R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 12-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I work for a manufacturing company and I can appreciate the difficulties in getting that many parts to come together to meet a release date. I would suspect that there was a problem with the motor mount and somebody made the decision not to delay the release and prep the motor mount by blasting so that it would take the inodize.

I am sure that the motor mount will function properly and it the car is as good as we all hope that it is we will forget about this detail very quickly.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #587
Tech Regular

I beleive that Tamiya offers the 416 kit in 3 versions, one with no blue anodizing, one with blue anodizing and standard screws and one with Blue anodizing and Titanium screws. But that costs more and some distributors may not have stocked that version.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:36 PM   #588
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastforward View Post
I work for a manufacturing company and I can appreciate the difficulties in getting that many parts to come together to meet a release date. I would suspect that there was a problem with the motor mount and somebody made the decision not to delay the release and prep the motor mount by blasting so that it would take the inodize.

I am sure that the motor mount will function properly and it the car is as good as we all hope that it is we will forget about this detail very quickly.
Got yours yet? If mine shows up tomorrow, it's possible I won't sleep between then and racing Tuesday. :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I beleive that Tamiya offers the 416 kit in 3 versions, one with no blue anodizing, one with blue anodizing and standard screws and one with Blue anodizing and Titanium screws. But that costs more and some distributors may not have stocked that version.
Not quite correct...

Theres one kit only (416)... it's just that RC Champ offer the car with the addition of a full (silver) Ti screw kit, or a blue alu and Ti Screw kit (which I've got on the way). Given it only adds about ~$45 to the price of the kit, I have on one the way.

Toughbeard.... the MRE was a special case, in that it was essentially a fully hopped up version... and was the only kit to come with Ti Screws. All the other kits came/come with steel screws. At least the air duct is included with this car, unlike the MRE! As for the motor mount... hell, if it works, who cares!

Regards
Ed
Old 12-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #590
Tech Lord

I take my brushless motor out of the car about once a month to clean/oil it, so I'll never see the motor mount anyway. :-)
Old 12-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #591
Tech Apprentice

Default 416

DO not let the finish of the motor mount keep you from getting excited about this car. All the improvements have made this an almost perfect car in my eyes, almost everything i hated about the 415 has been corrected. Until you build/work on one you will much appreciate the changes! Oh and its just as gorgeous!

Yes the body does fit from the 415 as well!

Here is a set-up i have fund to be a great start for rubber indoor carpet...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 416.pdf (50.9 KB, 209 views)

TAMIYA- www.tamiya.ca
LRP- www.lrp-electronic.de
Reedy batteries
Protoform- www.pro-lineracing.com
Parma- www.parmapse.com
APS racing- www.aps-racing.net
www.muchhobby.com
TRFwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #592
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Got yours yet? If mine shows up tomorrow, it's possible I won't sleep between then and racing Tuesday. :-)
Maybe you will have the Tamiya flu and won't be able to go to work. I know I had the Mugen flu a couple of years ago.

I will be lucky if mine is here by Friday. Sure hope I have it for the holiday break.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #593
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

whitey are those the suspen blocks that came with the kit
u use on the set up sheet?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #594
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

Who ever made that decision needs to step down or be fired.....stop production, do the thing right man! I guess he was thinking "hmmm no one will notice." wrong now everyone notice! Everyone waited what four or five versions two more month would not have killed anyone. I love the tamiya blue color......I know everthing will not be prefect, but these kits have bragging right............I geuss Xray 008 will relish this moment in production.

But I am still getting the kit.....
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #595
Tech Lord

Corey,

For the Tamiya noobs, how much of that setup can be accomplished with the stock parts? I just need a place to start with CS27's, and will tune from there as parts allow. I'm not even sure what I need to get yet, aside from toe blocks when they're released, and maybe some other sway bars. Or did the kit come with a range of sways?

FFW: Working from home this week, which is nice timing. I'm not leaving the house until it's delivered so I don't miss signing for it. I'll probably sleep by the front door so I don't miss the knock. This is almost as bad as being a kid on Christmas.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #596
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ndo5a View Post
Who ever made that decision needs to step down or be fired.....stop production, do the thing right man! I guess he was thinking "hmmm no one will notice." wrong now everyone notice! Everyone waited what four or five versions two more month would not have killed anyone. I love the tamiya blue color......I know everthing will not be prefect, but these kits have bragging right............I geuss Xray 008 will relish this moment in production.

The same 008 that's not being shipped to customers because they're waiting for updated parts to put in the kits for the "updated" parts they replaced their molded parts with since they couldn't get them right before release? That 008? I hear it's awesome at grinding off battery bars with the pinion gear. :-) New kits always seem to have quirks, even from the infallible XRay.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #597
Tech Addict

Quote:
The same 008 that's not being shipped to customers because they're waiting for updated parts to put in the kits for the "updated" parts they replaced their molded parts with since they couldn't get them right before release? That 008? I hear it's awesome at grinding off battery bars with the pinion gear. :-) New kits always seem to have quirks, even from the infallible XRay.

Thank you for making my point........Do not release something until you get it right.....
Old 12-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ndo5a View Post

You know... If you feel strongly enough about the motor mount that you would fire somebody, you probably should not get this kit.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #599
Tech Addict

Quote:
You know... If you feel strongly enough about the motor mount that you would fire somebody, you probably should not get this kit.
Let me See..I have the

Evo4ms
Evo5 x 2
Ta05r x 2
ta05ms
TRF415
TRF415ms
TRF415MSX
TRF415MSXMRE x 3
TECHRACING MY07 Medusa one is enough
TCS A Main Silver

I feel safe to say I have been a Firm supporter.

I am the type of person who cannot stand to have a door ding in on my car...most people can live with that, me.....I will take it to the shop and have it removed at once.

Do not read to deep into what is written or you should not take it personal......everyone should be able to express their opinions here okay.....

But For real, those are sloopy decision and if you condone them that your business.......A company can only know how good their product is from a customer or consumer feedback it is very important. You can believe where i work if someone cost the company a $100,000 in a production decision they have pretty much resigned. Most company's are not as forgive are these rc production company's since they are on a much smaller scale amd it does not affect the masses.

I am not worry about the flaw.....I will get a replacement for free.....I got the hook up! I will not be keeping my door ding!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So here you are telling me you aren't getting one.... And now you are?? What's up with that!! Is it because I'm gonna get one next year? Huh??!! Punk!! And if you get it... make sure you let me know so I can check it out!!

Oh, and I still need to contact Tamiya. They STILL haven't sent me my gold medal from July!! Who did you email at Tamiya USA? Fred? Those bastards owe me the medal. Hell, I donated the car kit back to the raffle. If I don't get my medal... I'm keeping it the kit next time!!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote