R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #661
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Actually, not having the diffrings keyed to the hub is a good thing, it lets the rings slip a little against the hub instead of the balls and so prolonging the time between rebuilds. If you have raced offroad you proberly know that the ae stealth diff is the best there is and it has this design, it only took losi 15+ years to figure out why As for the belt stabilizer, it is what the name implies a stabilizer to prevent the belt from flipping over under high loads. It was first introduced on the 415ms as the original 415 had some issues with beltflipping.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #662
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Lightbulb Spool TRF416

Does anyone had the chanse to fit a spool of a TB EVO IV. I think it might fit perfectly when I look at the proportions. Now ofcourse it has to be tested. My 416 will be here in 2 weeks so I can't, but maybe somebody else that has a TRF416 and olso has the spool of a TB EVO IV laying around. Maybe you could check it then if its possible.
jerry_voet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #663
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_voet View Post
Does anyone had the chanse to fit a spool of a TB EVO IV. I think it might fit perfectly when I look at the proportions. Now ofcourse it has to be tested. My 416 will be here in 2 weeks so I can't, but maybe somebody else that has a TRF416 and olso has the spool of a TB EVO IV laying around. Maybe you could check it then if its possible.
It doesn't fit. The 415 MRE spool fit with TA05 outdrives without any modification
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #664
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,162
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
It doesn't fit. The 415 MRE spool fit with TA05 outdrives without any modification
direct use MRE alum. direct coupling & derlin direct cup ! !
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPa...sort=2a&page=3
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:46 AM   #665
Tech Regular
 
alan1467's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durham UK
Posts: 352
Default Belts

Anyone measured the belts against the 415 or Cyclone etc to see if they'll fit for spares?
__________________
Tamiya TRF - Tekin
F104W Pro - CRC Gen X10
alan1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #666
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Default

I built the car exactly to spec, and found something weird. The front upper turnbuckle is set to 15mm. But when I make 15mm, the front tires have mean neg. camber like 5degrees. I then set it to 17mm, just like the rear, and it settle to about 1.5. I used the mounting hole for the bulkhead per manual. Anyone else?
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #667
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,162
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1467 View Post
Anyone measured the belts against the 415 or Cyclone etc to see if they'll fit for spares?
TRF416 is new belts ,
around next week arrive !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #668
Tech Fanatic
 
miccal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 768
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
Actually, not having the diffrings keyed to the hub is a good thing, it lets the rings slip a little against the hub instead of the balls and so prolonging the time between rebuilds. If you have raced offroad you proberly know that the ae stealth diff is the best there is and it has this design, it only took losi 15+ years to figure out why As for the belt stabilizer, it is what the name implies a stabilizer to prevent the belt from flipping over under high loads. It was first introduced on the 415ms as the original 415 had some issues with beltflipping.
I thought that with the diff rings moving then the diff balls wouldn't perform properly, but I see your point. I know what the belt stabilizer does, it is just that on my TRF415MS the stabilizer pushed down on the belt even when the car was not moving.
miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #669
Tech Fanatic
 
miccal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 768
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
I built the car exactly to spec, and found something weird. The front upper turnbuckle is set to 15mm. But when I make 15mm, the front tires have mean neg. camber like 5degrees. I then set it to 17mm, just like the rear, and it settle to about 1.5. I used the mounting hole for the bulkhead per manual. Anyone else?
I noticed that too, but I assumed it was because I am using a different suspension mount combination and short suspension arms.
miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #670
Tech Fanatic
 
miccal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 768
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I was going to go with this as well.... I'll try the car stock to start off, then move the setup closer towards what I currently run on the 415 (certainly in terms of arms, blocks and shocks). So that'll be short arms, 0.5mm under the blocks, and 1.5deg of rear toe in (A/D) with White/Blue springs, no sway bars

I'll leave the rest as is... although I'll measure the car up in a similar manner so I can make up a RC calculator, same as the 415 one I did.

Regards
Ed
Hey Ed, have you got yours yet? I want to hear what you think.
miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #671
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,265
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miccal View Post
Hey Ed, have you got yours yet? I want to hear what you think.
Haha, well I'm honoured to think you think my view point is valuable... but unfortuantly I don't have mine yet.
Thanks to the joys of the UK postal system (and it being christmas), it took 5days to fly from Japan (), and is now stuck in customs, so it's highly unlikely I'll have it in my hands before christmas... although it's not too bad, as I'm awaiting a few bits of electronics to arrive for it (going for BRCA 10.5/LiPo class this year ).

Still, my initial impressions are that it has a lot of good, detailed improvements over the 415 (axle bearings for one, front suspension another). Certainly eager to get hold of it and run it Thankfully, I have limited racing opportunites over the Christmas period, so the first run for me will be a club race on the 6th of jan, and the following weekend a Carpet Wars round (I'll keep the MRE in reserve just in case, for now ).

You don't know how jealous I am of everyone else having their cars already...

Regards
Ed

P.S. apologies if that post is a little incoherent, just got back from the departmental christmas meal.... lots of beer, with a curry... where's that pint of water
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #672
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Got Mine yesterday...WooHoo!!!


Sorry Ed
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #673
Tech Elite
 
Turbo Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 4,878
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Got Mine yesterday...WooHoo!!!
Did you get it from Jeff? What do you think of the new shop? I think he's got a lot more stuff in a lot less space.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #674
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,113
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

So, what do most people run for bumpers on these cars? Surely not the stock one? On most cars I've driven, improving the front bumper has gone a long way toward limiting breakage of front end parts. I see Pdub makes one, but does anybody do something with a kydex or something as well?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #675
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,113
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Also, what brands of quality spurs can be used with the 4 hole pattern Tamiya uses? I see the PRS gears with the older hole pattern will work, but I think those have been updated. I've got a couple of the old style PRS in 88 teeth (64 pitch) that I'll use for 13.5, but I'd like some backups.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net