R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #1591
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

I take it fab is running TF5 "shin"stallion now? oh well good luck to him!
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #1592
Tech Addict
 
m3ndo5a's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin lessard View Post
listen up,you could use it
Why do I need to listen to you.... I tried your set ups b4 and they did not work out for me.......But they do work good for you and that what counts.

Hopefully your grades in school are as good as your knowledge about a 10th car...

These 1/10 kits are not a NASA project kid....

I do not need any help with sweeper arms (scrub)...... or toe out. I need stronger spur gears.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #1593
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,082
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
Where can I buy this bumper? What is the part number for the 42mm steel CVD's?
Hmm, looks like the PDub bumper is out of stock. I bought mine at Nexus though. Perhaps someone can suggest another brand of hard bumper that works on the 416? I know Parma sells a blank that you can cut down on your own. There's a PDub forum on this site somewhere, but don't know what the story is on whether or not they're making new stuff.

As for the bones:

TAM51092 46mm
TAM53501 42mm
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #1594
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Tips etc

Hey all,

Quick document here. Bascially pulling together as much of the advice I can for the 416. This document is going to form the basis of the tips and tricks section on my site when I get round to it ().

Let me know your thoughts, and if anyone has anything else to add.

Cheers
Ed
Attached Files
File Type: doc TRF416 - Things to know.doc (31.0 KB, 375 views)
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #1595
Tech Regular
 
Fastforward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO (USA)
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I used the Parma brick and cut it down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Hmm, looks like the PDub bumper is out of stock. I bought mine at Nexus though. Perhaps someone can suggest another brand of hard bumper that works on the 416? I know Parma sells a blank that you can cut down on your own. There's a PDub forum on this site somewhere, but don't know what the story is on whether or not they're making new stuff.

As for the bones:

TAM51092 46mm
TAM53501 42mm
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #1596
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,737
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hey all,

Quick document here. Bascially pulling together as much of the advice I can for the 416. This document is going to form the basis of the tips and tricks section on my site when I get round to it ().

Let me know your thoughts, and if anyone has anything else to add.

Cheers
Ed
Great stuff Ed. Are you interested in any additions?
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #1597
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
Great stuff Ed. Are you interested in any additions?
certainly... fire away
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #1598
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,737
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
certainly... fire away
YGPM.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #1599
Tech Addict
 
justin lessard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ndo5a View Post
Why do I need to listen to you.... I tried your set ups b4 and they did not work out for me.......But they do work good for you and that what counts.

Hopefully your grades in school are as good as your knowledge about a 10th car...

These 1/10 kits are not a NASA project kid....

I do not need any help with sweeper arms (scrub)...... or toe out. I need stronger spur gears.
You had to much horsepower
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #1600
Tech Adept
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just took my newly acquired 416 for a rubber/carpet spin with the Gilles TRF setup…..WOW…WOOW….never tried a more smooth and crisp driving.

This car is really a winner
habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #1601
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
Default

Hi,

Don't know if this is a noob question but do you guys CA the diff rings to the outdrives for the 416?

Cos there's no D on the outdrives or the rings.
Raley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:28 AM   #1602
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raley View Post
Hi,

Don't know if this is a noob question but do you guys CA the diff rings to the outdrives for the 416?

Cos there's no D on the outdrives or the rings.
Nope, having them free to rotate helps absorb any shock loading. Best thing to do is just apply some diff grease to the outdrive and diff ring, just to hold it in place during assembly.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #1603
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,397
Default

Hey, Ed.... for the diff section in your build tips. Maybe you can add plugging the long diff end with a foam pad. And taping over the diff setting screw hole. This will keep any and all dirt from entering the thrust bearing for a long lasting, best performing diff.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Yokomo YZ-2 DT/CA
JimmyMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #1604
Tech Regular
 
quantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hey all,

Quick document here. Bascially pulling together as much of the advice I can for the 416. This document is going to form the basis of the tips and tricks section on my site when I get round to it ().

Let me know your thoughts, and if anyone has anything else to add.

Cheers
Ed
looks good.
perhaps this goes without saying, but i would advise the use of threadlock in most of the build. in my first weekend racing the car, many screws came loose or backed out despite how snug i tightened them.
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #1605
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

I know this is the 416 thread but could any of you guys help me locate a set of Square R/C EVO4 Front Steering Knuckles/uprights for my 415msx mre.
thanks
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRF416 sim600 Malaysian R/C Racers 15 01-09-2010 11:08 AM
TRF416 speedart Electric On-Road 26 06-27-2007 04:28 AM
new joke cyber3d Chat Lounge 5 08-02-2006 02:52 PM
another joke, OH no! corvettecrazy Chat Lounge 0 01-10-2004 09:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net