R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #1906
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I've been trying to get hold of the TITC and LRP setups... so far no joy

As for my other hobby... some pics attached. I'm far left in the first one (Can just see the face with sunnys on), in the red top in the second (yup, showing my arse), and far right in the third (black and white top)... it's a bit more active than RC, but just a tweaky

Ed
Hey Ed,

I got them yesterday, but I forgot to bring them to work for scanning.
I will try to remember them tomorrow.... Sorry!

It was nothing special though, very standard setups.
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 AM   #1907
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: France
Posts: 205
Send a message via AIM to canto54
Default

Hi Eirik, do you also have the setup from Tamiya guys at the ETS this weekend?
It seems that it is a little bit different with white/blue spring as we usually run indoor so it should be interesting to see it if possible!!
Thanks for your help
__________________
Robitronic Avid V2
Robitronic - Graupner - GM racing
JP Products
www.mrclongwy.fr
www.petitrc.com
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #1908
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik View Post
Hey Ed,

I got them yesterday, but I forgot to bring them to work for scanning.
I will try to remember them tomorrow.... Sorry!

It was nothing special though, very standard setups.
Excellent

Tried to send you an email via my work address today, got bounced back both times.... no worry, was only asking about the sheets

Ta
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 AM   #1909
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,417
Default

Nice hobby Ed! I can see why you hang up rc racing for the summer! I know I would! Love the ocean! Much more exciting! I think after the Nats in June I might take a short break and hang out with my dad. Do some underwater treasure hunting on the coast for a few months. Next year when he starts to collect on his social security he's gonna put his boat back in the ocean. We'll putt around looking for sunken ships. It's an old dream of his. Should be fun!

Well post up the setups! I'd like to compare some info on them.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:28 AM   #1910
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Jeez there is awesome support in this thread, you guys are a wealth of knowledge! If anyone can get their hands on a setup from the last ETS round that would be unreal, we only really race on asphalt with rubbers down here in Oz and I'd like to build my 416 with a good rubber setup from the get go
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:01 AM   #1911
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,434
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Jeez there is awesome support in this thread, you guys are a wealth of knowledge! If anyone can get their hands on a setup from the last ETS round that would be unreal, we only really race on asphalt with rubbers down here in Oz and I'd like to build my 416 with a good rubber setup from the get go
Good to see you getting a real car mate. The 416 works very well at Tempe. Make sure you get some short EVO4 arms and build the kit with them.
__________________
SMOKEM --- HIRO SEIKO --- YOKOMO
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 AM   #1912
Tech Adept
 
fadzli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Try some kick up. It helps my car gain some steering in the fast long corners. Start off with .5mm kick up.
what u meant for kick up???? help me to understand that term. tq.
__________________
Do Not Follow Where The Path May Lead. Go Instead Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail.
fadzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #1913
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,150
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

MAY release 2.5mm lower deck !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 AM   #1914
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canto54 View Post
Hi Eirik, do you also have the setup from Tamiya guys at the ETS this weekend?
It seems that it is a little bit different with white/blue spring as we usually run indoor so it should be interesting to see it if possible!!
Thanks for your help
They use the White/Blue springs outdoors all the time now

The setups are very similar outdoors and inndoors now, and that is a really good thing
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 AM   #1915
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure what Marc and Viktor ran but Jilles used blue springs front and yellow rear for most of the event. He also tried running progressive springs of similar basic rates but that did not have a big effect. Note that on the MACH track the Jaco 32 tyres with pink inserts did not give a lot of grip so the softer springs were used to help generate grip.

As a starting point for outdoors I suggest using the DHI/LRP Masters setup as the base. From there work with small changes to improve the setup. That is what the team was doing in The Netherlands as well.
__________________
Tony Vredenberg
tonyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #1916
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv View Post
I'm not sure what Marc and Viktor ran but Jilles used blue springs front and yellow rear for most of the event. He also tried running progressive springs of similar basic rates but that did not have a big effect. Note that on the MACH track the Jaco 32 tyres with pink inserts did not give a lot of grip so the softer springs were used to help generate grip.

As a starting point for outdoors I suggest using the DHI/LRP Masters setup as the base. From there work with small changes to improve the setup. That is what the team was doing in The Netherlands as well.
TonyV... werent you with Team XRay before? when'd you switch?
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #1917
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadzli View Post
what u meant for kick up???? help me to understand that term. tq.
Kick up. The front suspension is angled up towards the front. Place a 0.5mm shim under the front/front suspension block. Just try it out one round or during practice. Just remember to reset/check your droop, ride height, camber, and front toe when you do. Caster is slightly increased. With this setup. Maybe you call this Pro-dive? Just another term for kick up.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:20 PM   #1918
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
TonyV... werent you with Team XRay before? when'd you switch?
Yes I was. But after 7 years it started to feel too much like work and not enough like the hobby I enjoy so much so decided to become a privateer again. The choice for Tamiya was easy as it is the one car I allways wanted to try. It is allways driveable no matter what the circumstances. And with Jilles moving...

Don't get me wrong, the XRay T2'008 is a great car too, especially outdoors. But I haven't had a reason to regret going for the TRF416 yet.
__________________
Tony Vredenberg
tonyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #1919
JGH
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 198
Default

Hello guys,

It's been a while but I will help you guys out as much as possible. As soon my scanner will work I will post my set-up's from both LRP masters and ETS in Heemstede. Both set-up's are almost identical to what Marc and Viktor ran.

Jilles
JGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #1920
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,251
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Brilliant, cheers Jilles.

Congrats on round 3 at the ETS. It's appreciated that you take the time out to post up on here
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net