R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #4291
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I've been trying many different ways and places to put that file but it always trunkates prematurely. The link (file) is incompleet or something . I cant even get it to go to my desktop. Damnit I realy want to check it out too..
Is there another place I can d/l it ?
ED!?
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #4292
mok
Tech Master
 
mok's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok
Default

guys, i've put the 416 calc on my web server..
http://www.epracer.com/docs/TRF416%2...0Calc%20v1.zip

maybe you can try it from here, its the same file that ED posted and it works for me?

-Mark
__________________
XRAY T3'2011 / TEKIN RS PRO / LRP X12 / HYPERION SWIFT G3 RACE PACKS / FUTABA S9551 / SPEKTRUM DX3R
www.epracer.com - www.precc.org.au - www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.asn.au - www.onroadrccarclubbunbury.org.au
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #4293
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Thanks Mark,

That worked...
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #4294
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
Thanks Mark,

That worked...
+1
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #4295
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Hi Ed, I noticed when you put the WE set up into the front page you get different static RC values than on the set up tab
Good spot Craig. I'll get the changed now. I only copied the values over from the previous version, so forgot to update it now it works properly... Doh!

@ Hebiki.
The static roll centre is calculated using the ground as a reference point, along the centre line of the car. Minus figures means it is below the ground, postitive above. In answer to your question... -5 would roll more than -2, as the roll centre moves closer to the Centre of Gravity (which I think we can safely assume is above the ground... )

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #4296
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

right, updated version with correct kit setups.... and a how to use bit on the front page

Also, for thoose that can't get the zip too work (has to be a zip to post on here), the file is also on my website as the excel sheet here

Regards
Ed
Attached Files
File Type: zip TRF416 Advanced RC Calc v1.1.zip (81.1 KB, 76 views)
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |

Last edited by TryHard; 02-04-2009 at 11:03 AM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #4297
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Good spot Craig. I'll get the changed now. I only copied the values over from the previous version, so forgot to update it now it works properly... Doh!

@ Hebiki.
The static roll centre is calculated using the ground as a reference point, along the centre line of the car. Minus figures means it is below the ground, postitive above. In answer to your question... -5 would roll more than -2, as the roll centre moves closer to the Centre of Gravity (which I think we can safely assume is above the ground... )

HiH
Ed
Okay so... static roll center instead of just roll center . What would I expect from a lower number ? More camber gain durring compression? Help me out here. Please and thank you .
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #4298
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Static roll centre is simply that, it's the point the car would start to roll around.
A lower static roll centre will give an idication of overall roll centre, and can be used as a guide for determining how the changes will affect it. As a rule of thumb, a lower roll centre will give more roll, and hence more grip, but slower reaction.

Roll centre moves as the car rolls (dynamicaly)... and thats way to complex for me to calculate!

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #4299
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Static roll centre is simply that, it's the point the car would start to roll around.
A lower static roll centre will give an idication of overall roll centre, and can be used as a guide for determining how the changes will affect it. As a rule of thumb, a lower roll centre will give more roll, and hence more grip, but slower reaction.

Roll centre moves as the car rolls (dynamicaly)... and thats way to complex for me to calculate!

HiH
Ed
Sounds good . But umm... How should I corrilate the static roll center with what im more concerned about . camber gain! is -4 in the rear what u get with stock 416we settings? no axel shim and kit comes with 4mm adapters.
-1.88 in front. on the guages im getting similar camber gain readings but twice the static value . I'm missing something here.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #4300
Tech Regular
 
Rommel's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Now Available!

"Custom Cut Urethane Chassis Protector" for the TRF416 #49495.


Last edited by Rommel; 02-04-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #4301
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Sounds good . But umm... How should I corrilate the static roll center with what im more concerned about . camber gain! is -4 in the rear what u get with stock 416we settings? no axel shim and kit comes with 4mm adapters.
-1.88 in front. on the guages im getting similar camber gain readings but twice the static value . I'm missing something here.
the static rc is a reference point, it's where the centrifugal force is applied when the car rolls. -1.88 means it's 1.88mm below the centre of rotation, so the centrifugal force has little leverage on the car compared with the rear which has more than twice the leverage at -4mm i.e. the rear will roll more and should grip accordingly.

Put another way, I don't believe the static RC height has a direct impact on camber gain, but rather you can achieve the same RC while altering the camber gain via the upper arm lengths
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #4302
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
the static rc is a reference point, it's where the centrifugal force is applied when the car rolls. -1.88 means it's 1.88mm below the centre of rotation, so the centrifugal force has little leverage on the car compared with the rear which has more than twice the leverage at -4mm i.e. the rear will roll more and should grip accordingly.

Put another way, I don't believe the static RC height has a direct impact on camber gain, but rather you can achieve the same RC while altering the camber gain via the upper arm lengths
I had spent an hour or so playing with #'s here and there.
Confusing a bit I'd say as the width of the car changed , so did the Static Roll center . More negative . from wider . then it hit me.
I am going to like this tool . If some one could ascimilate a profile of an upright and some pivot points so one could analize the geometry at work.
That would be outa sight ! line segments would do just fine.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #4303
Tech Addict
 
bigkoitat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

I know this qustion has been answered elsewhere on this thread but I just ordered the 416 WE car and noticed the front swing shaft is aluminum. So I ordered the steel swing shaft, the question I have is what is advantage of the 46 over the 44? The specs on the car showed 44 for the front and rear, and I read in this thread and on Tryhard's site to go with 46's.
__________________
JAWS
TRF-416WE & 416-X / DHW / TEAMRCR.NET
bigkoitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #4304
Tech Master
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,279
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314
Default

Anyone have a 416WE topdeck they want to sell here in the US?

Thanks,
Jimmy
__________________
"PREPARE TO QUALIFY"
g12314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #4305
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12314 View Post
Anyone have a 416WE topdeck they want to sell here in the US?

Thanks,
Jimmy
NO, but there is a company in Finland selling one they make themselves. If you look back in this thread you will find it. They have great service and fast delivery.



...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net