R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #2791
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone able to source setups from the euros? our state titles are on a really similar size/layout and I wouldnt mind seeing if they were doing anything different to usual
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #2792
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Saw Marc Rheinard take Top Honors in the A-main of rubber/mod/sedan yesterday at the IIC. 416's placed 1st & 3rd. Go Tamiya!!!
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 AM   #2793
Tech Addict
 
auzzy_mate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MIA Awesome Mansion
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
I've been using a few strips of double-stick tape on the chassis, under the battery, then tape it down. It holds well.
I just bought a LiPo tray for $40 from feralbatteries.com. Holds the LiPo out a little from the chassis, and has sides on it which will stop the battery from moving or coming out in a crash.

Just perfect!

Ben

Last edited by auzzy_mate; 09-01-2008 at 01:54 AM.
auzzy_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #2794
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Martin Crisp,

Would you mind posting the setup you ended up with in 13.5 at IIC? Your car looked great in the main.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:25 AM   #2795
Tech Adept
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Is anyone able to source setups from the euros? our state titles are on a really similar size/layout and I wouldnt mind seeing if they were doing anything different to usual

dont know how well your French is
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...miyaTRF416.htm
habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #2796
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Martin Crisp,

Would you mind posting the setup you ended up with in 13.5 at IIC? Your car looked great in the main.
how'd YOUR car work?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #2797
Tech Adept
 
Jamesalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 185
Default

Has anyone had problems with the diffs coming undone ??

If so how did you get round it?

Cheers
Jamesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #2798
Tech Master
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,092
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

replace the diff nut or put a thin layer of thread lock on the diff screw
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #2799
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

can someone tell me if these are the same HPI springs the pros are using?

silver
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-pro...th=595_737_540

blue
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-pro...th=595_737_540
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #2800
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default 2.5mm lower deck

has anyone tried this on asphalt?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #2801
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 86
Default re

Yep those are the springs everyone uses. They feel a little more progressive than a tamiya spring. At reedy this was the choice spring for almost all the tamiya team, unfortuantely david bought the last set before I could It seems this spring was allowing them to get the most out of the tire with no traction additive. When I got home i tried them compared to the tamiya spring, and was pleasantly surprised with how balanced the car was. Any other time I have tried the same spring all around balance was compromised and it was not fun to drive. I would slot these in between a white/blue(Tamiya) such as a Tamiya silver(TA05) but more progressive. I would have liked to try this with steves car at the TCS north american finals but as we all know that isnt allowed. Keep in mind this may work in low grip but most likely not once it gets high.
__________________
Corey "Whitey" Whiteman

TAMIYA- www.tamiya.ca
LRP- www.lrp-electronic.de
Reedy batteries
Protoform- www.pro-lineracing.com
Parma- www.parmapse.com
APS racing- www.aps-racing.net
www.muchhobby.com
TRFwhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #2802
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFwhitey View Post
Yep those are the springs everyone uses. They feel a little more progressive than a tamiya spring. At reedy this was the choice spring for almost all the tamiya team, unfortuantely david bought the last set before I could It seems this spring was allowing them to get the most out of the tire with no traction additive. When I got home i tried them compared to the tamiya spring, and was pleasantly surprised with how balanced the car was. Any other time I have tried the same spring all around balance was compromised and it was not fun to drive. I would slot these in between a white/blue(Tamiya) such as a Tamiya silver(TA05) but more progressive. I would have liked to try this with steves car at the TCS north american finals but as we all know that isnt allowed. Keep in mind this may work in low grip but most likely not once it gets high.
Corey, steve's car was dialed man. no wonder.. you were wrenching on it!!!

let me know next time your in cali..we'll go to shabu shabu again like we did during the 07 Reedy race.

- Chris
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #2803
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
how'd YOUR car work?
It scrubbed a lot of speed. I don't know what combination it was of driver/setup, but other people were clearly faster. I used a variation of Jilles DHI setup, but it didn't seem like the right choice for the slower classes w/one-way. I think I need to reevaluate my approach to car setup for these slower classes. I'd really like to see what Brian Lutz came up with as well, his car seemed to come alive in the main.

I ended up in neverland in 13.5, and 4th overall in 17.5 amateur. The car was much happier in 17.5, and the speeds a bit more manageable for my level. I guess that's decent for my first big race. I have a lot to work on, though.

I was at the same table as the TRF team, and watched them work from a distance. It was a real treat to see how well they operated, and tried new things. Marc's car was absolutely phenomenal in the main. I expected a closer run after Paul TQ'd the class, but whatever they did overnight (I hear they built a new kit), it really worked. If not for a bobble, Marc would have checked out by several seconds over Viktor and Paul.

They made a lot of progress with the car on foams (using LiPo!) over the course of the weekend, but all broke in the main. Paul was untouchable, though, so I don't think it would have mattered. Still, most of them out qualified US drivers that seem to specialize in foam, and use purpose-built cars for that class. I thought what they did there was very impressive as well.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #2804
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
It scrubbed a lot of speed. I don't know what combination it was of driver/setup, but other people were clearly faster. I used a variation of Jilles DHI setup, but it didn't seem like the right choice for the slower classes w/one-way. I think I need to reevaluate my approach to car setup for these slower classes. I'd really like to see what Brian Lutz came up with as well, his car seemed to come alive in the main.

I ended up in neverland in 13.5, and 4th overall in 17.5 amateur. The car was much happier in 17.5, and the speeds a bit more manageable for my level. I guess that's decent for my first big race. I have a lot to work on, though.

I was at the same table as the TRF team, and watched them work from a distance. It was a real treat to see how well they operated, and tried new things. Marc's car was absolutely phenomenal in the main. I expected a closer run after Paul TQ'd the class, but whatever they did overnight (I hear they built a new kit), it really worked. If not for a bobble, Marc would have checked out by several seconds over Viktor and Paul.

They made a lot of progress with the car on foams (using LiPo!) over the course of the weekend, but all broke in the main. Paul was untouchable, though, so I don't think it would have mattered. Still, most of them out qualified US drivers that seem to specialize in foam, and use purpose-built cars for that class. I thought what they did there was very impressive as well.
that is something i definitely want to see... TRF coming to work together. who cares about foam? IFMAR Championship is on rubber but it is good to see Tamiya catering to the foam crowd.

hopefully i can attend the REEDY race and see TRF in action.

cant wait to race again. try the new 2.5mm lower deck with my the PPD lipo tray.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #2805
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
that is something i definitely want to see... TRF coming to work together. who cares about foam? IFMAR Championship is on rubber but it is good to see Tamiya catering to the foam crowd.

hopefully i can attend the REEDY race and see TRF in action.

cant wait to race again. try the new 2.5mm lower deck with my the PPD lipo tray.
What tray and what battery are you using? The SMC 5000's don't seem to have any extra clearance, so I'm not sure anything would work underneath them.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
rccartips
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net