R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #8386
Tech Addict
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

vicko, go to www.smokem-racing.com for the pic.
__________________
Tamiya TRF418 SAMIX / KO Propo / Tekin RS Pro / Spektrum
sonic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #8387
Tech Regular
 
energyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

3rd round Tamiya Champioship Series Pics on ENERGYRACING.

http://energyracing.tripod.com
__________________
George B.
energyracing@hotmail.com
__________________
Sponsored by Serpent / SRX2 MM, RM, SC / Serpent SRX4
MoFo paints
energyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #8388
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,051
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Sorry about that, it is better explained in the instructions.

Thanks again Hibiki!

More pics here of TQ Christer Anderssens car;
http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...cup/?nggpage=6
I see the Exotek chassis allows the belts to be flipped. Are there any issues with clearing the inside servo mount when you do this?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #8389
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375 View Post
Just wondering if there is an optional or different diff plate (not 416x) people are using? It looks like in this pic that Marc R might be using something different as the plates look like they go past the outdrive.

Any ideas or advice?

Latest ETS pic
You might be onto something

Team-mate Marc Rheinard tried a new prototype diff in the front of his car for the run. The ETS championship leader said his car felt lazy and this was reflected in laps times with his best lap almost 2/10th off that of Wilck. The German plans to run two of the diffs in his car for the penultimate qualifier to see how it reacts.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #8390
Tech Master
 
DirtyDog3375's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Queenslander
Posts: 1,873
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
You might be onto something

Team-mate Marc Rheinard tried a new prototype diff in the front of his car for the run. The ETS championship leader said his car felt lazy and this was reflected in laps times with his best lap almost 2/10th off that of Wilck. The German plans to run two of the diffs in his car for the penultimate qualifier to see how it reacts.
Nice! As I said, it looks like the diff plates are larger (maybe keyed now)? Regardless, I am happy with my diffs (first time owner of 416). Just have to get out on the track now!!! (Its been rain affected since I got my 416)
__________________
:::RCMaker.com.au:::Speedy RC.com.au:::
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #8391
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,051
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

A front diff? If you can make it accelerate and brake like a spool, count me in!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #8392
Tech Apprentice
 
sakaguchinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gruendau, Germany
Posts: 84
Send a message via ICQ to sakaguchinet Send a message via AIM to sakaguchinet Send a message via Skype™ to sakaguchinet
Default

Hello from Warsaw (4th ETS Round).

Finally got to the A-Main in Pro-Stock. So 4 Tamiyas made it to the A in Stock. We made a lot of slightly changes to handle the "tractionroll". I will post my full setup later. But here are some details:

Quick Rollcenter Front: inner: 5.5mm, Quick RC Rear: inner 3.0, outer 3.0 (4.0 on the inner made my rear a bit loose at the end of the straight).
I am running X chassis plate and also the X rear bulkheads. This gave me also a plus in stability when driving through the long curves.

I also tried the (TGE-12P-2) Square 2x1.2mm shock pistons. Together with 600 oil it is very stable to drive. The best lap time is 0.05s slower, but throughout the heat I am able to drive much more constant.
__________________
Best Regards,
Dai
http://www.rc-square.de (German and English manufacturers site)
http://www.sakaguchinetshop.com (Tamiya TRF related stuff)
sakaguchinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #8393
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Results from this weekends ETS race in Poland.
http://www.myrcm.ch/de/ets/05032010_...ied/index.html

Tamiya 1,2,4,6
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #8394
Tech Elite
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default

It would be real cool to see some of the setups from the big euro races.......can someone post a link for more setup info from the European guys.
Thanks
__________________
Dwayne Flodell
Team Mad Scientist
-When you need mad rip.....call the Mad Scientist Fantom Racing
Team Sweepracing
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #8395
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandman View Post
It would be real cool to see some of the setups from the big euro races.......can someone post a link for more setup info from the European guys.
Thanks
Check Tryhard's website http://www.thard.co.uk/
He has some setups from TRF team driver Elliot Harper

...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #8396
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakaguchinet View Post
Hello from Warsaw (4th ETS Round).

Finally got to the A-Main in Pro-Stock. So 4 Tamiyas made it to the A in Stock. We made a lot of slightly changes to handle the "tractionroll". I will post my full setup later. But here are some details:

Quick Rollcenter Front: inner: 5.5mm, Quick RC Rear: inner 3.0, outer 3.0 (4.0 on the inner made my rear a bit loose at the end of the straight).
I am running X chassis plate and also the X rear bulkheads. This gave me also a plus in stability when driving through the long curves.

I also tried the (TGE-12P-2) Square 2x1.2mm shock pistons. Together with 600 oil it is very stable to drive. The best lap time is 0.05s slower, but throughout the heat I am able to drive much more constant.
Great result Dai, it looks like it was a super competitive field. What speedie were you running? I tried the tekin yesterday and it's scary how much faster it is than my old spx
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 AM   #8397
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I see the Exotek chassis allows the belts to be flipped. Are there any issues with clearing the inside servo mount when you do this?
Thomas Larsen and Myself ran the Exotek chassis at the ETS race. We are quite positive with the feel of the cars, in these very high grip conditions. Compared to the original chassis, the cars feel very stable in large open turns. But will maybe require some setup changes for quick direction changes in chicanes, as the rear might have a slight tendency to break loose with the "standard" setup. The ETS track didn't have any chicanes, so no race experience yet.

We both ran "flipped belts", to be able to center the weight more. No issues with clearance, the belt is just running on the other side of the centerline.

Best,
Peter
petk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #8398
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

I think it has been asked before, but will the X chassis fit on the WE car without modifications?
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #8399
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Switzerland (Zurich)
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I think it has been asked before, but will the X chassis fit on the WE car without modifications?
Yes

...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #8400
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Default

hello,
for those who have tried the 416X, did they notice some real differences from the WE version? and just wondering why the tam boys still using the WE at the ETS races...the way the diff's been moved back, does that make the car too much sticky on the rear end?
i've seen some pictures with some differents ways of weights positions..under the battery, on the side, more forward..i'm very lost with all those things...need help..
thanks
method699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 12:08 PM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 05:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 03:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 10:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0