Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by sagejyoung
we mostly run ATS and nitro shoes here in SA, these two brands dominate and also fit the 416 perfectly. the shore rating is up to you
hey sage..
what is the track width of your car with the 2 deg ats tyres... im just curious..
my tc was about 192 with the 2 deg...

so what upgrades have u done for the weekend ?.... the phi gonna kill that beast eheheheheheh

just joking..
Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default C Hub

I broke my 'c'hub twice today, its not during high speed impact but only touched the board lightly during slow speed left corner.I m really surprise how fragile this thing is, it cost me 2 heats today. I thought I read somewhere on this thread about using TA05 IFS normal plastic 'c'hub is a bit durable. Is this the one? TA05IFS C HUB

If it is how come it says 2deg caster? Is there any IFS 'c'hub that is 4deg? I also want to know if any of you guys have tried different car brand 'c'hub with 416, like Kyosho's TF5 or Xrays' T2?....Thats the pther brand that available locally in my country other than Tamiya coz my LHS is running out of 416 carbon composite 'c'hub...and tommorrow is the final race day.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
I broke my 'c'hub twice today, its not during high speed impact but only touched the board lightly during slow speed left corner.I m really surprise how fragile this thing is, it cost me 2 heats today. I thought I read somewhere on this thread about using TA05 IFS normal plastic 'c'hub is a bit durable. Is this the one? TA05IFS C HUB

If it is how come it says 2deg caster? Is there any IFS 'c'hub that is 4deg? I also want to know if any of you guys have tried different car brand 'c'hub with 416, like Kyosho's TF5 or Xrays' T2?....Thats the pther brand that available locally in my country other than Tamiya coz my LHS is running out of 416 carbon composite 'c'hub...and tommorrow is the final race day.
That's strange, I would say this car is one of the most durable available. I have raced for months with it and not broken a single part , and with some crazy crashes. The Team Magics, Cyclones, and TC5 break like crazy on my track. Are you running a servo saver?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tremor24
That's strange, I would say this car is one of the most durable available. I have raced for months with it and not broken a single part , and with some crazy crashes. The Team Magics, Cyclones, and TC5 break like crazy on my track. Are you running a servo saver?
Yes with SQUARE blue aluminum horn...SQUARE servo horn
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz

This is what your after....

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=1484

You will struggle to break these, believe me, they are a LOT more durable than the standard carbon versions, and also yield a little more steering due to being softer.

If your really struggling, the 415 ones can also fit, you'll need the 415 style king pins as well though.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
This is what your after....

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=1484

You will struggle to break these, believe me, they are a LOT more durable than the standard carbon versions, and also yield a little more steering due to being softer.

If your really struggling, the 415 ones can also fit, you'll need the 415 style king pins as well though.

HiH
Ed
Thanks Ed.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tamiya
416WE upper deck & DERLIN DIRECT CUP few qty arrive !
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hrmm I'm still having wear issues with the rear diff halve outdrives. Am I just being too slack replacing the plastic blades or is there something more I can do to stop the drive pins denting the outdrives?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Hrmm I'm still having wear issues with the rear diff halve outdrives. Am I just being too slack replacing the plastic blades or is there something more I can do to stop the drive pins denting the outdrives?
Rear diff halves ? really! Ive seen that on the front but the rear ? Thats gotta be from tagging the wall. I suggest you stop doing that ....
Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Isn't anyone selling a WE???
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Your rear diff halves should never wear, once the blades start getting slop in them just replace them, much cheaper and easier than replacing the outdrives...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys, i cracked my lower deck at a race meeting this weekend , does anyone have any tips on how i can fix it?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys, i cracked my lower deck at a race meeting this weekend , does anyone have any tips on how i can fix it?

Sheeeet Sage and you can drive?! Just imagine me! What happend??? I dont know if CF can be fixed? I mean wont that spot cause bigger problems if you glue/epoxy it? Sell it to me and buy a new one
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fill the crack.... OMG! with thin CA and put it in a vice for a while . Sand and salt to taste. This message will self distruct in five seconds......
four,
three,
two...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ricky/C
Isn't anyone selling a WE???
Hey!! i hear rcmart is sell a few 416we's hehehe
rumour has is its all new heheheheh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.