Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
Im having problems with my shocks with the blue TRF O RINGS they leak any tips how to stop the leaks
Have you oiled the o-rings? I like to use green slime but any lubricant works.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Yeah I oiled the o ring I used muchmore slime and its kinda leaks.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Double check the spacers you put in before the orings the grooves need to be facing up when your installing them.? Or replace the orings
Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah Im going to replace it
Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies!

I m using a Kimbrough servo saver right now, I have tightened it abit more and it moves around abit less now, but still abit there. Also still abit of slop in the ball ends.

I shaved the top deck down abit yesterday and re-dressed it with some CA, will try it out tonight.

I m hoping that it is the decks that was causing the problem. My TA05 has about the same amount of slop but I dont have any tweaking problems with that...
Old 01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM;
Thanks guys. First outing with the X went pretty well with 3rd place at summernats. I basically ran the kit blocks with the base asphalt setup and didn't change a thing all day. My full setup is posted on Ed's site & I'm looking forward to running the car again

Mc prez great to see you back on TOP
form and only your first outting in a
TRF for a while and instead of bringing
up the rear you were right on pace

it's a shame we don't have a TRF team
here in oz

Maybe we should start our own
Old 01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I could never get the blue o-rings to stop leaking, with the proper washers and everything. Went back to the stock clear ones and the shocks are perfect.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The TRF team uses the muchmore blue o-rings, you might have more luck with them
Old 01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile Need set up for 416we.

Hye guys,

Pm me 416we setup using rubber tyre n setup using foam tyre size 37 front n rear..

Gona race on 30th n 31st jan..
Old 01-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Viruz408
Hye guys,

Pm me 416we setup using rubber tyre n setup using foam tyre size 37 front n rear..

Gona race on 30th n 31st jan..
Check this out you will like it

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...miyaTRF416.htm
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I could never get the blue o-rings to stop leaking, with the proper washers and everything. Went back to the stock clear ones and the shocks are perfect.
Hate to say this, but the blue o-rings will always leak a little bit, but that's part of the point, as they are used to put minimal amount of friction on the shock shafts for the smoothest possible shock. The standard white o-rings give a much better seal, but as a result are tighter on the shaft.
There are a couple of things you can do too help this though;

Use some 4mm shims inbetween the shock body and delrin spacers. This will squish the o-ring slightly and give a slightly better seal. Don't worry about the shim hitting the shaft as the 4mm ones are a perfect fit in the body, and plenty of clearance.
Build the shocks the old way.. If you look at Jiles' shock video, pay close attention when he takes the shock apart, and you'll see he has the o-ring/spacer round the other way to the manual (which is how they used to built). I can't check which way round it is atm, (think spacer then o-ring is the old method) but have a look.
Turning the delrin spacer over so the groove is away from the o-ring will also squish the ring a little more.

HiH
Ed
Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Diff question...

How tight do you guys set your diff? I was told to set it as loose as possible without slipping...when I set mine up until its not slipping, I feel it is kind of tight....(in comparison with my friends' t2 and t3, their diff are super smooth) whats the effect of a tight diff? Most of the time my car just break loose in the rear if I m coming into a corner too fast and during abrupt steering input....I m using ceramic balls and I do sand the diff plate before assembling....can somebody explain step by step on the right way to set up a diff? And how smooth the diff should be?

Thanks...
Old 01-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thnz..

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
hye,

thnz for da info. rely owe u alot...
Old 01-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dameetz
How tight do you guys set your diff? I was told to set it as loose as possible without slipping...when I set mine up until its not slipping, I feel it is kind of tight....(in comparison with my friends' t2 and t3, their diff are super smooth) whats the effect of a tight diff? Most of the time my car just break loose in the rear if I m coming into a corner too fast and during abrupt steering input....I m using ceramic balls and I do sand the diff plate before assembling....can somebody explain step by step on the right way to set up a diff? And how smooth the diff should be?

Thanks...
http://www.redrc.net/2009/07/pro-tip...oskamp-part-2/
Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz

Thanks...
A tighter rear diff will make the car feel more planted in the rear. A looser diff will make the car rotate a little better. I run my diff pretty tight so that I can avoid the dreaded diff squeal and I like a pretty planted car compared to what other like to run.

A while back I wrote up a build diff procedure but it was for my cyclone. I will see if I can find it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.