R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #7801
Tech Elite
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default

Stilo, please pm me the setup or post here.....I have both cars, WE and X
Thanks, Dwayne Flodell
__________________
Dwayne Flodell
Team Mad Scientist
-When you need mad rip.....call the Mad Scientist Fantom Racing
Team Sweepracing
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #7802
Tech Apprentice
 
Stilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 62
Default

Final setup from DHI
Itīs kinda basic stuff for Sorex/LRP tires.

Things that I would have wanted to test at the event were:
-no shims in wheelhexes
-6mm under front ballstud
-C-C XA-Blocks
But too much to change and so few heats...

That setup doesnīt turn much, but it keeps the speed through corners better.

Some driver were traction rolling, but it wasnīt a problem for most of the drivers.
__________________
Team EuroRC.com
Stilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #7803
Tech Fanatic
 
dsrbltoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 890
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Just check with you all on the arms. Do Tamiya produces aluminium short reversible arm for 416WE/X? If not what about 3rd party manufacturer.

Does aluminium arms good enough to bullletproof my car. What in case of major crash. I do believe the suspension mount will bend rite?
No alloy arms for sedans from tamiya. The only 1/10 car they ever released alloy arms was on the TB01. Well actually they were released for TG10 gas car which used same suspention as TB01, then they released the first long arm conversions.

I ran them on both gas and elec at that time. I would look else where to bulet proof it. Alloy will bend tweek or break too.

The current carbon arms are damn strong, and and the short set is even stronger.

Kevin
"Tamiya Durability Tester"
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #7804
Tech Elite
 
tandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: airdrie
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tandman
Default

Stilo, thanks......
What is the exact effect of cutting the top-deck? What would the car be doing to want to cut it? Also, your droop measurement...how are you measuring it?
Thanks
__________________
Dwayne Flodell
Team Mad Scientist
-When you need mad rip.....call the Mad Scientist Fantom Racing
Team Sweepracing
tandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:23 AM   #7805
Tech Elite
 
Toh WL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Setapak
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrbltoys View Post
No alloy arms for sedans from tamiya. The only 1/10 car they ever released alloy arms was on the TB01. Well actually they were released for TG10 gas car which used same suspention as TB01, then they released the first long arm conversions.

I ran them on both gas and elec at that time. I would look else where to bulet proof it. Alloy will bend tweek or break too.

The current carbon arms are damn strong, and and the short set is even stronger.

Kevin
"Tamiya Durability Tester"
Yes true but the carbon arms do break that's all I experienced.
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 AM   #7806
Tech Regular
 
s13evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

your thoughts on 3Racing Bottom Deck Chassis for the TRF416? has anyone used one before. is it just as good as the OEM one.

Last edited by s13evo; 01-13-2010 at 04:31 AM.
s13evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 AM   #7807
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 3,940
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Yes true but the carbon arms do break that's all I experienced.
Speaking of breaking arms, does anyone know if a company makes a hard bumper for the 416X? I think Parma does, but I don't think it they have one specifically for the 416X.

Can't wait, picking up my 416X today or tomorrow!!
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 AM   #7808
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Yes true but the carbon arms do break that's all I experienced.
i think they will eventually do, perhaps if you really hit it hard or hit the weakpoint. but it does not regulary break if you hit the barrier or worn.

i use 415 for 1yr + to race mod and experienced front knuckle break or susp mount bent, but no arm breakage.

similar with TA05 for 4 years
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #7809
Tech Elite
 
Toh WL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Setapak
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Speaking of breaking arms, does anyone know if a company makes a hard bumper for the 416X? I think Parma does, but I don't think it they have one specifically for the 416X.

Can't wait, picking up my 416X today or tomorrow!!
Talking about bumper I do not see any issues with the original one.

But there is a problem with bumper holder TAM51253. What happen was the 3 screws to the chassis came out upon impact or loosen. Although I changed it to new one & use longer screw. It does not solve the problem. This is the design weakness. That's why I always check & tighten when neccessary.

If anyone has good idea overcome this. Appreciate the assistance....
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #7810
Tech Elite
 
Toh WL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Setapak
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
i think they will eventually do, perhaps if you really hit it hard or hit the weakpoint. but it does not regulary break if you hit the barrier or worn.

i use 415 for 1yr + to race mod and experienced front knuckle break or susp mount bent, but no arm breakage.

similar with TA05 for 4 years
It happened when I ram the right side of the wheel. The arm did break, the steering linkage bend & the knuckle came out. I lose the flanged tube, shims & the screws..

If Tamiya would have rubber bumper in replacement to original foam bumper. Most likely my car would be safe. Not forgetting the hardened material for TAM51253 in support of the bumper.
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #7811
Tech Elite
 
Senna Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,035
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I had this problem

Used a bit of zap

Allow to half cure then set screws
can take off when need but is rock solid

were before I would tighten ever 2 races
__________________
Feral Batteries for all your on road needs
TRF 416, Fantom Batteries, Sorex, Tekin
Senna Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #7812
Tech Elite
 
Toh WL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Setapak
Posts: 3,567
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna Racing View Post
I had this problem

Used a bit of zap

Allow to half cure then set screws
can take off when need but is rock solid

were before I would tighten ever 2 races
Good suggestion.. thanks.
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #7813
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 26
Default

Hy!

What will be a good FDR for an lrp 13*4 brushed motor on a 416we?
Thanks!
Davzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #7814
Tech Elite
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,133
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Yes true but the carbon arms do break that's all I experienced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Talking about bumper I do not see any issues with the original one.

But there is a problem with bumper holder TAM51253. What happen was the 3 screws to the chassis came out upon impact or loosen. Although I changed it to new one & use longer screw. It does not solve the problem. This is the design weakness. That's why I always check & tighten when neccessary.

If anyone has good idea overcome this. Appreciate the assistance....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
It happened when I ram the right side of the wheel. The arm did break, the steering linkage bend & the knuckle came out. I lose the flanged tube, shims & the screws..

If Tamiya would have rubber bumper in replacement to original foam bumper. Most likely my car would be safe. Not forgetting the hardened material for TAM51253 in support of the bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
Good suggestion.. thanks.
Toh,

U seems like an experienced "416 breaker"

Well, I've raced the 416 for more than a year and arms are still solid!!!

Yes, I do agree that sometimes that screw could come loose so do check them occasionally.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #7815
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,522
Default

I sold my WE and got me 416X today....I m really excited about it and hopefully I can put it together in the next weeks. Any advice before I start? Will the same set up from my WE works with the X? I m usually using Jilles basic outdoor set up for my local unprepared outdoor track...
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 12:08 PM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 05:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 03:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 10:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:25 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0