Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
I've been trying to get hold of the TITC and LRP setups... so far no joy

As for my other hobby... some pics attached. I'm far left in the first one (Can just see the face with sunnys on), in the red top in the second (yup, showing my arse), and far right in the third (black and white top)... it's a bit more active than RC, but just a tweaky

Ed
Hey Ed,

I got them yesterday, but I forgot to bring them to work for scanning.
I will try to remember them tomorrow.... Sorry!

It was nothing special though, very standard setups.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Eirik, do you also have the setup from Tamiya guys at the ETS this weekend?
It seems that it is a little bit different with white/blue spring as we usually run indoor so it should be interesting to see it if possible!!
Thanks for your help
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eirik
Hey Ed,

I got them yesterday, but I forgot to bring them to work for scanning.
I will try to remember them tomorrow.... Sorry!

It was nothing special though, very standard setups.
Excellent

Tried to send you an email via my work address today, got bounced back both times.... no worry, was only asking about the sheets

Ta
Ed
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice hobby Ed! I can see why you hang up rc racing for the summer! I know I would! Love the ocean! Much more exciting! I think after the Nats in June I might take a short break and hang out with my dad. Do some underwater treasure hunting on the coast for a few months. Next year when he starts to collect on his social security he's gonna put his boat back in the ocean. We'll putt around looking for sunken ships. It's an old dream of his. Should be fun!

Well post up the setups! I'd like to compare some info on them.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Jeez there is awesome support in this thread, you guys are a wealth of knowledge! If anyone can get their hands on a setup from the last ETS round that would be unreal, we only really race on asphalt with rubbers down here in Oz and I'd like to build my 416 with a good rubber setup from the get go
Old 04-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Jeez there is awesome support in this thread, you guys are a wealth of knowledge! If anyone can get their hands on a setup from the last ETS round that would be unreal, we only really race on asphalt with rubbers down here in Oz and I'd like to build my 416 with a good rubber setup from the get go
Good to see you getting a real car mate. The 416 works very well at Tempe. Make sure you get some short EVO4 arms and build the kit with them.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Try some kick up. It helps my car gain some steering in the fast long corners. Start off with .5mm kick up.
what u meant for kick up???? help me to understand that term. tq.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

MAY release 2.5mm lower deck !
Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by canto54
Hi Eirik, do you also have the setup from Tamiya guys at the ETS this weekend?
It seems that it is a little bit different with white/blue spring as we usually run indoor so it should be interesting to see it if possible!!
Thanks for your help
They use the White/Blue springs outdoors all the time now

The setups are very similar outdoors and inndoors now, and that is a really good thing
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm not sure what Marc and Viktor ran but Jilles used blue springs front and yellow rear for most of the event. He also tried running progressive springs of similar basic rates but that did not have a big effect. Note that on the MACH track the Jaco 32 tyres with pink inserts did not give a lot of grip so the softer springs were used to help generate grip.

As a starting point for outdoors I suggest using the DHI/LRP Masters setup as the base. From there work with small changes to improve the setup. That is what the team was doing in The Netherlands as well.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv
I'm not sure what Marc and Viktor ran but Jilles used blue springs front and yellow rear for most of the event. He also tried running progressive springs of similar basic rates but that did not have a big effect. Note that on the MACH track the Jaco 32 tyres with pink inserts did not give a lot of grip so the softer springs were used to help generate grip.

As a starting point for outdoors I suggest using the DHI/LRP Masters setup as the base. From there work with small changes to improve the setup. That is what the team was doing in The Netherlands as well.
TonyV... werent you with Team XRay before? when'd you switch?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fadzli
what u meant for kick up???? help me to understand that term. tq.
Kick up. The front suspension is angled up towards the front. Place a 0.5mm shim under the front/front suspension block. Just try it out one round or during practice. Just remember to reset/check your droop, ride height, camber, and front toe when you do. Caster is slightly increased. With this setup. Maybe you call this Pro-dive? Just another term for kick up.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
TonyV... werent you with Team XRay before? when'd you switch?
Yes I was. But after 7 years it started to feel too much like work and not enough like the hobby I enjoy so much so decided to become a privateer again. The choice for Tamiya was easy as it is the one car I allways wanted to try. It is allways driveable no matter what the circumstances. And with Jilles moving...

Don't get me wrong, the XRay T2'008 is a great car too, especially outdoors. But I haven't had a reason to regret going for the TRF416 yet.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
JGH
Tech Adept

Hello guys,

It's been a while but I will help you guys out as much as possible. As soon my scanner will work I will post my set-up's from both LRP masters and ETS in Heemstede. Both set-up's are almost identical to what Marc and Viktor ran.

Jilles
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brilliant, cheers Jilles.

Congrats on round 3 at the ETS. It's appreciated that you take the time out to post up on here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.