R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #3421
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Ummm , doesnt my 416 have 11x5 bearings in it .. i like them.. tougher!!
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #3422
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
The thing I don't get is why it doesn't come with new rear uprights!!! The 1050 bearings won't work without new rear uprights. Or maybe they forgot to put them in the picture...
actually, there not in the picture I brought one of thoose sets recently, simply brilliant to pick up all the parts for the short arms, and spares for the 416, not bad for 30odd
Only need to buy the correct dogbones (ideally 44mm front, 42mm rear), and your all set for a complete spare set of suspension

And John, the 416 has 1050 bearings, the (original) 415 had the 1150's.

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #3423
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
The thing I don't get is why it doesn't come with new rear uprights!!! The 1050 bearings won't work without new rear uprights. Or maybe they forgot to put them in the picture...

The TA05&TA05-IFS reversible suspension set comes with 1050 bearings an 1050 uprights front & rear!
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:14 PM   #3424
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Actually the 416 does have 10x5 bearings .. but the older ones dont have 11x5 , they are 9x5. I knew the newer ones were bigger. The 05 i have is an older one but the castor blocks and steering blocks are diferent than my 416. I'd like to know if the indentation is in the top of the castor blicks like my 416 and not like my 05. And since the axels are different lengths and as well as the drive shafts I think I will just wait till i can get the arms sepperate. but thanks 4 the info.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #3425
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
actually, there not in the picture I brought one of thoose sets recently, simply brilliant to pick up all the parts for the short arms, and spares for the 416, not bad for 30odd
Only need to buy the correct dogbones (ideally 44mm front, 42mm rear), and your all set for a complete spare set of suspension

And John, the 416 has 1050 bearings, the (original) 415 had the 1150's.

Ed
Well that's another thing that bugs me about this hop-up. You couldn't simply bolt it on a car like the TA05R or MSXXxx... as you would either have suspension blocks that are too narrow, or axles that are too long.

Is the newer axle physically longer or something? Why the switch to 44mm driveshafts on the 416 (from 46mm on MSXXxx..) with the same control arms?

It sure is a convient way to buy the updated/416 parts though...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #3426
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

actually john to be pedantic.. the very first 415 (TAM58320) came with the 414/TA04 style suspension, which did have the 1150 bearings, which is what I was refering to in my post

All the cars from the MS (TAM49349) onwards with the Lwt reversible suspension had the 950's.

The castor blocks etc are all the same as on the 416, 05IFS-R and TB03. All the different suspension types can get confusing...

TRF414 (and derivatives), TRF415, TA04, TBEvo3, TA05 - 1150 bearings, non reversable arms

TRF415 (MS, MSX, MRE, MSXX & MSXX MRE07), TBEvo4 (& MS), TA05 R & MS - LWT reversible, 950 bearings
TA05 IFS - LWT reversible, 950 bearings, but with 416 style castor blocks
TBEvo5 - Short LWT reversible, 950 bearings

TRF416 - LWT reversible, 1050 bearings
TRF416WE, TA05 IFS-R, TB03 IFS, TBEvo5MS - Short LWT reversible, 1050 bearings

The only thing you need with the suspension set is dogbones, which given the myraid of options in the tamiya world (48mm, 46mm, 44mm, 42mm) to suit different cars (such as the TA05, TB03, 415, 416, evo5 etc) is probably a wise idea. Nothing else is needed.
I only suggest running the 42's on the rear to avoid any chance of the blade hitting the diff nut, otherwise you can stick with the 44's and just clear.

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #3427
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
Well that's another thing that bugs me about this hop-up. You couldn't simply bolt it on a car like the TA05R or MSXXxx... as you would either have suspension blocks that are too narrow, or axles that are too long.

Is the newer axle physically longer or something? Why the switch to 44mm driveshafts on the 416 (from 46mm on MSXXxx..) with the same control arms?

It sure is a convient way to buy the updated/416 parts though...
Bigger bearings in the hubs mean longer wheel axle means the dogbone has to be shorter.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 PM   #3428
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

I have to agree. It's a good idea to keep blades away from your nuts.
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #3429
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Default

I just ordered my 416 WE at muchhobby.com at $450
I hope I can receive it before this weekend and start building it.
Can't wait to see it real
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #3430
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Bay
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Tryhard,

you are truely the tamiya guru around here. Thanks for all your posts. your kind sharing of info continues to be very helpful and appreciated.

Cheerz


Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
actually john to be pedantic.. the very first 415 (TAM58320) came with the 414/TA04 style suspension, which did have the 1150 bearings, which is what I was refering to in my post

All the cars from the MS (TAM49349) onwards with the Lwt reversible suspension had the 950's.

The castor blocks etc are all the same as on the 416, 05IFS-R and TB03. All the different suspension types can get confusing...

TRF414 (and derivatives), TRF415, TA04, TBEvo3, TA05 - 1150 bearings, non reversable arms

TRF415 (MS, MSX, MRE, MSXX & MSXX MRE07), TBEvo4 (& MS), TA05 R & MS - LWT reversible, 950 bearings
TA05 IFS - LWT reversible, 950 bearings, but with 416 style castor blocks
TBEvo5 - Short LWT reversible, 950 bearings

TRF416 - LWT reversible, 1050 bearings
TRF416WE, TA05 IFS-R, TB03 IFS, TBEvo5MS - Short LWT reversible, 1050 bearings

The only thing you need with the suspension set is dogbones, which given the myraid of options in the tamiya world (48mm, 46mm, 44mm, 42mm) to suit different cars (such as the TA05, TB03, 415, 416, evo5 etc) is probably a wise idea. Nothing else is needed.
I only suggest running the 42's on the rear to avoid any chance of the blade hitting the diff nut, otherwise you can stick with the 44's and just clear.

Ed
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #3431
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Tryhard,

you are truely the tamiya guru around here. Thanks for all your posts. your kind sharing of info continues to be very helpful and appreciated.

Cheerz
+1 Ed > Chuck Norris
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:30 AM   #3432
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,167
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Servo Horn
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-ta-54121.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #3433
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

The top deck looks like it would block the plugs on lipo batteries like the Orion. Is that the case? Do you have to hang the battery off the side to get it to work?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #3434
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 224
Default

DOES TAMIYA HAVE A TOURING CAR SPRING THATS AROUND 25# RATING??
ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS..
motorhead68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #3435
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,167
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

WC around next week arrive !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net