Brushless Kits

Old 09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Brushless Kits

I need to know who makes the Fastest Brushless Motor, Novak? Team Orion? Mamba? I have the money and I want the best of the best....

Also can a Brushed Motor top the Speeds that a Brushless can do?
also how fast do you think the 3.5 novak brushless kit could top at?

Last edited by RoseTuned; 09-10-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Most people are running the LRP TC speedy and an Orion 3.5, no a brushed motor can't top the speeds of the a brushless motor.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The design technology of a brushless motor makes them about 20% more efficient. So your top speeds will be with brushless.

I am thinking about getting some of the younger kids interested in RC. One way I plan on doing that is to throw a 3.5 motor in my 1/12th scale and take it to our church parking lot (which is huge). I know that many kids have no clue what these cars are capable of. The biggest thing holding me back is the occasional stones in the parking lot. I'm thinking about hiring a street sweeper to come in and clean it. I wonder how much that would be.

Anyway, with the proper gearing (which I have, thanks to brushless torque), I bet I could get the car to run 70+ mph (possibly on 4 cells.) Some of the top speed fellas would know if that's possible.