straightness, the droop is correct, and shock lengths and tensions are the same, but ultimately was able to balance the car w/ the removal of the PPD Billet weight and simply adding the 35.9 grams behind the battery.

***Doesn't this seem weird??? Can anyone help, by advising where and also how much weight I should add to my car, w/ the below weighted items, in the specified locations???

On the left-side;
- BLS451 Servo: 57.4 g
- AMB Transponder: 7.9 g (on top of servo)
- R603FF Receiver: 12.6 g
- LRP SPX esc: 69.6 g
- Trinity Duo 17.5R BL: 175.0 g
-------------------------------
Left-side total weight: 322.5 grams

On the right-side:
- Lipo Batter: 264.5 g
- Additional lead weights: 35.9 g (behind the battery)
-------------------------------
Right-side total weight: 300.4 g

With the body and wheels on, the total weight becomes 1334.5 grams

Your help is deeply appreciated.
I had the same issue as you. But in my case, I could not balance the car, even with the same amount of weight L/R. The issue was weight distribution. The motor is the heaviest object on the left side. If you look at your diagram, the car gets heavier as to go towards the rear. So naturally you would put more weights to the rear side of the battery. It also helps if you move the battery out to the edge of the chassis at an angle like some of those lipo trays. But you shouldn't balance with 22g less weight to begin with though.

Going to try out the Exotek chassis this weekend. Had some fitment issues, but the build is coming out fine. I need to weigh out everything after completing the car, but I feel 60g on the batt side might a little too much for a TP5000mah. I tried to use the inner most batt position, but the front steel weight hits the steering post so I have to use the middle hole position. Still yet, I have to test everything out once I have car in race ready form to balance things out. Will chime in later.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:11 AM   #8429
Tech Initiate
 
HACHIROKU13BT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
I had the same issue as you. But in my case, I could not balance the car, even with the same amount of weight L/R. The issue was weight distribution. The motor is the heaviest object on the left side. If you look at your diagram, the car gets heavier as to go towards the rear. So naturally you would put more weights to the rear side of the battery. It also helps if you move the battery out to the edge of the chassis at an angle like some of those lipo trays. But you shouldn't balance with 22g less weight to begin with though.

Going to try out the Exotek chassis this weekend. Had some fitment issues, but the build is coming out fine. I need to weigh out everything after completing the car, but I feel 60g on the batt side might a little too much for a TP5000mah. I tried to use the inner most batt position, but the front steel weight hits the steering post so I have to use the middle hole position. Still yet, I have to test everything out once I have car in race ready form to balance things out. Will chime in later.
Redbones :
Thank so much for your input! I'm sort of happy that I'm not the only person w/ this problem.
__________________
坦々麺大好き!!!
HACHIROKU13BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #8430
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 1,499
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default 416X Build Help

I'm in the process of building my 416X and I have a few questions:

- Do you guys recommend using Loctite on the screws that thread into the bulkheads and motor mount?

- Is there an option part for the long blue alloy ball connectors? Part #? I fear the longer ball connectors may break or bend.

I still have the suspension to complete, but much of it seems to be a lot like my TA05 IFS-R.

Thanks!
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net