R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #1111
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

Sure can. And you can bend an aluminum axles too. But that's the trade off for a lighter weight axle. The steel axle that comes with the kit weights down the car, but odds are you'll hardly ever damage it.
__________________
Tamiya 416X/ Tamiya TA-05 IFS/ Losi XXX-SCT/ HPI Baja 5SC/ Tamiya M05/ Tamiya F103/ Tamiya F104/ Team Associated 10R5O/ Kyosho IGT2/
Foxxrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #1112
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,550
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 Series

UF1 Series starts this Sunday...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1/UF1_home.html
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #1113
Tech Adept
 
chinaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
... you can bend an aluminum axles too. But that's the trade off for a lighter weight axle ...
had a 3Racing aluminium axel and it bent after another car just touch it side-on. you can actually see the bend on it ... still have it in my tool box somewhere ... i am now running a carbon axel which is a lot better ...
__________________
... wyrd bi ful rd ...
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 PM   #1114
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

can some one pm me a basic set up for ashpalt
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #1115
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,071
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

I am going to run my carpet setup and switch from the gold to silver spring up front. I might go down about 5wt on the shock oil.
I will be running trg super soft rubber.(on foams now)


I will let you know how it works out.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #1116
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,472
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
can some one pm me a basic set up for ashpalt
Most of the time I just switched tires and loosened up the t bar from carpet. HBR soft on all 4 corners or Med-f soft -r. This was a regular parking lot with grape soda down.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #1117
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WANTED

new M type Tamiya body

money waiting for the right product

i have stickers , wings and new wheels/tyres ready for a BrawnGP car just no body after RCmushroom screwed me !!!!

HELP PLEASE
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #1118
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,715
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
new M type Tamiya body

money waiting for the right product

i have stickers , wings and new wheels/tyres ready for a BrawnGP car just no body after RCmushroom screwed me !!!!

HELP PLEASE
Try Much hobby it shows 1 left in stock.

http://muchhobby.net/shopping/catalo...p?cPath=55_198
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|Tamiya TRF 415|TA05 v2|TA05|TL01RA|TL01|M06|F104 Pro|F103RM|RM-01
Custom Racing Stickers
2012 TCS Race #170 "The Track" @ Harbor Hobby Best of Show Mini Pro
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #1119
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Ok, I got my F103 out on the track for the first time today.....I am still learning onroad setups, and I have a question. When I give it full throttle quickly, turn quick to the right, or tap the brakes hard, the car spins out to the right. It's very obivious. It does not do it to the left. My diff is tightened just to the point to where the spur doesn'e slip. I am running the Tekin RS 21.5 setup. The car seems to balance pretty well left to right, so my question is, where is this spinout coming from? Do I need to adjust my diff, if so, which way? Or do I need to adjust the friction plate on top? Thanks in advance....what a blast to drive....
jakeg1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:27 AM   #1120
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Rear wing help can you mount the rear wing from the jordan 191 bodyset which has wire wire posts to the f103 chassis if so has anyone got any pics
Juttie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 PM   #1121
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg1999 View Post
Ok, I got my F103 out on the track for the first time today.....I am still learning onroad setups, and I have a question. When I give it full throttle quickly, turn quick to the right, or tap the brakes hard, the car spins out to the right. It's very obivious. It does not do it to the left. My diff is tightened just to the point to where the spur doesn'e slip. I am running the Tekin RS 21.5 setup. The car seems to balance pretty well left to right, so my question is, where is this spinout coming from? Do I need to adjust my diff, if so, which way? Or do I need to adjust the friction plate on top? Thanks in advance....what a blast to drive....

1. Make sure the chassis isn't tweaked. Set it on a flat surface and lift the rear along the centerline with an exacto knife. Chances are good the right rear is coming up before the left. adjust tweak screws/electronics placement until they come up equally.

2. Check the front end to make sure one of your springs isn't compressed
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:13 AM   #1122
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
1. Make sure the chassis isn't tweaked. Set it on a flat surface and lift the rear along the centerline with an exacto knife. Chances are good the right rear is coming up before the left. adjust tweak screws/electronics placement until they come up equally.

2. Check the front end to make sure one of your springs isn't compressed
Cool thanks...I messed with it a little in front of my house yesterday by adjusting the diff a bunch and it still does it. It does seem to balance fairly well, and I did take a brief look at the rear end to see if it was uneven....I think I will just do as you suggest, and maybe start taking it a part and put it all back together. I was able to get the spin-out down quite a bit under excelloration, but if I just tap the breaks or apply drag brake the car, instantly spins out. It also turns much tighter in one direction over the other, and the linkages and transmitter settings are all even. I am starting to think that something is uneven.....Ok, newbie question here, I keep reading the word "tweak", and in this case the tweak screws. Can someone just briefly explain what tweak is and where these screws are? I imagine it's what it sounds like and it is the adjustment of the chassis in some way to try to get it flat...???? Thanks again...
jakeg1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #1123
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,472
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Take off the front springs and make sure they are the same size. Sometimes one will "collapse", and become shorter than the other. Also make sure all the suspension parts move freely, under their own weight.

Most F103 cars are built without tweak screws. If everything is in good shape, you should have no problems with the car spinning to one side or being "tweaked"

Also, is this a brand new car? If it is used, there may be issues with the t bar being stressed.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #1124
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

whare is the best place to buy a f-103/104 at?
winnppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #1125
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Take off the front springs and make sure they are the same size. Sometimes one will "collapse", and become shorter than the other. Also make sure all the suspension parts move freely, under their own weight.

Most F103 cars are built without tweak screws. If everything is in good shape, you should have no problems with the car spinning to one side or being "tweaked"

Also, is this a brand new car? If it is used, there may be issues with the t bar being stressed.
Ok, I will.....I may just take most of the car apart and rebuild it. I did get it used, and it was stated to be and appears barely used. Other than the tires havin a couple small chunks out of the sides, the cars looks close to brand new. I am going to go through it though, especially the front springs. I will also put the t-plate on a flat surface and see if it's warped at all. I am planning to get the flexible one anyway. I think I am really going to like this car. I ran it at an onroad track the other day, and nobody there including myself had seen one run.....now they all want one....It was definately one of the coolest looking cars out there...
jakeg1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya F103 mild seven Australia For Sale/Trade 4 08-19-2008 11:19 PM
Tamiya F103 GT izzyracer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-01-2007 03:51 PM
Tamiya F103 NIB Jspecrcr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 11-07-2006 01:30 PM
WTB: Tamiya buggy & Tamiya f103 stuff rays_tt Australia Wanted to Buy 2 04-20-2006 06:10 AM
Tamiya F103 or F103 Parts MM-F1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 04-24-2004 03:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net