R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #811
Tech Elite
 
ChadRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 2,651
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Can someone please tell me what rollout to run when using a 540 motor? Im running on a 80x30 carpet track
__________________
ReVtech / Trinity / EAMotorsports

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #812
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,500
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

start around 44-45mm
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #813
Tech Elite
 
ChadRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 2,651
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

thanks
__________________
ReVtech / Trinity / EAMotorsports

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
ChadRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #814
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hi there boys and girls

i have my F103gt and want some setup advice

i am running an LRP13.5 bl with lipo what gearing should i be looking at for a starter

i am on sorex28 rubber tyres , do i smear like i would on my touring car ???

and what about suspension set up for carpet medium grip with the TRF damper ???

cheeRS in advance Phil
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #815
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,570
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default F1 Race November 7th

Just a heads up, Tim Ruwe is putting together a Southern California F1 race series... The first race of the series will be at the Camarillo track on November 7th... This will be an ALL F1 event yes baby... check out this site for rules and regulations and scoring...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/SoCal_F1_Series.html
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #816
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
Default Yeah racing dark chocolale f103 conversion

I have a old f103 rx i was wondering will the conversion work on a f103 rx. the web site says a f103 rm. thanks
rlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #817
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,570
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Southern California F1 Series

FIRST SO CAL RACE IN F1 SERIES NOVEMBER 7TH

Next Saturday is an ALL F1 race day at Camarillo Roadrunners track...
This is the beginning of a Southern California F1 series...
foam and rubber class...
Hand out motors for everyone...
rules will be slightly different for each track, so keep up

The next stop will maybe be OCRC ???
After that we will give points for the F1 class at KO race at WCRC...
BCR will be on the list...
Charlie Barns has multiple tracks to hit...
Once we hit them all, then were done

Basically we will swarm tracks around town and make a Series...
Tim is keeping track of points and I will post it up on this site...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/SoCal_F1_Series.html
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #818
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

any advice or building tips for the F103 15th Anniversary kit ??

building it now ready for testing and playing tommorrow
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 PM   #819
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

so, should i assume that the tamiya rubber tires are tough to find anymore? i dont see them anywhere, and we are trying to start up an F1 class locally, and would prefer to stick with rubber. if not the OE Tamiya ones, what would be the best idea?
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #820
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,570
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default F1 Rubber tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
so, should i assume that the tamiya rubber tires are tough to find anymore? i dont see them anywhere, and we are trying to start up an F1 class locally, and would prefer to stick with rubber. if not the OE Tamiya ones, what would be the best idea?
The Tamiya tires are really hard to find... most will tell you the "B" Compound is the better one to get... but what works even better then the "B" compound is the RIDE grooved tire... you can get it from RC Market

RIDE No 2400 front tire Type A

RIDE No 2401 Rear tire Type A

RIDE No 25000 front wheel luster silver

RIDE No 25001 Rear wheel luster silver

They always have it on two week back order and from the few times I've ordered it from them, it takes about 14 to 20 days to get...

for a set of front and rear including wheels listed above it's $50 including shipping....

Two hobby stores in the So Cal area will soon be carrying this tire in about a week...

Speedtech: http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...alpage=special

West Coast RC : http://wcrcr.com/Hobby_Store.aspx
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #821
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i have built the F103 15th anniversary kit and i bought the M boby to make it into a BrawnGP coloured car

BUT there is no front body mount on the chassis kit

and no driver with the body set ???

is this normal ??

Beautiful kit though

wanted to put my 13.5 brushless in it but i think i will put an old 13 turn TZ in it to learn with

any ideas on gearing for an indoor track with a 30m straight ??
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #822
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
The Tamiya tires are really hard to find... most will tell you the "B" Compound is the better one to get... but what works even better then the "B" compound is the RIDE grooved tire... you can get it from RC Market

RIDE No 2400 front tire Type A

RIDE No 2401 Rear tire Type A

RIDE No 25000 front wheel luster silver

RIDE No 25001 Rear wheel luster silver

They always have it on two week back order and from the few times I've ordered it from them, it takes about 14 to 20 days to get...

for a set of front and rear including wheels listed above it's $50 including shipping....

Two hobby stores in the So Cal area will soon be carrying this tire in about a week...

Speedtech: http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...alpage=special

West Coast RC : http://wcrcr.com/Hobby_Store.aspx
sweet, thanks for the info! hopefully we can get the ball rolling, and i wanted to secure a decent avenue to keep the interest going.
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #823
Tech Adept
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya rubber tires are hard to get. I got a set of A compoud, NIP on ebay. Strangley, you CAN buy the fronts from Tamiya USA, but not the rears. There is a set of rears that say medium on ebay usually from UK, not sure how they hook up.

Good news though, with the release of the Ferrari F60, the new rubber tires will be available as well, but they will be narrower in rear tho. That may help.

Charles, I thought the TRG (?) compounds were the best and gave the best traction? Would think the rides, tho pre 2009 scale, would not hook up as well as full slicks?

perhaps someday here n the NW i can get some racing experience with mine....

fwiw
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #824
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,570
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Tamiya rubber tires are hard to get. I got a set of A compoud, NIP on ebay. Strangley, you CAN buy the fronts from Tamiya USA, but not the rears. There is a set of rears that say medium on ebay usually from UK, not sure how they hook up.

Good news though, with the release of the Ferrari F60, the new rubber tires will be available as well, but they will be narrower in rear tho. That may help.

Charles, I thought the TRG (?) compounds were the best and gave the best traction? Would think the rides, tho pre 2009 scale, would not hook up as well as full slicks?

perhaps someday here n the NW i can get some racing experience with mine....

fwiw
The TRG Superions have about the same grip as the Tamiya B compound... which is pretty good... But for whatever reason, the RIDE's are noticeably better on almost every track... Even when the rides wear out most of the thread, they are still better the the Tamiya's and TRG's...I never had much luck with the Tamiya A compound...
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #825
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

HELP

i have been painting my F103 body tonight and i come to remove the overspray cover from the outside AND . . . . . . there isnt one

now i have a M style body that is destroyed i think , is there any thing i can use to remove the paint ??

or is there 100% an overspray cover that i just cant get off ???

cheeRS Phil
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya F103 mild seven Australia For Sale/Trade 4 08-19-2008 11:19 PM
Tamiya F103 GT izzyracer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-01-2007 03:51 PM
Tamiya F103 NIB Jspecrcr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 11-07-2006 01:30 PM
WTB: Tamiya buggy & Tamiya f103 stuff rays_tt Australia Wanted to Buy 2 04-20-2006 06:10 AM
Tamiya F103 or F103 Parts MM-F1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 04-24-2004 03:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net