Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X >

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The K factiry shocks are almost exactly the same as the "Black Shocks"
except for the piston is held square with a washer under the piston.. and a nylock nut on top. Instead of the typical "E" clip design. oh yeah, and a bleader hole in the cap. Other than that, I can't imagine what else they would change. As far as the one piece top deck.. makes no difference to me. Just get a 416 and smoke the x-rays off the track! I wish they had a billet rear upright in tamiya blue of course.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:52 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TRF416WE (#42138) will include the following changes:
  • New Carbon Lower Deck
  • New Carbon Upper Deck
  • High Liubrication (HL) Dampers
  • New Motor Mount
  • Short Suspension Arms
  • New Front and Rear Belts
  • Front Spool
  • Teflon Sealed Bearings
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

I would be interested in seeing these .. "High Lubrication" dampers.
And the differences in the chassis ,,,
As far as the front end, I Use the D/D setup with no spacers behind the wheel. 189 mm wide front end and yes.. a narower rear end .. but only 1 mm difference. Shimming behind the wheel isnt a great idea but a fast solution to a track (stability) problem. Hardly noticible to the casual racer. All the spacers do is make it easier to strip out the hex inside the wheel. E-alo ley _ulah.... wider is better! No matter what length your arms are . Im telling you all its just a roll center thing .. nothing else.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

does anyone know what chassis comes with the 416we 2.25 or 2.50
Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
As far as the front end, I Use the D/D setup with no spacers behind the wheel. 189 mm wide front end and yes.. a narower rear end .. but only 1 mm difference. Shimming behind the wheel isnt a great idea but a fast solution to a track (stability) problem. Hardly noticible to the casual racer. All the spacers do is make it easier to strip out the hex inside the wheel. E-alo ley _ulah.... wider is better! No matter what length your arms are . Im telling you all its just a roll center thing .. nothing else.
I use the 5mm blue aluminium hubs rather than the wheel spacers.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I wouldnt say it's a bad idea, but it is for fine tuning e.g. XA/E with 1mm of spacing (2x0.5) will give you less rear grip than X/F with no spacing despite the track width and toe being identical, because the shorter arm lengths (upper and lower) affect the camber rise and the rate of RC change as the suspension compresses. FYI I've never stripped a wheel hex, but I run 10.5 rather than mod and only on rubber

Originally Posted by savo
does anyone know what chassis comes with the 416we 2.25 or 2.50
I would guess 2.25 given they are going for more flex with the 1pc top deck. not sure what the difference is then, maybe they've repositioned the battery slots for better weight distribution

I'm guessing it still comes with the aluminium steering brace. Thats a bit funny. Whatever, apart from the motor mount and teflon bearings (which i wouldnt use anyway) my car is world spec. Speaking of which, I'll be doing some more testing with my v-dezign top deck tonight and giving the CF steering brace it's first go
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Some one somewhere .. you will get the PIT manuver and a wheel nut will back off a bit .. it will happen. its happened to me twice.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Some one somewhere .. you will get the PIT manuver and a wheel nut will back off a bit .. it will happen. its happened to me twice.
I lost a wheel nut in practice once, but I think I forgot to tighten it. Pretty funny because it was on novice night at our club and I was supposed to be mentoring people

I'm racing tonight so will get to test the v-dezign 1pc deck a bit more, this time using the CF steering brace. Will report back tomorrow but I might have an updated setup for people to try if all goes well
Old 11-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Just got an email from RC Champ...

"We would like to let you know we've decided our price for the TRF416 World Edition chassis kit. Our price is 42980Yen. But unfortunately exact releasing date is not announced from Tamiya yet."
Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 AM
AWK
Tech Master

The high lubrication dampers will be sold as just the damper cylinder and feature a special coating on them. They will appear more of a copper/bronze color.

The chassis has moved the battery position forward to get some of the twitch out of the car, and the upper deck is one piece. The thickness of both chassis plates remains the same. Visually, it will be hard to notice any difference unless comparing to the regular chassis.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

anyone know where I can get some of the square 2 hole pistons? I checked rcmarket, rcmart, rc-mushroom, and rcmodel, only rcmodel has them listed but didn't have any stock
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

How are the square ones different to the Tamiya 2 hole?

Did you guys try the extra ackerman on tuesday night?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Besercoe
How are the square ones different to the Tamiya 2 hole?

Did you guys try the extra ackerman on tuesday night?
Vinny gave it a go, I was too busy crashing into shit. I didnt hear how he found it but he was quick, he always is tho so its hard to tell

The square ones have 1.2mm holes... I guess I could drill out the tamiya ones, from memory the kit only came with white 3 holes, were there 2 hole or are they available seperately?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

why don't you check out the website (www.rc-square.de)? I have them in stock in my onlineshop (sakaguchinetshop). In Japan they are also in stock.

The 2 hole pistons are especially on carpet more constant to drive than the tamiya 3 hole ones. In summary your best time will be a bit slower, on the other side your hole run will be quicker.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

yes, tamiya also have 2 hole pistons, but i have no idea hod big the holes are, i vaguely remember 0.9mm holes for all tamiya pistons.

I have never tried anything apart from the std 2 and 3 hole pistons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.