Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is anyone able to source setups from the euros? our state titles are on a really similar size/layout and I wouldnt mind seeing if they were doing anything different to usual
Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Saw Marc Rheinard take Top Honors in the A-main of rubber/mod/sedan yesterday at the IIC. 416's placed 1st & 3rd. Go Tamiya!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
I've been using a few strips of double-stick tape on the chassis, under the battery, then tape it down. It holds well.
I just bought a LiPo tray for $40 from feralbatteries.com. Holds the LiPo out a little from the chassis, and has sides on it which will stop the battery from moving or coming out in a crash.

Just perfect!

Ben

Last edited by auzzy_mate; 09-01-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Martin Crisp,

Would you mind posting the setup you ended up with in 13.5 at IIC? Your car looked great in the main.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Is anyone able to source setups from the euros? our state titles are on a really similar size/layout and I wouldnt mind seeing if they were doing anything different to usual

dont know how well your French is
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...miyaTRF416.htm
Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Martin Crisp,

Would you mind posting the setup you ended up with in 13.5 at IIC? Your car looked great in the main.
how'd YOUR car work?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone had problems with the diffs coming undone ??

If so how did you get round it?

Cheers
Old 09-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

replace the diff nut or put a thin layer of thread lock on the diff screw
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

can someone tell me if these are the same HPI springs the pros are using?

silver
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-pro...th=595_737_540

blue
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-pro...th=595_737_540
Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Lord

Default 2.5mm lower deck

has anyone tried this on asphalt?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Yep those are the springs everyone uses. They feel a little more progressive than a tamiya spring. At reedy this was the choice spring for almost all the tamiya team, unfortuantely david bought the last set before I could It seems this spring was allowing them to get the most out of the tire with no traction additive. When I got home i tried them compared to the tamiya spring, and was pleasantly surprised with how balanced the car was. Any other time I have tried the same spring all around balance was compromised and it was not fun to drive. I would slot these in between a white/blue(Tamiya) such as a Tamiya silver(TA05) but more progressive. I would have liked to try this with steves car at the TCS north american finals but as we all know that isnt allowed. Keep in mind this may work in low grip but most likely not once it gets high.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
Yep those are the springs everyone uses. They feel a little more progressive than a tamiya spring. At reedy this was the choice spring for almost all the tamiya team, unfortuantely david bought the last set before I could It seems this spring was allowing them to get the most out of the tire with no traction additive. When I got home i tried them compared to the tamiya spring, and was pleasantly surprised with how balanced the car was. Any other time I have tried the same spring all around balance was compromised and it was not fun to drive. I would slot these in between a white/blue(Tamiya) such as a Tamiya silver(TA05) but more progressive. I would have liked to try this with steves car at the TCS north american finals but as we all know that isnt allowed. Keep in mind this may work in low grip but most likely not once it gets high.
Corey, steve's car was dialed man. no wonder.. you were wrenching on it!!!

let me know next time your in cali..we'll go to shabu shabu again like we did during the 07 Reedy race.

- Chris
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Hebiki
how'd YOUR car work?
It scrubbed a lot of speed. I don't know what combination it was of driver/setup, but other people were clearly faster. I used a variation of Jilles DHI setup, but it didn't seem like the right choice for the slower classes w/one-way. I think I need to reevaluate my approach to car setup for these slower classes. I'd really like to see what Brian Lutz came up with as well, his car seemed to come alive in the main.

I ended up in neverland in 13.5, and 4th overall in 17.5 amateur. The car was much happier in 17.5, and the speeds a bit more manageable for my level. I guess that's decent for my first big race. I have a lot to work on, though.

I was at the same table as the TRF team, and watched them work from a distance. It was a real treat to see how well they operated, and tried new things. Marc's car was absolutely phenomenal in the main. I expected a closer run after Paul TQ'd the class, but whatever they did overnight (I hear they built a new kit), it really worked. If not for a bobble, Marc would have checked out by several seconds over Viktor and Paul.

They made a lot of progress with the car on foams (using LiPo!) over the course of the weekend, but all broke in the main. Paul was untouchable, though, so I don't think it would have mattered. Still, most of them out qualified US drivers that seem to specialize in foam, and use purpose-built cars for that class. I thought what they did there was very impressive as well.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It scrubbed a lot of speed. I don't know what combination it was of driver/setup, but other people were clearly faster. I used a variation of Jilles DHI setup, but it didn't seem like the right choice for the slower classes w/one-way. I think I need to reevaluate my approach to car setup for these slower classes. I'd really like to see what Brian Lutz came up with as well, his car seemed to come alive in the main.

I ended up in neverland in 13.5, and 4th overall in 17.5 amateur. The car was much happier in 17.5, and the speeds a bit more manageable for my level. I guess that's decent for my first big race. I have a lot to work on, though.

I was at the same table as the TRF team, and watched them work from a distance. It was a real treat to see how well they operated, and tried new things. Marc's car was absolutely phenomenal in the main. I expected a closer run after Paul TQ'd the class, but whatever they did overnight (I hear they built a new kit), it really worked. If not for a bobble, Marc would have checked out by several seconds over Viktor and Paul.

They made a lot of progress with the car on foams (using LiPo!) over the course of the weekend, but all broke in the main. Paul was untouchable, though, so I don't think it would have mattered. Still, most of them out qualified US drivers that seem to specialize in foam, and use purpose-built cars for that class. I thought what they did there was very impressive as well.
that is something i definitely want to see... TRF coming to work together. who cares about foam? IFMAR Championship is on rubber but it is good to see Tamiya catering to the foam crowd.

hopefully i can attend the REEDY race and see TRF in action.

cant wait to race again. try the new 2.5mm lower deck with my the PPD lipo tray.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Hebiki
that is something i definitely want to see... TRF coming to work together. who cares about foam? IFMAR Championship is on rubber but it is good to see Tamiya catering to the foam crowd.

hopefully i can attend the REEDY race and see TRF in action.

cant wait to race again. try the new 2.5mm lower deck with my the PPD lipo tray.
What tray and what battery are you using? The SMC 5000's don't seem to have any extra clearance, so I'm not sure anything would work underneath them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.