Wiki Posts
Search

Belt Vs Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Belt Vs Shaft

Hi Y'All,

I've read somewhere about the discussion between Belt and shaft driven cars......... I've been thru 10 pages but couldnt find it??

Would somebody be kind enuff to revive it??

This would be interesting cos it seems everyone is on the new Yokomo shaft car, and I m not really convince on the shaft.

Happy Racing
Old 05-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post belt \ shaft??

I raced a few weeks ago, and behind me was X-RAY,yok-SD,and a tc3.....Idrive a LOSI sedan and even a baracuda was there and could'nt hang (......just some food for thought)have fun with your decision............
Old 05-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

i own a 414m2 and now i own a yok sd now also and i must say that the shaft is a bit more snappy and carries good speed and it doesnt have the torque steer like a tc3 i think the yok will come through i was against shaft untill the yok came out just because i was a yok driver for the longest but i must say that the shaft proves to have a little more SNAP
Old 05-11-2003, 01:37 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Marzin- Try this...there is plenty there already...the subject has been pretty much flogged to death!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/search.p...der=descending

mb racer- too many variables; tires, motors, gearing, batteries, driver! your statement has no meaning....I have a Losi as well.....its good but the acceleration out of a corner will still fall short on shaft drive.

PS- I don't currently run a shaft drive...but I do have a few currently sitting in the cupboard!
Old 05-11-2003, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm

mb racer- too many variables; tires, motors, gearing, batteries, driver! your statement has no meaning....I have a Losi as well.....its good but the acceleration out of a corner will still fall short on shaft drive.
Totally right DTM

I will however add one thing.
I have only had belt driven cars up to now including TA04R's and Xrays. I recently picked up a Tamiya TB Evo II which is my first shaft drive and In my experience so far I like it better than even my Xray. I like the instant acceleration and just the whole feel of driving the car. The response is so direct...

Just my 2 cents worth

Steevo
Old 05-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Belt Vs Shaft

Originally posted by marzin
Hi Y'All,

I've read somewhere about the discussion between Belt and shaft driven cars......... I've been thru 10 pages but couldnt find it??

Would somebody be kind enuff to revive it??

This would be interesting cos it seems everyone is on the new Yokomo shaft car, and I m not really convince on the shaft.

Happy Racing
www.rczone.net has a good article on the differences b/w the two drives.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

errr cough cough....

I wrote that!

sanj