R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #4246
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12314 View Post
An experiment I'd love to hear the results of . Started with a TC3, then to an EVO III, then EVO IV before finally moving to Belts. I really like the 416, but the EVO V MS is always in the back of my head to purchase and compare now that brushless 17.5 racing is the norm around these parts.

Jimmy
yah i dont race any mod so no real need to stay with the 416. dont get me wrong. its the best 41x car ive driven. fits my style real well. just want to try the evoVMS since it has evolved with the 416 steering and easier spur gear access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joech View Post
I have an original 416 and just change to short arms and everything remain stock and wondering how it would handle without changing any of the toe block. I want to get an idea if I should go get the 416WC and sell my 3 race old 416.

Thanks.
why not invest in the top deck..and you'll be near 416WCE spec already. top deck is only $20 or so?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #4247
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
why not invest in the top deck..and you'll be near 416WCE spec already. top deck is only $20 or so?
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Haven't seen many advantages yet. Here's what is new with the WE...where's the advantage?

* The carbon lower deck comes in the same thickness but has a new battery position. I use lipos..doesn't matter where the holes are.

* The carbon upper deck is integrated with the rear upper brace for improved flexibility. This I'll buy separately

* The new motor mount also features redesigned sections and can provide excellent support to high spec motors. The fastest motor I run is 10.5...not sure if this will matter

* The large sized urethane bumper closes the gap between the chassis and body reducing battering. I glue foam pieces on the bumper to get the body to fit perfect

* New front and rear drive belts. Installed

* Short reversible suspension arms with reversed suspension mounts. Installed

* Front Direct Cup Installed

* Teflon sealed ball bearings. Aftermarket bearings installed

* High Lubrication Dampers. Installed
__________________
Steve Sohl

Last edited by sohlman; 01-30-2009 at 12:36 PM.
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #4248
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
staying put. im getting an evoV MS
Oh you suck! I wanna try out an Evo V MS! Anyone wanna trade an Evo V MS for a 416??? haha.

I still have my Evo IV/MS. But it tweaks too easy. Most of the racing I'll be doing locally will be either 17.5 or 13.5. I just love Tamiya shaft cars. Hmmm might have to go the TB03 route. But I don't wanna spend any more money on RC cars. Sucks...... jerk! j/k
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #4249
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Oh you suck! I wanna try out an Evo V MS! Anyone wanna trade an Evo V MS for a 416??? haha.

I still have my Evo IV/MS. But it tweaks too easy. Most of the racing I'll be doing locally will be either 17.5 or 13.5. I just love Tamiya shaft cars. Hmmm might have to go the TB03 route. But I don't wanna spend any more money on RC cars. Sucks...... jerk! j/k
the TB-03 is the SOLE reason im going to the evoVMS. with the evoVMS.. you have the revised bulkhead that came in the evoIV MS... 416 steering.. easy access spur gear. what else can i ask for?

and yup.. i only race 13.5 and 17.5 ill let you guys know once i get mine.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #4250
AWK
Tech Fanatic
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

How are you getting that? The guy who is helping you get that must be AWESOME.
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #4251
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKing View Post
How are you getting that? The guy who is helping you get that must be AWESOME.
yup he is...... you gotta know POWERFUL PEOPLE in powerful places.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #4252
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,536
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

i know it is the 416 section but there is more traffic in this section. i have a question on the 415 mxs. on the front camber link. the inner stud holes. what does each of the holes do?? i have had them in the #2 hole per setup sheet. what will change( in handling ) if i would move to the #3 or forward most hole. thanks jeremy
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 AM   #4253
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

That shaft drive car .. I hope they fixxed the driveline issues . It was trrrible trying to keep a drive shaft alligned and also keeping a front diff in it was a major pain in the you know what . Like I said, I hope they fixxed it!
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #4254
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 548
Default European Indoor Championship

We have the European Indoor Championship ongoing this weekend. TQ is Jilles with the 416 .

Here is the top 10 after qualifying:

1 27 GROSKAMP JILLES [NL]
2 28 HAGBERG ALEXANDER [S]
3 59 RHEINARD MARC [DE]
4 50 MOORE ANDY [UK]
5 77 WEISS STEVEN [DE]
6 80 WILCK VICTOR [S]
7 61 RONALD VOLKER [DE]
8 30 HARPER ELLIOT [UK]
9 40 LEINO TEEMU [SF]
10 19 FISCHER MARC [DE]

Finals tomorrow. See www.euroindoorrace.eu/euro.htm

...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #4255
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,167
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
We have the European Indoor Championship ongoing this weekend. TQ is Jilles with the 416 .

Here is the top 10 after qualifying:

1 27 GROSKAMP JILLES [NL]
2 28 HAGBERG ALEXANDER [S]
3 59 RHEINARD MARC [DE]
4 50 MOORE ANDY [UK]
5 77 WEISS STEVEN [DE]
6 80 WILCK VICTOR [S]
7 61 RONALD VOLKER [DE]
8 30 HARPER ELLIOT [UK]
9 40 LEINO TEEMU [SF]
10 19 FISCHER MARC [DE]

Finals tomorrow. See www.euroindoorrace.eu/euro.htm

...
Thanks report !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #4256
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert View Post
We have the European Indoor Championship ongoing this weekend. TQ is Jilles with the 416 .

Here is the top 10 after qualifying:

1 27 GROSKAMP JILLES [NL]
2 28 HAGBERG ALEXANDER [S]
3 59 RHEINARD MARC [DE]
4 50 MOORE ANDY [UK]
5 77 WEISS STEVEN [DE]
6 80 WILCK VICTOR [S]
7 61 RONALD VOLKER [DE]
8 30 HARPER ELLIOT [UK]
9 40 LEINO TEEMU [SF]
10 19 FISCHER MARC [DE]

Finals tomorrow. See www.euroindoorrace.eu/euro.htm

...
Thanks for the report but how can Elliott Harper be their , he has school doesnt he or is he missing the school ?
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #4257
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,128
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

......school? What's that..... one day ain't going to hurt
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:32 PM   #4258
Tech Addict
 
cyclone speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Godwin View Post
......school? What's that..... one day ain't going to hurt
LOL , i would love to race as often as him and even miss school sometimes , lol
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #4259
Tech Addict
 
JamesReilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: My Lab
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Haven't seen many advantages yet. Here's what is new with the WE...where's the advantage?

* The carbon lower deck comes in the same thickness but has a new battery position. I use lipos..doesn't matter where the holes are.

* The carbon upper deck is integrated with the rear upper brace for improved flexibility. This I'll buy separately

* The new motor mount also features redesigned sections and can provide excellent support to high spec motors. The fastest motor I run is 10.5...not sure if this will matter

* The large sized urethane bumper closes the gap between the chassis and body reducing battering. I glue foam pieces on the bumper to get the body to fit perfect

* New front and rear drive belts. Installed

* Short reversible suspension arms with reversed suspension mounts. Installed

* Front Direct Cup Installed

* Teflon sealed ball bearings. Aftermarket bearings installed

* High Lubrication Dampers. Installed

you forgot the most important part:

* Skilled driver. I'll buy separately



J/K

__________________
Reilly Paint ([email protected])
JamesReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #4260
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,673
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Nice to see a few 416's in the top 10... Alex Hagberg has seriously stepped it up in the last year though, impressive.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net