R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes

Old 05-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #2041
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadzli View Post
what is min, max and desirable rear toe angle?
maybe it depend how is your car reacts with your throttle input...if your car has tendency to push you should reduce the value rear toe...
if your car has tendency loose traction on rear..adding toe may help you...

correct me if i wrong
Old 05-02-2008, 01:25 AM   #2042
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to belgianchamp

Hello Guys,

Im looking for the setups from marc,jilles,victor,hupo from the ETS round in heemstede and from Warmup in Thailiand Bangkok can someone help me??

Also i know in USA there is allot of parking lot tracks with low grip...

So im looking for a parking lot setup(dust ,sand) low grip with allot of 180 hairpins and the track is very technical small with allot OF-camber turns.Im driving brushless modified 3.5 and lrp VTEC30 tires.

THX allot
belgianchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #2043
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to jontang001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
here we go...

Droop;
This is the term used for measuring the overall downwards travel of the suspension. You set it by adjusting the set screws in the lower arms. I tend to use a gauge to set (flat against the chassis, and then read off the value underneath the outer hinge pin), although there are other methods (at least two I can think of).

Rebound;
This is the term used for measuring how much rebound your shocks have. To set this remove the shock from the car, take off the springs, then push the shaft into the shock body. You'll see that the shaft should move back out of it's own accord when you let go. Thats rebound.
You can vary it by setting the piston to a certain position in the shock when you build the shocks. To set rebound, leave the piston at the bottom of the shock body, and pore the oil on top. Remove all the air by gently pushing the piston up and down, then leave stand for a while (or use a shock pump). When you can't see ay air bubbles in the oil, Hold the shock body, and push the shaft in too your required rebound level (Make sure that your pushing equal amounts of shaft up per shock... there are a few tricks you can use here that I'll mention later on with piccies). Then place the diaphram on top, taking care not to a) adjust the piston position b) introduce air into the shock. Carry on building the shock, and when you push the piston in, you shoulc have your desired level of rebound

For full rebound, just leave the piston at the bottom of the shock body during building.

HiH
Ed
Thank you Ed!!! My Master...
Now I see the rebound of the shock.
But I still have some question about this topic, please help...

What is the gauge in the HUDY set use for?
In their menu, it says that it is a downstop gauge...so what is the relation between rebound and downstop?
I always refer those setup sheet in your homepage (Thard.co.uk...the awesome homepage), in the sheet, you always talking about "droop" value. So, how you measurement droop value?
Were you defined downstop as a reference to adjust droop?
Or, it was equal to etchother?
What is your rebound of shocks? Full rebound?
If someone says my rebound is 4mm, is that means he push the shock pin in 4mm into the shoch from bottom?

Sorry!!! too much question...but I really want to figure it out...thanks for your help in advance!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:03 AM   #2044
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgianchamp View Post
Hello Guys,

Im looking for the setups from marc,jilles,victor,hupo from the ETS round in heemstede and from Warmup in Thailiand Bangkok can someone help me??

Also i know in USA there is allot of parking lot tracks with low grip...

So im looking for a parking lot setup(dust ,sand) low grip with allot of 180 hairpins and the track is very technical small with allot OF-camber turns.Im driving brushless modified 3.5 and lrp VTEC30 tires.

THX allot
I'm keen to see the warm up setups too, I imagine victors is pretty close to the TITC setup on thard.com. JimmyMac also posted a low grip setup a few pages back (also on ed's site) that sounds like it would suit your track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontang001 View Post
Thank you Ed!!! My Master...
Now I see the rebound of the shock.
But I still have some question about this topic, please help...

What is the gauge in the HUDY set use for?
In their menu, it says that it is a downstop gauge...so what is the relation between rebound and downstop?
I always refer those setup sheet in your homepage (Thard.co.uk...the awesome homepage), in the sheet, you always talking about "droop" value. So, how you measurement droop value?
Were you defined downstop as a reference to adjust droop?
Or, it was equal to etchother?
What is your rebound of shocks? Full rebound?
If someone says my rebound is 4mm, is that means he push the shock pin in 4mm into the shoch from bottom?

