Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
This gives more grip by lowering the rear RC. It also gives a very nice amount of camber change for most tracks

If you're loosing to an 009 in low grip then your setup does need some work It's pretty easy to see why you've got a bit of push though, so it's an easy fix. Your front rc is a bit high, and your rear rc is a bit low, the longer wheelbase is stopping rotation, and the no rear sway bar wont be helping in the fast bends

Here is my setup again, copy the roll centres and wheelbase and see how you go. I run this wheelbase everywhere and always have, it just seems spot on. Also, when you say you're running softer springs, what are they? and what is the ambient temp when you race
hi

cheers for the set up sheet i'll try it out

i use tamiya blue front and yellow rear , our track is low/medium grip and temp is again medium temps for europe

i also use Sorex32 tyres and somtimes if i'm feeling rich i use Vvec30s
Old 06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
For only $49.99
Standard cost for something "optimized"...
Old 06-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by penmark67
Ok then will see you at Whalan for the Nats , umm looking for something RED and Fast

Mark M
NICE! Make sure you come have a chat! My 3rd place setup from Whalan state titles last year is on thard.co.uk. If I was running a 416 this time around I'd run a lower front RC and a wider front track. The 50wt oil and silver springs all round were the hot ticket though

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
hi

cheers for the set up sheet i'll try it out

i use tamiya blue front and yellow rear , our track is low/medium grip and temp is again medium temps for europe

i also use Sorex32 tyres and somtimes if i'm feeling rich i use Vvec30s
No worries, the geometry of that setup (same as the base asphalt) is spot on in most circumstances. If you have the HPI springs, use them. If not, try tamiya white/blue and blue/yellow back to back... I reckon the harder will be faster. I've also found sorex 36s to be faster than 32s in all conditions. They are more responsive, even when its cold.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Does anybody know where I can find either the standard 416 (2.25mm) or we (also 2.25) lower decks in stock? Somewhere in the US or Asia preferably.

There are plenty of the optional 2.5mm chassis floating around out there, but i've got 2 seasons on the standard one and don't feel like changing such a big variable...
Old 06-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

subscribed
Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sticky try rc champ, I order my 416WC chassie from them on wendsday
and got it today in the mail... they are good and very fast to get stuff from
u have to e-mail them what u want with part # and they well e-mail u back
with pricing I get stuff from them all the time,
Old 06-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Vicko
Sticky try rc champ, I order my 416WC chassie from them on wendsday
and got it today in the mail... they are good and very fast to get stuff from
u have to e-mail them what u want with part # and they well e-mail u back
with pricing I get stuff from them all the time,
Right on for the info, but Tamiyaland on ebay had one in stock. I will definitely try RC Champ for my next order... I like being able to see stuff on companies' online store though. Still, sounds like a great option.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

I gave my 416 a good send off yesterday by winning the 10.5 class at the latest round of our interclub challenge here in NSW. The track was tight and technical, med grip, and corners marked with large metal domes that really punished you if you touched them. I had issues with them in qualifying but by the 3rd amain it all came good and I won overall on a countback

I also got to try the new Keyence 10.5 for the day (the TOP importer also brings them in). I didn't get a chance to play with the gearing, but although it was running cold it was still super fast down the straight and with good punch and brakes. Cant wait to do some more testing with it

Anyway here is possibly my last 416 setup. It's very similar to my last setup but with the speed 6 body and changes to the rear suspension and toe to suit the lower grip, lower speed, more technical layout
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-craigm-2009-hills-cup-castle-hill-raceway-20090614.jpg  

Last edited by CraigM; 06-15-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo on setup sheet
Old 06-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gave my 416 a good send off yesterday by winning the 10.5 class at the latest round of our interclub challenge here in NSW. The track was tight and technical, med grip, and corners marked with large metal domes that really punished you if you touched them. I had issues with them in qualifying but by the 3rd amain it all came good and I won overall on a countback

I also got to try the new Keyence 10.5 for the day (the TOP importer also brings them in). I didn't get a chance to play with the gearing, but although it was running cold it was still super fast down the straight and with good punch and brakes. Cant wait to do some more testing with it

Anyway here is possibly my last 416 setup. It's very similar to my last setup but with the speed 6 body and changes to the rear suspension and toe to suit the lower grip, lower speed, more technical layout
I could make a comment but it would be misread and some one would take offence thinking I'm a know it all and tell me where to go so..... whatever.
Hope that works for you ...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I could make a comment but it would be misread and some one would take offence thinking I'm a know it all and tell me where to go so..... whatever.
There's also just not even commenting in the first place.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Hope that works for you
The laptimes said so yeah. I should have mentioned, the car was taily and lacked side bite.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

Dude he won a major event with the setup so it obviously worked for him. But please share your wisdom with us. Better yet, share it with everybody - they are waiting for you to post in your very own thread!

Craig, well done buddy. 2 big wins in the last month is nothing to sneeze at. Your input in this thread will be missed.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by veecee
Craig, well done buddy. 2 big wins in the last month is nothing to sneeze at. Your input in this thread will be missed.
Thanks Vinny, don't worry I'll still drop in
Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default well done

The laptimes said so yeah. I should have mentioned, the car was taily and lacked side bite.
Hey mate, interesting changes to your setup in that you took away rear toe for rotation reasons instead of looking for more front grip.

Obviously was faster where it counts (the podium)

Mark M
Old 06-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TRF416WE maybe this week back in stock !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.