R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 AM   #4006
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
I just wondering if anybody can tell me is there any front differential part for TRF 416? What is the part number for it? Thanks
Same as rear diff.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #4007
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Same as rear diff.
Thanks
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #4008
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
So over all, how much stuff has broken? I mean, thats it. Or have you broken casters, and knuckles here and there?
The only thing I have had to replace on the car was a bent screw. I did get the car second hand though and didn't think about the other parts being replaced already. I know I have put the car through a serious torture test and it is very tough.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #4009
Tech Regular

I am thinking of getting the 416 and would like to know which kit I should get the 416 reg or the 416 world kit and what is the largest lipo pack can be use in either kit, do I need any other hopup for these kits or it is fine as is any info would be appreciated.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #4010
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

I would suggest the 416WE, it has all the optional parts that people are running on thier original 416. I have been running the SMC 5000 28c pack, and it fits right in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
I am thinking of getting the 416 and would like to know which kit I should get the 416 reg or the 416 world kit and what is the largest lipo pack can be use in either kit, do I need any other hopup for these kits or it is fine as is any info would be appreciated.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #4011
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras View Post
an SMC 5000 lightning volts is going to be the fastest thing u can put in there .. but the deans connector sucks..
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #4012
Tech Regular

Thank you guys.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #4013
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
He made me a deal that I couldn't pass up. Basically he made my mind up for me
First Orion, now Tamiya... you stalking me?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #4014
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
A friend of mine got a 416WE, on the very first drive he broke the front plastic drive cup from the stock solid diff without hitting anything. Does tamiya or any other company has an upgrade for this? At the moment he's opted to get a normal diff up front which has aluminium drive cup.
That seriously seems like a fluke... I have chipped the outer edge of one when I bent an aluminum bone on a hard hit, but I haven't been able to brake one of the plastic cups. As of this time nobody I know of has an upgrade for the stock one, I would suggest he put a new outdrive on it and try again, with the aluminum outer sleeve it should be extremely durable.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #4015
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
an SMC 5000 lightning volts is going to be the fastest thing u can put in there .. but the deans connector sucks..
Any suggestion on which connector is good or better that deans? All my packs are deans and i m thinking of trying the Traxxas connector. By the way is intellect 3800 35C a good battery?
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #4016
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
That seriously seems like a fluke... I have chipped the outer edge of one when I bent an aluminum bone on a hard hit, but I haven't been able to brake one of the plastic cups. As of this time nobody I know of has an upgrade for the stock one, I would suggest he put a new outdrive on it and try again, with the aluminum outer sleeve it should be extremely durable.
Thanks for the advice. Will this fit? http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-evo...th=595_744_710
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #4017
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriftu View Post
Adam,
how do you remove the shoo goo? What solvent you use or u just yank them out?
In the past, I've been able to just peel them off with some force. The shoo goo can be removed from the case by hand. It does tend to discolor the plastic a bit. The trick is to try and not bend your weights so you can reuse them down the road.

Lots of activity in this thread lately. It's good to see more interest in this car stateside. Perhaps other hobby shops will start stocking more parts. I mentioned to Stormer that I'd love to buy parts from them, and they said they've been considering carrying 416 stuff, so we'll see.
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #4018
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
In the past, I've been able to just peel them off with some force. The shoo goo can be removed from the case by hand. It does tend to discolor the plastic a bit. The trick is to try and not bend your weights so you can reuse them down the road.

Lots of activity in this thread lately. It's good to see more interest in this car stateside. Perhaps other hobby shops will start stocking more parts. I mentioned to Stormer that I'd love to buy parts from them, and they said they've been considering carrying 416 stuff, so we'll see.
I hope they do, I would probably get all my parts from there.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #4019
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
First Orion, now Tamiya... you stalking me?
It looks that way huh Orion sponsors me so I followed you there but Tamiya hasn't shown any love I had BMI too but after I left Schumacher and he stopped doing TC stuff it went away Maybe I'll lock my keys in my car with it running and complete my Caster transformation
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #4020
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
A friend of mine got a 416WE, on the very first drive he broke the front plastic drive cup from the stock solid diff without hitting anything. Does tamiya or any other company has an upgrade for this? At the moment he's opted to get a normal diff up front which has aluminium drive cup.
Make sure that the 44mm driveshafts are in the front or the spool outdrives will break in notime.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote