R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2008, 05:51 AM   #2596
Tech Addict
 
NickM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Done
__________________
TRF 416 | Corally Φ | TOP Scythe | F103GT
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #2597
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3
Default

hi everyone,i write from italy and I am in posses of a trf416,i would like to know something useful about,i run on asphalt.I noticed that the front suspension are more soft than the rear also with the same springs,i use the white one,what can i put on??i haven't yet tried the roll bars,in what way can they help me.now my car has a bit of understeer that in the exit it became oversteer.thank you.bye
__________________
www.federicoleo.net
fleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #2598
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleo View Post
hi everyone,i write from italy and I am in posses of a trf416,i would like to know something useful about,i run on asphalt.I noticed that the front suspension are more soft than the rear also with the same springs,i use the white one,what can i put on??i haven't yet tried the roll bars,in what way can they help me.now my car has a bit of understeer that in the exit it became oversteer.thank you.bye
The front feels softer than the rear because of the angle of the shocks and their mounting points on the arm. Without knowing how your car is currently set up it's hard to say what would help. I would suggest copying one of the asphalt setups (I posted one a page back) and going from there

oh and the roll bars keep your car flat as it corners allowing you to carry more corner speed. By adding the front roll bar you'll increase initial steering but lose steering throughout the remainder of the corner, so it could help with your problem
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 PM   #2599
Tech Apprentice
 
sakaguchinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gruendau, Germany
Posts: 84
Send a message via ICQ to sakaguchinet Send a message via AIM to sakaguchinet Send a message via Skype™ to sakaguchinet
Default

Hello,

@ the moment some TRF416 Kits arrived germany. For example ackermann-modellbau (near the Nurburgring - famous 1:1 racetrack) has some in stock.

The new Ti-Turnbuckles (Blue) will be available end of august.

Now I have to get to Andernach again for the HPI German Championship held this weekend. We will race on Vtec30R tires. I think the setup will be same as on the last ETS race.
__________________
Best Regards,
Dai
http://www.rc-square.de (German and English manufacturers site)
http://www.sakaguchinetshop.com (Tamiya TRF related stuff)
sakaguchinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:13 AM   #2600
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakaguchinet View Post
Hello,

@ the moment some TRF416 Kits arrived germany. For example ackermann-modellbau (near the Nurburgring - famous 1:1 racetrack) has some in stock.

The new Ti-Turnbuckles (Blue) will be available end of august.

Now I have to get to Andernach again for the HPI German Championship held this weekend. We will race on Vtec30R tires. I think the setup will be same as on the last ETS race.
Hey Dai,

Interesting news... car isn't discontinued it would seem
I'm certainly going to grab some of the blue Ti turnbuckles, I have a full on blue thing going on at the moment... Even picked up some of the Square 3mm blue lock nuts, just so I can have a blue lock nut on the belt stabiliser!

I do envy the fact you guys on the continent get reasonable support for TRF's... we get nitch, natch, nadda (nothing) over here in the UK. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....

Good luck with the German Championship, I'm sure the car will be fine

Cheers
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:55 AM   #2601
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Holland, Gouda
Posts: 113
Default

Dai,

Can you tell me what kind of oil you are running in the dampers with piston 2 holes?

And can you maybe explain a litle how the handling of the car will change?

Thanks fot the help and good luck in Andernach.
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #2602
Tech Apprentice
 
sakaguchinet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gruendau, Germany
Posts: 84
Send a message via ICQ to sakaguchinet Send a message via AIM to sakaguchinet Send a message via Skype™ to sakaguchinet
Default

Hi,

its not easy to get a good contact to Tamiya, but itīs not impossible. Learn a bit japanese, and everything will go much easier.

At the moment I am running Tamiya Yellow Oil (#400) with the 2hole-1.2mm pistons. It worked great today at the first training day. Also the "don't connect upperdeck to steering rack and let 2mm space inbetween"-modification worked fine. The track isn't sugared yet, but the grip is quite good.
__________________
Best Regards,
Dai
http://www.rc-square.de (German and English manufacturers site)
http://www.sakaguchinetshop.com (Tamiya TRF related stuff)
sakaguchinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #2603
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,974
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hey Dai,

Interesting news... car isn't discontinued it would seem
I'm certainly going to grab some of the blue Ti turnbuckles, I have a full on blue thing going on at the moment... Even picked up some of the Square 3mm blue lock nuts, just so I can have a blue lock nut on the belt stabiliser!

