R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #5671
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
The KO Sc 1.5 only goes to 6 so I'll roll one back from there, but when you temp your motor, where do you shoot from? Off the label, or the end bell or a couple of places?

Thanks
since you posted again. i was at timing 6, FDR of 4.1 last sat. at our local carpet track (73x73). (trinity duo, middle hole timing) i settled on timing 5 (customized the front end of my profile for more punch) and kept the same fdr. temps stayed the same. PM me or post in the BMC thread if you need more help.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #5672
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

They are on smaller tracks.
And its been a while since I ran my Ko....EXCUUSSSSEEE ME!
Call it what you will profile or timing ... realistically its the same difference.
But for whom it may concern perhaps you all should just put your fastest motors in and gear the crap out of them till you let the smoke out. If I give someone a conservative starting point then they will have something to race again in the future. Your input is more than welcome but Jesus Christ man.....
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #5673
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,362
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hey John, no excussess needed, I understood what you are getting at. I'll give them a try.

Hebiki, is that a modified "goop" profile? And what temps where you seeing? Can I get a copy of it, or do you have it posted somewhere?

For both of you, again, where are you shooting your temps at? I'd just like to be consistant with what your doing. I usually temp off of the lable of the motor.

How soon do you do your temp readings, as I've had on a few occassions, had a motor come off warm but when re-checking a minute or so later the temp is higher than from initial reading.

Thanks for the input guys.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #5674
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hey John, no excussess needed, I understood what you are getting at. I'll give them a try.

Hebiki, is that a modified "goop" profile? And what temps where you seeing? Can I get a copy of it, or do you have it posted somewhere?

For both of you, again, where are you shooting your temps at? I'd just like to be consistant with what your doing. I usually temp off of the lable of the motor.

How soon do you do your temp readings, as I've had on a few occassions, had a motor come off warm but when re-checking a minute or so later the temp is higher than from initial reading.

Thanks for the input guys.
it's not a goop setting. its a setting from Robert Morris (owner of Ko Propo USA). my car was coming off at 155-163deg F. im not sure if the motor cools down from the time i pull over when the race ends to the time i get down from the drivers stand to temp the car. profile is not posted yet. i havent had a chance to get a screenshot.

i temp the motor in 2 places. from the bottom of the chassis (so the can itself) and on the end bell. usually do it twice to make sure.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #5675
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

I take the temperature in the middle of the top of the motor.
Theoretically the hottest spot.
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #5676
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,668
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
it's not a goop setting. its a setting from Robert Morris (owner of Ko Propo USA). my car was coming off at 155-163deg F. im not sure if the motor cools down from the time i pull over when the race ends to the time i get down from the drivers stand to temp the car. profile is not posted yet. i havent had a chance to get a screenshot.

i temp the motor in 2 places. from the bottom of the chassis (so the can itself) and on the end bell. usually do it twice to make sure.
Hey Chris, are you running the timing advance at 3 on the ESC? For OCRC I turned it down from 2 to 1 to get more rip out of the corners and it really seemed to work well on that track.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #5677
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Hey Chris, are you running the timing advance at 3 on the ESC? For OCRC I turned it down from 2 to 1 to get more rip out of the corners and it really seemed to work well on that track.
lol. nope. im at "5". and went down from 6. i also geared down.

so i went from:
timing 6 -- 3.9 FDR
to:
timing 5 -- 4.1 FDR

i also lowered the first 6 steps of the profile to the lowest setting and smoothed out the entire thing to be more linear. BUT.. this is for 17.5, not 13.5. im sure the change i made to the throttle profile will work the same for 13.5.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #5678
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmark67 View Post
And the 4mm under the rear inner link will give less grip than 3mm ?
This gives more grip by lowering the rear RC. It also gives a very nice amount of camber change for most tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
sorry mark it's me being lazy not typing the 1 in

i use 1C 1C and will go to 1D 1D on the front

i have on the front camber spacer the base asphalt set up and rear is 4mm inner and 3 outer i think

base asphalt set up with softer springs and no rear roll bar and 40 oil in the shocks , slightly longer wheel base and 1XA 1D rear ,

car feels good but not as planted as my mates Xray 009 and i want it too and know it can ... i need this half second a lap
If you're loosing to an 009 in low grip then your setup does need some work It's pretty easy to see why you've got a bit of push though, so it's an easy fix. Your front rc is a bit high, and your rear rc is a bit low, the longer wheelbase is stopping rotation, and the no rear sway bar wont be helping in the fast bends

Here is my setup again, copy the roll centres and wheelbase and see how you go. I run this wheelbase everywhere and always have, it just seems spot on. Also, when you say you're running softer springs, what are they? and what is the ambient temp when you race
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-craigm-2009-muchmore-masters-sma-20090524.jpg  
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #5679
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,092
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
This gives more grip by lowering the rear RC. It also gives a very nice amount of camber change for most tracks
wait. raising the rear inner camber link increase grip because the roll center is lowered?? i thought it's the opposite... i'm officially confused
over gear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #5680
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear View Post
wait. raising the rear inner camber link increase grip because the roll center is lowered?? i thought it's the opposite... i'm officially confused


high rc = less grip
low rc = more grip

More shims on hub raises the rc
More shims on the bulkhead lowers the rc
Shims under the suspension blocks raise the rc
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #5681
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Hey Chris, are you running the timing advance at 3 on the ESC? For OCRC I turned it down from 2 to 1 to get more rip out of the corners and it really seemed to work well on that track.
here you go dude...

here's the profile i ran at Reedy. Trinity Duo 17.5, Middle hole timing, i dont remember my FDR ThunderPower 40C 5000 lipo.



here's the profile i ran last Saturday at our Carpet Track - Round 1 of RCGT Showdown..... Trinity Duo 17.5, Middle hole timing, FDR of 4.1. ThunderPower 40C 5000 lipo.

__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #5682
Tech Fanatic
 
penmark67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 791
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default $

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post


high rc = less grip
low rc = more grip

More shims on hub raises the rc
More shims on the bulkhead lowers the rc
Shims under the suspension blocks raise the rc
OK , lets talk money ,....how much is it going to cost me to get you to the SA Titles and..............setup my car whilst here
penmark67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #5683
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,668
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the screenshots Chris, I'm going to run mod today, but for racing I'll have to give those settings a shot since nobody wants to run mod...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #5684
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
Thanks for the screenshots Chris, I'm going to run mod today, but for racing I'll have to give those settings a shot since nobody wants to run mod...
getting my netbook in the next week or so.. so ill be able to use that at the track. if we're ever at the same race and robert is not around.. we'll be able to tweak your esc.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #5685
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmark67 View Post
OK , lets talk money ,....how much is it going to cost me to get you to the SA Titles and..............setup my car whilst here


good luck
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net