R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #7861
Tech Regular

Default Shock pistons ..... What size ???

I have a set of shocks from my TB Evo 4, can any one tell me what size the shock 3 hole pistons are ????
Old 01-17-2010, 05:50 AM   #7862
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I suggest you check out the TAM42102 TRF Dpecial Damper to find out.
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #7863
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up What is the best pinion for 9t brushless motor on trf416we chassis?

I've just bought trf 416we n using 9t brushless. What pinion size should i use? Give me some tips.. Urgent..
Viruz408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #7864
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viruz408 View Post
I've just bought trf 416we n using 9t brushless. What pinion size should i use? Give me some tips.. Urgent..
Which ESC, Motor and spur gear size do you have?
Rubber or foam?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #7865
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Alum turnbuckles on the X, Craig. Are you racing the X tmr? Best of luck mate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
As for tomorrow, go get 'em McPrez
Thanks guys. First outing with the X went pretty well with 3rd place at summernats. I basically ran the kit blocks with the base asphalt setup and didn't change a thing all day. My full setup is posted on Ed's site & I'm looking forward to running the car again
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #7866
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ezrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
Which ESC, Motor and spur gear size do you have?
Rubber or foam?
im using ezrun 35a esc,ezrun brushes motor 9t n the spur is stock originaly from 416we.. I dont know the spur size. Now are using rubber.. If i use foam what pinion size do i need to use?
Viruz408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:27 AM   #7867
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

I m getting alot of tweaking(?) in my car, when I pull full throttle it just goes crazy left right left right real quick. I can never get the steering right, if I turn full left, it will centre pulling to the left, if I turn full right, it will centre pulling to the right.

I have noticed that the top deck is slightly too long and warping the bottom abit. Will be filing that down as soon as I get some time.

Just in case that doesnt fix my issue, anyone got anymore tips for things I should watch out for?

Thanks!
rnd_tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #7868
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnd_tang View Post
Hi everyone,

I m getting alot of tweaking(?) in my car, when I pull full throttle it just goes crazy left right left right real quick. I can never get the steering right, if I turn full left, it will centre pulling to the left, if I turn full right, it will centre pulling to the right.

I have noticed that the top deck is slightly too long and warping the bottom abit. Will be filing that down as soon as I get some time.

Just in case that doesnt fix my issue, anyone got anymore tips for things I should watch out for?

Thanks!
I too like to file the ends of my top deck a bit to make sure they're not binding on the bulkheads. When you mount the top deck, push down on both shock towers until the chassis is flat on the pit board, then crank down the screws. Also, make sure your servo saver doesn't have any slop, that too will cause the steering to be erratic. The easiest way to test is to turn the car on so the servo is holding center, and then try and turn your wheels by hand and watch the saver. A tiny bit of play from the ball cups and linkages is okay, but if you see play where the halves of the servo saver come together, it's time to replace it. Buy a few spares, the Tamiya savers are great, but don't last forever.

It might also be worth watching all Jilles' videos on the 416. He has a pretty elaborate process he goes through mounting the bulkheads (and toe blocks) to the chassis to help prevent tweak.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #7869
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Sounds like you are using the original servosaver. Springs in those get sloppy really easily.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #7870
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dodo

had my first outing with my 416X last sunday, didn't manage to get podium but i'm satisfied with how the car performed, very satisfied.

it was a carpet race.

box stock setup with changes in droop.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #7871
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilo View Post
Sounds like you are using the original servosaver. Springs in those get sloppy really easily.
Are there any aftermarket replacements for the Hi-Torque servo saver springs (especially the outer one)? It's really annoying buying the entire servo saver kit at $10 just to replace this one crappy piece of stamped metal. I wouldn't mind paying like $10 if it came with about 5 of them...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #7872
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
As Syndr0me has said, sand the ends of the top deck a little to make sure the top deck slots in without hitting the bulkhead caps. I've found this is still the case with the X as well. Shouldn't need much, about 0.5mm both ends.

As for the steering, again as Stilo and Syn have already said, check your servo saver for any slop. Personally, I use the alloy front plate, as this removes a lot of the slop from the standrd plastic saver, but even then the springs can ware, so need checking regularly. That's partly why outdoors I prefer a solid plastic horn, nothing to wear! One good tip when building the save is too use a light greese (I find thin ceramic good for this) on the springs and plastic parts in the build. Helps everything slide with minimum of friction when needed, which helps to reduce the wear as well.

HiH
Ed
Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #7873
Tech Champion

I built my kit up the same way jilles does in the pro tips video and it makes a big difference. My car is completely tweak free even after a few big hits

rnd_tang's problem sounds like the servo saver though. If you can't be bothered with the tamiya one just use a different brand
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #7874
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

Im having problems with my shocks with the blue TRF O RINGS they leak any tips how to stop the leaks
Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #7875
Tech Master

I remember reading the blue seals are a touch smaller so you need to add shims to prevent leaking - maybe 0.1-0.2mm thick.