Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sal Amato
42102 is the new pretty version Sal.

The Tamiya website says, "This set of 4 high-grade TRF front/rear racing dampers have damper cylinders that feature a newly developed black-colored fluorine coating for even less friction than previous damper cylinder coatings. Efficiency is further increased by utilizing titanium-coated piston rods for smoother travel, while damper cap, O-ring cap, and spring retainer are all in striking Tamiya blue to provide vivid chassis highlights. Includes white-colored medium suspension springs."

So the 53571 is the old version and 42102 is the new...

-Sean
Old 02-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Well I have a setup posted on teamtrf.com for BCR, it's for the original 416 but should transfer fine to the new car if you end up going there.
That's cool, I'm using your set-up as a base set-up for tomorrow(weather permitting of course). Of couse I'm in a parking lot so should be fun
Old 02-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default My TRF 416 WE

Hi!

I buy 416 WE!! i come from E4.

I got good information of 416 in this thread

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-sany0018.jpg  
Old 02-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
I use a same size bearing to compress the plastic outdrives then I push the alloy sleeve with bearing the same time using a long nose pliers or body scissors. I find this method works best for me.
Originally Posted by TryHard
Another option is to take you pliars, place them between the spool pulley and the bearing, and then lever against the bearing. With the bearing resting against the outdrive cover, should pop the cover off.

HiH
Ed
Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Hold the spool on a 45 Degree angle.
Press down (on a hard surface) to one side of the delrin drive output piece while holding (and pressing down on) the aluminum ring.
Once the "Half" has pressed past the lip, It comes right off.
No harm... No Foul !
Thanks for all the help and great support!!

Btw, does anyone has news whether Tamiya will make a front one-way set for the WE?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doriftu

Btw, does anyone has news whether Tamiya will make a front one-way set for the WE?
Hey "doriftu", 416 series has always front one-way set, don't you know the old model is including it?
The matter is sold out in the market.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doriftu

Yvw

Larry's Performance R/C's has them (586)997-4840. the same as the one way front diff for the 501x 4WD Buggy.
Make sure you get the special pulley. It is the same as the one on the spool but it is way nicer to just have a new one for the one way and keep the old one on the spool. The 37 tooth diff pulley has a smaller hole in it for the bearing.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Today is my first 416 WE run.

But 416 front spool cup was broken.

as i know.. if i use 46mm front universial shaft, the spool cup broken problem will be fixed.

is it right?

i am using 44mm front universial shaft(steel)
Old 02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

How feasible is it to make a "slipper" spool out of a diff for this car? If we're only using a 13.5, is it possible to make something that locks down tight enough to rip out of the corners, but still gives a little under impact? The spool is brutal on the front of the car.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
Today is my first 416 WE run.

But 416 front spool cup was broken.

as i know.. if i use 46mm front universial shaft, the spool cup broken problem will be fixed.

is it right?

i am using 44mm front universial shaft(steel)
Nope... the front plastic spool cups are a bit, erm... abuse intolerant
Personally, I would stick with the 44mm drive shafts, and if your willing to give up a bit of steering for durability, go with steel drive cups. There are a number out there that can be used (namely the ones from the TA05 spool), but require a little bit of modification to the bearing holders to work.

HiH
Ed
Old 02-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'm running the 46s and will be switching to the 44s, I have noticed the chatter that Ed mentioned but never realised that was the cause. I'm not sure if that helps with your decision. If you don't care about the chatter, consider running the 46mm's because every time I check cups they arent worn at all

In other news, my latest set up is available here. It was my first time racing at the indoor, very tight and high grip (VHT) Windsor Hobby and Racing Centre (www.windsorhobbies.com.au) and I really didnt get the hang of the track until the last two finals. I qualified poorly but just scraped into the amain and placed 5th overall - I had been sitting 3rd in two of the finals but was punted on both occasions The set up worked a treat though, I set a lap time 2 tenths off the quickest of the day so it's probably 90-95% right
Old 02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
That's cool, I'm using your set-up as a base set-up for tomorrow(weather permitting of course). Of couse I'm in a parking lot so should be fun
I was down in SD yesterday, didn't look like there would be a chance of racing today... My setup probably wont work on DHW's surface very well, it's just too low grip and that setup already is lacking rear end grip to get it around BCR's tight layouts.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There are a bunch of great low-med grip asphalt set-ups on ed's site or petitrc
Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi, is it if i use 44mm swing shaft instead of 46mm swing shaft can reduce some of the chatter when cornering?

another question is i wonder why the titanium coated shock shaft colour will fading after awhile i'm using it...i heard there are 2 version of the titanium coated shock shaft ? is it true ?

thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Hey "doriftu", 416 series has always front one-way set, don't you know the old model is including it?
The matter is sold out in the market.
yup, but the problem is i dont want to buy the front one-way parts from different shops. Those parts are pretty hard to find ie the one-way, outdrives etc

Thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I was down in SD yesterday, didn't look like there would be a chance of racing today... My setup probably wont work on DHW's surface very well, it's just too low grip and that setup already is lacking rear end grip to get it around BCR's tight layouts.
It was actually a nice day today, good turn out. The only thing I changed from the set up was the shock position, went up one hole both front and rear on the towers. A couple of people drove my car and they seem to wash the rear end loose on almost all the corner exits. I had no problem driving it the way I had it setup, not all people drive the same I guess. The only problem i had was tire choice in practice and the Slash drivers using my car as a ramp as they cut across the track on the straight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.