Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 pan cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up 1/10 pan cars

Is very strange that if we blame of the high costs of the TC class the people didn't take a chance on the 1/10 pan car class.

This year EFRA has dropped Pro10 from the official categories, this can signify the death of one class? For sure that someone should have one of these light, quick and cheap to maintain cars...

Or, should not... Let's see.

I have a Yokomo YRX 10W MkII. Anyone with RC10L or Trinitys?
Old 12-06-2001, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Corse-R: try here. This is where the 1/10 pan car guys are at (Pro 10)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...=&threadid=145
Old 12-06-2001, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This was my favorite class to run. It is certainly dead though. If you raced seriously you had to have the best batteries and motor. These items were much more critical in these cars than in sedans due to the grip and efficiency of the cars.

The cars had so much traction that they would draw lots of amps and drain the batts. You could easily dump with a stock motor and 2000's. Modified was WAY too fast for almost all drivers. The cars were too wide and looked nothing like real race cars.

Now I run 1/12th. Its just as fun, fast and the races are 8 minutes!
Old 12-07-2001, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AdrianM
The cars had so much traction that they would draw lots of amps and drain the batts. You could easily dump with a stock motor and 2000's. Modified was WAY too fast for almost all drivers. The cars were too wide and looked nothing like real race cars.

Now I run 1/12th. Its just as fun, fast and the races are 8 minutes!
Yep! when at track (asphalt) we usually have races of these kind:

- Touring Modified (some runs foams and some run rubber, at the choice of the driver, no motor limit).
- Pro10 and F1. (Foams, no motor limit).
- 1/12 scale 8 min races.

The common category is TC, but some races have Pro10 heats and some 1/12 heats.

Until now, I only raced one class (TC or Pro10 or 1/12). But seeing that the crowd stars to race each two classes at the same day, I'll try to do (is double stress, but should be ok for my driving freaks).

People who saw for the first time a Pro10 heat, amazes the speed of the cars, and when we say we're using 12's and 13's a big oh! appears from their mouth. Some get a car in the sequent days and some stays seeing. By the moment, our Pro10 heats are of 8 or 9 drivers, but we're seeing a little revival of the class.

P.D: Our local track is very twisty, and you can race very seriously with a 12 and 2000's, that's who appears to interest to newcomers, one category who isn't much demanding with materials (club races is the way to go).