Sorry!!! too much question...but I really want to figure it out...thanks for your help in advance!!!
downstops are measured with the shocks detached, so there is no relation between rebound and downstop. Droop a similar measurement as downstops but with the shocks and sways attached, so the rebound will affect this... FYI people tend to use these terms interchangeably. I'd recommend you head over to the xray site and read the T2 setup booklet (in the downloads section of the T2 008 page) which explains of all the measurements and how they affect your car's handling.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #2045
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFwhitey View Post
Tryhard is correct, where it says "full" i was referring to my shock rebound. As for the rear toe i made a little error....should have been a XA block which equals 3 degrees . As for droop, i measure it a different way the some people. The way i do this is by measuring ride height, then i raise the chassis till the tires barely touch and re-measure the ride height. The difference in the measurements is my amount of droop. So if i have 5 mm ride height and my second measurement is 7.5mm then i will have 2.5mm of droop. Hope this clarifys things!
Thank you Corey!!!
Now I see the real man how to adjust his TC.
But I still dont get what is the different with full rebound or a 4mm rebound or half rebound???
Is that all about how fast the shock pin lengthen and shorten or influences the damping of shocks?
I do my own experiment on my 416 with half rebound and full rebound. I just feel that the half rebound made 416 easier to drive but less aggressive. Is that a right feeling about "rebound"? Or when will you top guys adjust rebound of shocks and for what purpose when you did it?
Many thanks for your answer!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:36 AM   #2046
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
I'm keen to see the warm up setups too, I imagine victors is pretty close to the TITC setup on thard.com. JimmyMac also posted a low grip setup a few pages back (also on ed's site) that sounds like it would suit your track.

downstops are measured with the shocks detached, so there is no relation between rebound and downstop. Droop a similar measurement as downstops but with the shocks and sways attached, so the rebound will affect this... FYI people tend to use these terms interchangeably. I'd recommend you head over to the xray site and read the T2 setup booklet (in the downloads section of the T2 008 page) which explains of all the measurements and how they affect your car's handling.
Thank you CraigM...the master...
I am reading the T2 menu now...wish I can findout the truth.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #2047
Tech Master

Ed, haven't been to your site in ages. It looks awesome - very nice revamp!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #2048
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontang001 View Post
Thank you CraigM...the master...
I am reading the T2 menu now...wish I can findout the truth.
Could you post me the link to the T2 article as the down load page isnt having any on my pc at the moment.thanks

MR ED
I found some video footage of your local club where you and charlotte are chasing the leaders? what car are you piloting and when was it? Can you remember?? I can post up a link if you like just to refresh the memory glands At your discretion of course
gary
Old 05-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #2049
Tech Regular

deleted

Last edited by pug 205 gti; 05-02-2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: double post
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #2050
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If I remember rightly, that was some time last year, so would still be with the 415. I think it was at about the same time as i was going through my leaky shock phase, and the car was pants!

cheers
Ed
Old 05-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #2051
Tech Regular

I remember you saying last year you hit a bad patch.It was about the time i bought the mre.I knew some thing wasnt right watching the video thats why i didnt just post it.
Thanks for the tip about demon ive just recieved a nice order from them this morning EDS hex wrenches really nice.also i got one of those tamiya wheel wrenches real nice even says "world champion" on it
Ive been looking in my car manual for a part number for the top plastic pivot ball cups on trf shocks? damn its not there. can you help.ta
also check ebay there is a couple of built unused TRF416.s one has been kitted out all ceramic balls, bearings and titanium screws nice price so far ive got my eye on that one
Old 05-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #2052
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti View Post
Could you post me the link to the T2 article as the down load page isnt having any on my pc at the moment.thanks
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=2525
Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #2053
Tech Champion

have you guys changed the lower shock pivot balls over to allen heads? I was thinking of running a long grub screw in and putting the socket style balls that nitro tourers run to reduce wear on the arms

oh speaking of arms, which way around do you run the short rear arms - with the wider set of holes to the back and narrower to the front or the other way around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti View Post
Ive been looking in my car manual for a part number for the top plastic pivot ball cups on trf shocks?
53334, they are part of the V plastic set
Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #2054
Tech Regular

thanks craig
Old 05-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #2055
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, no c-clips on the ends of the bones in the spool, right? They sure didn't seem like they would fit.

I'm hoping to race Sunday, but I cut my hand pretty bad today (ball of my hang, uhg) in an unfortunate scissor incident, and can't really work on my car at the moment. So weak, I've been waiting forever. If I can manage, I'll give Corey's setup a try. I'm probably not as stocked on tires as I should be. I've got some of the original formulate CS27's and Sorex RP36's to try. We'll see if the ground warms up more than last time.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote