Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F103 Forum >

Tamiya F103 Forum

Like Tree9Likes

Tamiya F103 Forum

Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by downtempo
Westy - where did you score the Tyrrell/Yamaha decals?!? I have been looking for awhile now... thanks in advance.
Hi downtempo,

The decals were self made, with a little help from www.brandsoftheworld.com.

gtz
Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking B.R.T. BelumatRacingTeam : our body Team

Here are the machines of our team

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4430938&v=info

http://www.youtube.com/user/maxtamiya

Does anyone know where you can find to buy tires for the rain?
here in Italy are unavailable.
Thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Maxtamiya, great Facebook page the photos are cool. It looks like you have a strong following in the F-1 class, ours here in the States is growing and hope it will continue.Thanks
Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking Meeting

Originally Posted by TheOtherBill
Hi Maxtamiya, great Facebook page the photos are cool. It looks like you have a strong following in the F-1 class, ours here in the States is growing and hope it will continue.Thanks
Thanks TheOtherBill ...
perhaps in future we could do a great meeting !!!
Take care
Max from Italy
Old 05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Anyone know which LiPo packs will fit the pivot ball battery boxes in the F103? Probably one that has rounded sides like a stick pack. Who still makes ones in that shape?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Orion, Reedy, Yeah, and Tower has some Duratrax packs that are the shape of stickpacks. They also have the added bonus of working in the F104 without haveing to modify anything.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maxtamiya
... Does anyone know where you can find to buy tires for the rain? ...
great videos and pictures ...

tyres for rain???
well i converted my rear and front end to a GT and used touring car tyres. it looks alright as I have a GT shell for my F103, but if I were to use my F1 shell, then it will look a bit off as the rear tyres are the same width as the front ... it performs really well (in the wet I am quicker than the CRC X-gens and Assoc RC10R5 using much quicker motors) ... just without the looks ...
Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
... Anyone know which LiPo packs will fit the pivot ball battery boxes in the F103? ...
I shaved off about 1-2mm around the pivot ball, and my Lipo fits fine. Then I decided to get Yeah Racing battery mounts which allows more clearance for the Lipo pack ...
Old 05-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys

I need some help.

I have my F103 15th Anniverary with the kit tyres and if i smear with either Jack the gripper , LRP carpet or something mixed from a Pro10 driver and still after 3 mins i run out of rear grip

I am racing on Asphalt , with soft front springs and Red rear spring and soft grease on the middle pad , Ride height of about 5mm

The track is low/medium grip

The car is perfect for 3 mins then the smear weres off and i loose all rear grip . i smear only the rear for various lengths of time and it makes no differance

HELP ME !!! PLEASE
Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Usually we use paragon and then when it has soaked in (usually about 10 min) cover with sun screen. The sunscreen helps make the tires stick and keeps the additive in the tire.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hey guys

I need some help.

I have my F103 15th Anniverary with the kit tyres and if i smear with either Jack the gripper , LRP carpet or something mixed from a Pro10 driver and still after 3 mins i run out of rear grip

I am racing on Asphalt , with soft front springs and Red rear spring and soft grease on the middle pad , Ride height of about 5mm

The car is perfect for 3 mins then the smear weres off and i loose all rear grip . i smear only the rear for various lengths of time and it makes no differance

HELP ME !!! PLEASE

I have the same type of problem. I have noticed though that the screws on the T-bar after the race are a bit loose, and that in itself will be a big problem. So check on that. But talking to a buddy of mine about this issue we arrived at the conclusion that is not necessarily about tire compound. I am using also kit tires. I believe the source of all this issues is from the suspension setup. I have not used tire compound, and have experience the same issue into a race...suddenly loose more and more grip...that is an indication that something is slowly loosening up.

If the lubricant is too thin/soft, it tends to loose effect as you run the car since it gets smeared and pushed on the friction plate as you use it. Also, check the o-ring on the T-plate, and replace if worn down. If the screws are loosening up, replace the lock nuts. Make sure you differential is very smooth (like glass) and is adjusted such that you can slip a little bit under hard throttle, but not too much.

Also soft springs in the front can upset the car with weight transfer as you break into the corner. I prefer using medium springs in the front. Also make sure your kingpins are not binding and the bearings are all clean and free. Some bad/worn bearings can give you inconsistent results as well as a bent kingpin as it will bind as it travels under load.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chinaman
I shaved off about 1-2mm around the pivot ball, and my Lipo fits fine. Then I decided to get Yeah Racing battery mounts which allows more clearance for the Lipo pack ...
Interesting...I wonder how hard it would be to get those in the US. The hinge pin rear suspension looks interesting as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
... I wonder how hard it would be to get those in the US. The hinge pin rear suspension looks interesting as well.
I am not sure if Yeah Racing has a distributer in the US, but postage charges from RC Mart is quite reasonable ...

Hinge pin rear: It really frees up the rear instead of relying on the flex of the original T-bar.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hey guys

I need some help.

HELP ME !!! PLEASE
The kit tires on the anniversary edition have a high rubber content.
They are very good for grip, but may not be the best in all situations.

Also something to think about, is balance, could be the front tires are picking up more grip than the rears and after 3 mins are overpowering the rears.
This could be from understeer over heating the front tires.

Tamiya Kit super soft would be something I would try.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84095
Old 05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good Morning All. Just entering back into F1 and could use some advice. I did some searching and found references to the various rubber tires. Just wondering where the best source for them is ? I see rcmart has TRG but rears only. Basically, where can I get a good supply of front and rear. This will be a new class for our club and having a good source would sure help it's chances. We opted not to use foams for 2 reasons...1. nobody likes or wants to true foams and 2. We currently run VTA on a concrete parking lot. We find the rubber to work better since we do not allow compounds and the lot can be a bit dusty depending on the wind. 6 acres of concrete out here...hard to keep dust from blowing on to our track area.
Just putting my TRF F103LM in service for the first time since I bought it used years ago. It already has been converted to the F1 chassis. For upgrades, I'm first planning on getting the Yeah Racing battery mounts for Lipo use. I saw reference to this being wider but I assume it is also longer as this is the problem with fitting my Zippy hardcase packs now...is this correct ?
Also planning on the hinge pin rear pod?
Any other suggestions to give me a good start ?

update Looks like I answered part of my own question. Did some more digging at rcmart and found Pit Shimizu rubber tires. Sooo...Are these any good and what compound seems to work best front and rear?

Last edited by Evoracer; 05-18-2010 at 08:49 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.