Well Finally my car arrived
To compare it with the MRE, I am a little disappointed actually. Not that I do not have the parts to remedy the unhappiness
it is just that Seeing what comes out off MRE makes me wonder why they excluded it here in the kit with almost the same price tag...
First the good bits...
1. I had been trashing every forum I am a part of about changing back to larger Axle bearings... Finally someone listened for a change... Hoooraaaayyy no more 9x5 stupidity...
2. A more flexing chassis design. No more jumping through all sorts of loops to make the car handel with harder tires... (at least I am hoping not much LOL)
3. the usual titanium coated hinge pins and shock shafts.
4. New black TRF shack bodies.
5. New bearing carries for the diffs which give more adjustments.
6. new CF parts. 37T diff gears (Rear Ball, Front oneway), 18T centers, 105T spur standard.
7. New steering (the bellcranks look the same)
But of all these improvements the only reason that made me buy the 416 is teh 5x10 axle bearings.
Now the complaints:
1. For a 4oo usd car you expect better finish on the metal parts... I loved the way teh MRE parts looked all shiny and the car looked and still looks like out of a scifi movie.. the 416 looks unrefined, parts are sand blasted before anodizing them so they look rough and dull.
and that motor mount looks awful. The TB-02 motor mount looks light years better than this. It looks more like a prototype part made for testing
You can actually tell which parts came for the 415 and which are new by looking at the shine of the color... I will send the parts to get re anodized before the season starts... I wouldnt wanna be seen with those
2. Here is a big one... No titanium screw set.
Wierd... glad I have enough to use for this car..
3. big box no body
waste of shipping charges for many people... the box is very very empty... first I thought they forgot to put some stuff in... this is all you get
I am anxious to build the car and compare it to the MRE. but looking at it mechanically I am sure it will do excellent.
I am totally satisfied with the improvements made mechanically.
Ans I totally hate what Tamiya has done to the car cosmetically.