Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I just built and raced the 416WE this past weekend, car handled awsome! I did notice last night as I was cleaning the car and checking tweak and other maintenance, that the front belt had been rubbing on the chassis. I was thinking of filling the chassis a little but decided to tighten the belt just one notch, after driving the car around today it still rubs Anybody ever ran into this situation before? I'm just going to file the chassis, what do you think?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
Best Lap Time:

- LTC-R Body with Much-More AT 32 tire => 7.25 sec.
- TITAN Mazda6 Body with Much-More QTS 32 tire => 7.301 sec.

i felt aggressive feeling with LTC-R Body.. and stablility with Titan MAZDA 6.
good , but isn't same tire
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

my absolute favourite is the Protoform Mazda Speed 6. If I need a little bit more steering I prefer the old Mazda 6 (without Speed!)

btw: All the TRF416WE Spare Parts finally arrived and are available here: http://www.sakaguchinetshop.com/inde..._TRF416WE.html
Old 02-13-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In agreement with the belt tension comment... loose is fast... making it tight will just add unwanted amounts of drag to the driveline. You want it as loose as possible without the belt skipping on the pulleys.
Don't forget we have the bearings mounted off the top deck, they aren't a tensior per-se, more there to help reduce the belt vibration, mine hardly touch the belt at all.

If you want instant response, you need to go with a shaftie

As for the belt rubbing, I guess it's at the front under the pulley? just file the chassis back at an angle to clear the belt better

Cheers
Ed
Old 02-13-2009, 08:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
hi Randy, how ya doing ?
Good, how have you been?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
I just built and raced the 416WE this past weekend, car handled awsome! I did notice last night as I was cleaning the car and checking tweak and other maintenance, that the front belt had been rubbing on the chassis. I was thinking of filling the chassis a little but decided to tighten the belt just one notch, after driving the car around today it still rubs Anybody ever ran into this situation before? I'm just going to file the chassis, what do you think?
Honestly you're not going to hurt anything by the belt rubbing on the chassis, even if you file the chassis down there will still be times where it's going to rub, just like John said, it's going so fast there's really no way to stop it. Try lowering the roller bearings on your top deck a bit, that may help with some of the belt stretch under power.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
If you want instant response, you need to go with a shaftie

Cheers
Ed
waiting for my Evo5 MS
Old 02-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I never noticed anything like you guys said, if anything the car drive train is the smoothest hands down. Super quiet and bind free I just set the tension like the manual said and later tightened the front one notch. Honestly though I really could'nt tell a difference. I just need to buy a new ESC now since I F-upped my SP this weekend
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I never noticed anything like you guys said, if anything the car drive train is the smoothest hands down. Super quiet and bind free I just set the tension like the manual said and later tightened the front one notch. Honestly though I really could'nt tell a difference. I just need to buy a new ESC now since I F-upped my SP this weekend
I have a speed passion GT v1.1 for sale if ud like .
Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bodyshells

hi
what motor were u running in that car you did the testing the bodyshells with it was rapid and the motor sounded crazy fast. By the way the car looked dialed with all shells but the ltc looked the best.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This may be personal opinion but I have yet to see a drive train smoother than the Xpress Mike Swauger Edition. That was so free back in the day. I know Billy Bowerman still has one. Maybe he could set up a fun little test between cars if he has extra time....
Old 02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
waiting for my Evo5 MS
You my friend suck once again! haha When you get it, send it to me!! Actually, I'm thinking of revamping my Evo IV. I want to put 416 steering on it. Plus did you know that 416 shock towers are a direct bolt on!!! I'm hoping that the counter sunk shock towers will help some with chassis tweak. I also think the high top deck will be good to clear the pinion for 17.5 and 13.5 classes. Plus I have Evo IV spools! 416 suspension bolted up... should be a nice car. Just too bad it won't be TCS legal since it'll be a 416/Evo hybrid. But I can always club race and Roar race it. Anyways, lemme know how you like the Vms.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
Best Lap Time:

- LTC-R Body with Much-More AT 32 tire => 7.25 sec.
- TITAN Mazda6 Body with Much-More QTS 32 tire => 7.301 sec.

i felt aggressive feeling with LTC-R Body.. and stablility with Titan MAZDA 6.
Thanks for the videos. The LTC-R looks very good around the track. It looks like the Speed 6 pushes more so you tried to compensate with your driving but made more mistakes. Was that how it fely?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
This may be personal opinion but I have yet to see a drive train smoother than the Xpress Mike Swauger Edition. That was so free back in the day. I know Billy Bowerman still has one. Maybe he could set up a fun little test between cars if he has extra time....
Good Call Clint, that car had its pro's and cons. Down in the "OC" Ultimate is still selling them for 80-100 bucks.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can I get a little help from some of you longtime Tamiya guys? Tower hobbies has Tamiya parts but I'm having the hardest time trying to locate a couple of parts. I tried searching using the Tamiya part number but nothing comes up. Lokking through a couple of pages I didn't see them. I'm trying to order the following items.
TAM53572- 2hole piston
TAM51065- 1B pivot block
TAM53932- 0.5 shims
TAM53933- 1mm shims

If tower doesn't carry these is there somewhere stateside that I could order these from? Speedtech is out of stock on some of these items. Thanks for any help you can give me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.