R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2007, 03:54 AM   #571
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbutstupid View Post
wonder how will the tamiya 416 compare to the serpent s400. my LHS carries both serpent and tamiya parts... not sure which one to get.
TRF416 parts
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_120_176

Serpent S400
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?cPath=51_98_156_157
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:00 AM   #572
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Some TRF416 build pictures here:

http://yossy.cocolog-wbs.com/yossy/
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:26 AM   #573
Tech Elite
 
Vicko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,023
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

so well the old 415 bodies fit right on to the 416?
do the body holes line up?
__________________
- ? -
Vicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #574
Tech Apprentice
 
J Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Posts: 95
Default

Is there any word yet for Tamiya releasing a 416 spool. It looks like all the other parts are accounted for and are hitting the market, but still no sign of a spool? I'm hoping to get my 416 this week.
J Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #575
Tech Regular
 
Fastforward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO (USA)
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default set up

Can anybody offer set up suggestions for the 416 for carpet rubber tire? This is my first Tamiya so I don't have any experiance with 415 set ups.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #576
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastforward View Post
Can anybody offer set up suggestions for the 416 for carpet rubber tire? This is my first Tamiya so I don't have any experiance with 415 set ups.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
it's like any other car avg settings start with the box stock setting
__________________
Team Xray | RC America| Hudy |Jaco |AKA
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #577
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
so well the old 415 bodies fit right on to the 416?
do the body holes line up?
yes fit
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #578
Tech Addict
 
Toughbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 508
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well Finally my car arrived







To compare it with the MRE, I am a little disappointed actually. Not that I do not have the parts to remedy the unhappiness it is just that Seeing what comes out off MRE makes me wonder why they excluded it here in the kit with almost the same price tag...

First the good bits...

1. I had been trashing every forum I am a part of about changing back to larger Axle bearings... Finally someone listened for a change... Hoooraaaayyy no more 9x5 stupidity...

2. A more flexing chassis design. No more jumping through all sorts of loops to make the car handel with harder tires... (at least I am hoping not much LOL)

3. the usual titanium coated hinge pins and shock shafts.

4. New black TRF shack bodies.

5. New bearing carries for the diffs which give more adjustments.

6. new CF parts. 37T diff gears (Rear Ball, Front oneway), 18T centers, 105T spur standard.

7. New steering (the bellcranks look the same)

But of all these improvements the only reason that made me buy the 416 is teh 5x10 axle bearings.

Now the complaints:

1. For a 4oo usd car you expect better finish on the metal parts... I loved the way teh MRE parts looked all shiny and the car looked and still looks like out of a scifi movie.. the 416 looks unrefined, parts are sand blasted before anodizing them so they look rough and dull.



and that motor mount looks awful. The TB-02 motor mount looks light years better than this. It looks more like a prototype part made for testing

You can actually tell which parts came for the 415 and which are new by looking at the shine of the color... I will send the parts to get re anodized before the season starts... I wouldnt wanna be seen with those

2. Here is a big one... No titanium screw set. Wierd... glad I have enough to use for this car..

3. big box no body waste of shipping charges for many people... the box is very very empty... first I thought they forgot to put some stuff in... this is all you get



I am anxious to build the car and compare it to the MRE. but looking at it mechanically I am sure it will do excellent.

I am totally satisfied with the improvements made mechanically.

Ans I totally hate what Tamiya has done to the car cosmetically.
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #579
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,614
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post
Well Finally my car arrived







To compare it with the MRE, I am a little disappointed actually. Not that I do not have the parts to remedy the unhappiness it is just that Seeing what comes out off MRE makes me wonder why they excluded it here in the kit with almost the same price tag...

First the good bits...

1. I had been trashing every forum I am a part of about changing back to larger Axle bearings... Finally someone listened for a change... Hoooraaaayyy no more 9x5 stupidity...

2. A more flexing chassis design. No more jumping through all sorts of loops to make the car handel with harder tires... (at least I am hoping not much LOL)

3. the usual titanium coated hinge pins and shock shafts.

4. New black TRF shack bodies.

5. New bearing carries for the diffs which give more adjustments.

6. new CF parts. 37T diff gears (Rear Ball, Front oneway), 18T centers, 105T spur standard.

7. New steering (the bellcranks look the same)

But of all these improvements the only reason that made me buy the 416 is teh 5x10 axle bearings.

Now the complaints:

1. For a 4oo usd car you expect better finish on the metal parts... I loved the way teh MRE parts looked all shiny and the car looked and still looks like out of a scifi movie.. the 416 looks unrefined, parts are sand blasted before anodizing them so they look rough and dull.



and that motor mount looks awful. The TB-02 motor mount looks light years better than this. It looks more like a prototype part made for testing

You can actually tell which parts came for the 415 and which are new by looking at the shine of the color... I will send the parts to get re anodized before the season starts... I wouldnt wanna be seen with those

2. Here is a big one... No titanium screw set. Wierd... glad I have enough to use for this car..

3. big box no body waste of shipping charges for many people... the box is very very empty... first I thought they forgot to put some stuff in... this is all you get



I am anxious to build the car and compare it to the MRE. but looking at it mechanically I am sure it will do excellent.

I am totally satisfied with the improvements made mechanically.

Ans I totally hate what Tamiya has done to the car cosmetically.
looks like a beauty!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #580
Tech Addict
 
Toughbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 508
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

oh she is a beauty and I cant wait for our first date
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #581
Tech Elite
 
Customworksking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Springfield ILLINOIS
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

do u think we will see a 416 MRE
__________________
Team Xray | RC America| Hudy |Jaco |AKA
Customworksking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #582
Tech Addict
 
m3ndo5a's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

And I thought I was the only one thinking that about the motor mount....I guess that leaves room for a hop up or a Version two...... And the finish is kind of dull....that is very odd. Can anyone else say the same about their finish.

Last edited by m3ndo5a; 12-16-2007 at 03:50 PM.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #583
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,614
Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking View Post
do u think we will see a 416 MRE
MRE???

Meals Ready to Eat?? LOL
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:31 PM   #584
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,303
Default

Does it look like it got shot peened? perhaps the rough finish is for durability and surface area for heat dissipation? Or am I being too optimistic
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:14 PM   #585
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,083
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

The motor mount does look a little chunky. I kind of assumed it was to sell whatever minor updates are included in the next revision.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net