R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shop that sells Lap counter

Do anyone know where can i by lap counter in europe.

Do AMB have personal counter for who has amb personal transponder?

Last edited by Nuno Gancho; 09-06-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal

nope. AMB does not make personal lap counter as far as i know.

you have I think three choices available:

1) Orion Pro LCS lapcounter... (I sold one on Monday... i you had posted this before, perhaps you would have been interested.... and I'm Spain and go from time to time to Portugal)

2) Spektrum telemetry: similar to orion, but the other way around. If you don't have speltrum already, doesn't worth the money.

3) Robitronic: initially intended to mini-z, this is an affordable solution for a group of friends that want to race... you need a laptop and the starter set, for 2 meters wide lanes... it comes with three transponders and is aroun 300-400 euros. each additional transponder is about 30 euros and additional receiving sensors for the infrared bridge are around 40 euros.

the cheaper, get a second hand Orion pro LCS. If you have some friendds on the same situation and you usually meet and race together, the robitronic is much more fun. problems starts when the guy who has the bridge and the laptop doesn't show up because he's with the girlfriend....

PM me and i can give you a call... at the end It wasn't possible to me to go to Sintra to check the race field...
The Blue Armada: Tamiya TRF415MSXX, Tamiya TA05MS, Tamiya/Xenon TA05
Novak Brushless, Orion/Peak LiPo batteries, 5-cell
Sanwa M11 DSSS, KO Propo Servos
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

the best lap counter i use is on my futaba 3pks.

can set it so it vibrates every xx seconds.

e.g if your lap time is around 20seconds, u set it to vibrate every 20seconds, then when it vibrates you can see if you are infront or behind the last vibrate point.

if you want to try improve your lap time then set it to 19.75 seconds and see how u go, u can try different lines and u can tell straight away if you are improving or slowing down, lap by lap as u drive. rather than looking back on lap times after a 5 minute run.
pdungadamo is offline   Reply With Quote