I do envy the fact you guys on the continent get reasonable support for TRF's... we get nitch, natch, nadda (nothing) over here in the UK. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....

Good luck with the German Championship, I'm sure the car will be fine

Cheers
Ed
Hi Ed, its nmot just the UK, the Aussie disty will not even order the kits in anymore. Its all got to do with the dual pricing models employed by Tamiya, due to the majority of their sales being in Japan, and the high competition with HPI in Japan, Tamiya discounts the wholesale price, so the end result is that the Overseas Disty pre freight price is only marginally less than the Japan full retail price.

I was actually involved in a conversation with Mr S Tamiya at a trade show with the importer trying to get through to them how serious this issue is, He would not accept the fact that so many people shop over the internet straight to Japan either. It is such a shame that business decisions liek this virtually eliminate the market in countries outside of Japan.
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 AM   #2604
Tech Elite
 
barts71m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere Pretty Awesome
Posts: 2,574
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

mine turned up today....lovng all the blue bling!!!!!
barts71m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #2605
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Tire/Insert Set up...

hey 416 drivers....

what tire set ups are you guys using when you race on outdoor/asphalt? curious to see what people are using.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #2606
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
hey 416 drivers....

what tire set ups are you guys using when you race on outdoor/asphalt? curious to see what people are using.
Outdoors, it's Sorex 32R pre-glues, with Revlite Rims and std insert (Part # XG-32CM) simply as that is the control tyre for the nationals... not a lot of point running on anything else.

Indoors, Vtec 27's or 30's, although new ones are hard to come by, so mine are pretty haggered now!

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #2607
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bournemouth.UK
Posts: 59
Angry

THARD...
. I've been giving serious thought about approaching the UK dist. over it, hopefully someone from there will be at the Yatley non-championship Tamiya Cup event in a few weeks.....


Hi mate, sorry didnt know how to do the quote stuff...

i visited the hobby company back in november to pick up some spares before racing abroad, whilst there i had a tour of the place. i had a good chat with the person (Ant shaw) you would hope to see at yeatley (also due to the fact yeatley is an unoffical tamiya meeting there is no way he will be there )..unfortunatly they do not bring the TRF cars into the country as they say by the time they get them Tamiya have moved on with another..also there exact words were we the racers.. are just a very small margin or their buisiness and it is not viable to stock the trf cars..some spares are available but even they are limited.. sorry to be a party pooper..
mark williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #2608
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bournemouth.UK
Posts: 59
Default

Got my 416 last week..built now..i have my lrp sphere tc spec on the way along with my orion lipo 3800....i hope ive made the right choice in these 2 products, however i really dont know what would be the best 10.5 brushless to go with the sphere tc, i was thinking the lrp vector 10.5 as the esc is lrp..what do you guys rekon as im totally new to brushless at the mo..help
mark williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 PM   #2609
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark williams View Post
Got my 416 last week..built now..i have my lrp sphere tc spec on the way along with my orion lipo 3800....i hope ive made the right choice in these 2 products, however i really dont know what would be the best 10.5 brushless to go with the sphere tc, i was thinking the lrp vector 10.5 as the esc is lrp..what do you guys rekon as im totally new to brushless at the mo..help
Sphere TC is great Speedo and Lrp 10.5 motor should be just fine. Just make sure you gear it right...best thing is to go to your local tracks and check out what experienced drivers recommend as far as motors go...but Novak, LRP, SpeedPassion, etc...are all good.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #2610
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark williams View Post
Got my 416 last week..built now..i have my lrp sphere tc spec on the way along with my orion lipo 3800....i hope ive made the right choice in these 2 products, however i really dont know what would be the best 10.5 brushless to go with the sphere tc, i was thinking the lrp vector 10.5 as the esc is lrp..what do you guys rekon as im totally new to brushless at the mo..help
The vector/stock spec is extremely good. I'm always told that my car is noticibly quicker down the straight than others and I don't seem to be giving up anything in the infield. It's numbers are also higher than anything else, though at lower RPM so from that you can take that it's a torquey motor, which accounts for my infield punch while being geared to the hill
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net