Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Old 07-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Done
Old 07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

hi everyone,i write from italy and I am in posses of a trf416,i would like to know something useful about,i run on asphalt.I noticed that the front suspension are more soft than the rear also with the same springs,i use the white one,what can i put on??i haven't yet tried the roll bars,in what way can they help me.now my car has a bit of understeer that in the exit it became oversteer.thank you.bye
Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleo
hi everyone,i write from italy and I am in posses of a trf416,i would like to know something useful about,i run on asphalt.I noticed that the front suspension are more soft than the rear also with the same springs,i use the white one,what can i put on??i haven't yet tried the roll bars,in what way can they help me.now my car has a bit of understeer that in the exit it became oversteer.thank you.bye
The front feels softer than the rear because of the angle of the shocks and their mounting points on the arm. Without knowing how your car is currently set up it's hard to say what would help. I would suggest copying one of the asphalt setups (I posted one a page back) and going from there

oh and the roll bars keep your car flat as it corners allowing you to carry more corner speed. By adding the front roll bar you'll increase initial steering but lose steering throughout the remainder of the corner, so it could help with your problem
Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

@ the moment some TRF416 Kits arrived germany. For example ackermann-modellbau (near the Nurburgring - famous 1:1 racetrack) has some in stock.

The new Ti-Turnbuckles (Blue) will be available end of august.

Now I have to get to Andernach again for the HPI German Championship held this weekend. We will race on Vtec30R tires. I think the setup will be same as on the last ETS race.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sakaguchinet
Hello,

@ the moment some TRF416 Kits arrived germany. For example ackermann-modellbau (near the Nurburgring - famous 1:1 racetrack) has some in stock.

The new Ti-Turnbuckles (Blue) will be available end of august.

Now I have to get to Andernach again for the HPI German Championship held this weekend. We will race on Vtec30R tires. I think the setup will be same as on the last ETS race.
Hey Dai,

Interesting news... car isn't discontinued it would seem
I'm certainly going to grab some of the blue Ti turnbuckles, I have a full on blue thing going on at the moment... Even picked up some of the Square 3mm blue lock nuts, just so I can have a blue lock nut on the belt stabiliser!

I do envy the fact you guys on the continent get reasonable support for TRF's... we get nitch, natch, nadda (nothing) over here in the UK. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....

Good luck with the German Championship, I'm sure the car will be fine

Cheers
Ed
Old 07-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Dai,

Can you tell me what kind of oil you are running in the dampers with piston 2 holes?

And can you maybe explain a litle how the handling of the car will change?

Thanks fot the help and good luck in Andernach.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

its not easy to get a good contact to Tamiya, but it´s not impossible. Learn a bit japanese, and everything will go much easier.

At the moment I am running Tamiya Yellow Oil (#400) with the 2hole-1.2mm pistons. It worked great today at the first training day. Also the "don't connect upperdeck to steering rack and let 2mm space inbetween"-modification worked fine. The track isn't sugared yet, but the grip is quite good.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Dai,

Interesting news... car isn't discontinued it would seem
I'm certainly going to grab some of the blue Ti turnbuckles, I have a full on blue thing going on at the moment... Even picked up some of the Square 3mm blue lock nuts, just so I can have a blue lock nut on the belt stabiliser!

I do envy the fact you guys on the continent get reasonable support for TRF's... we get nitch, natch, nadda (nothing) over here in the UK. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....

Good luck with the German Championship, I'm sure the car will be fine

Cheers
Ed
Hi Ed, its nmot just the UK, the Aussie disty will not even order the kits in anymore. Its all got to do with the dual pricing models employed by Tamiya, due to the majority of their sales being in Japan, and the high competition with HPI in Japan, Tamiya discounts the wholesale price, so the end result is that the Overseas Disty pre freight price is only marginally less than the Japan full retail price.

I was actually involved in a conversation with Mr S Tamiya at a trade show with the importer trying to get through to them how serious this issue is, He would not accept the fact that so many people shop over the internet straight to Japan either. It is such a shame that business decisions liek this virtually eliminate the market in countries outside of Japan.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

mine turned up today....lovng all the blue bling!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tire/Insert Set up...

hey 416 drivers....

what tire set ups are you guys using when you race on outdoor/asphalt? curious to see what people are using.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
hey 416 drivers....

what tire set ups are you guys using when you race on outdoor/asphalt? curious to see what people are using.
Outdoors, it's Sorex 32R pre-glues, with Revlite Rims and std insert (Part # XG-32CM) simply as that is the control tyre for the nationals... not a lot of point running on anything else.

Indoors, Vtec 27's or 30's, although new ones are hard to come by, so mine are pretty haggered now!

HiH
Ed
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Angry

THARD...
. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....

Hi mate, sorry didnt know how to do the quote stuff...

i visited the hobby company back in november to pick up some spares before racing abroad, whilst there i had a tour of the place. i had a good chat with the person (Ant shaw) you would hope to see at yeatley (also due to the fact yeatley is an unoffical tamiya meeting there is no way he will be there )..unfortunatly they do not bring the TRF cars into the country as they say by the time they get them Tamiya have moved on with another..also there exact words were we the racers.. are just a very small margin or their buisiness and it is not viable to stock the trf cars..some spares are available but even they are limited.. sorry to be a party pooper..
Old 07-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got my 416 last week..built now..i have my lrp sphere tc spec on the way along with my orion lipo 3800....i hope ive made the right choice in these 2 products, however i really dont know what would be the best 10.5 brushless to go with the sphere tc, i was thinking the lrp vector 10.5 as the esc is lrp..what do you guys rekon as im totally new to brushless at the mo..help
Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark williams
Got my 416 last week..built now..i have my lrp sphere tc spec on the way along with my orion lipo 3800....i hope ive made the right choice in these 2 products, however i really dont know what would be the best 10.5 brushless to go with the sphere tc, i was thinking the lrp vector 10.5 as the esc is lrp..what do you guys rekon as im totally new to brushless at the mo..help
Sphere TC is great Speedo and Lrp 10.5 motor should be just fine. Just make sure you gear it right...best thing is to go to your local tracks and check out what experienced drivers recommend as far as motors go...but Novak, LRP, SpeedPassion, etc...are all good.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mark williams
The vector/stock spec is extremely good. I'm always told that my car is noticibly quicker down the straight than others and I don't seem to be giving up anything in the infield. It's numbers are also higher than anything else, though at lower RPM so from that you can take that it's a torquey motor, which accounts for my infield punch while being geared to the hill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.