R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 08-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #736
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there a online shop that carries a nice assortment of stock F103 parts. I checked the area hobby shops and can't find anything. I am looking for part number ma24 or ma26 and I can't find it.
A large part of their history is made up of blood and battle. This is not something to shrink away from as a fancier of the breed. Their history should be embraced, understood, and once we have a full understanding, we can control the future.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:28 AM   #737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Is there a online shop that carries a nice assortment of stock F103 parts. I checked the area hobby shops and can't find anything. I am looking for part number ma24 or ma26 and I can't find it.
Try these two...

rcmart.com

rcmarket.com
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #738
Tech Regular

can anyone tell me what rims to use for the 50398 RD4445 rear tyres. All the F103 rims I have are to smaller dia.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #739
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

looks like those tires fit a Mercedes and a Jaguar kit.

You would probably be better off just gettin tires to fit your F1 rims. The size is apparently unique to the F103 but very close to 1/12 if not exactly.

HBR medium fronts and HBR soft rears are a great combination for me right now. That combo was recommended to me at the Tamiya track and I saw em being run, they work.
Problem is the older part numbers are discontinued but available if you look around.
New part numbers with new compounds are available*.
No one has been able to tell me if the old and new numbered compounds are the same.

I'm running older rears with the newer fronts (it's all I could find in a day) and they seem to match up pretty well. That's on carpet tho.
I'll know better tomorrow how they work on the Tamiya asphalt, I have high hopes.
Also, within a week I will have sets of both the old and new (fronts only*) and I'll be able to do a direct comparison.

Old part #53128 HBR Medium Fronts
and #53129 Soft Rears

New Part #84096 HBR Medium Fronts

*I can't find a NEW part # for HBR Soft Rears.

Anyone?

These #s come up on the Tamiya website for Fronts and Rears but don't say "Soft or Medium" or "HBR" in the tire description like the others do.
Not sure what compounds they are.
#84094 Rear
#84095 Front

Anyone?

Of course there are the premounts that came in the 15th anniversary kit.
They work awesome BUT, they are supersoft and wear out very quickly and cost twice as much as the foam donuts.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 AM   #740
Tech Master

Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruf View Post
Stay tuned guys... I've got a pre-production prototype of the F109 coming for evaluation and review!
There has some drawings of a production version(bottom), in fact there some picture of the prototypes but still so little about the latest production image.
In fact i want to ask through F103 users' eyes just with the drawings, if this chassis really fit F103's graphite composite front suspension set.
Due i have heard of somebody said of that 1 of 3racing is so weak and soft, so i just want to know if is possible to change it if i want buy this kit.

And want to know also from the mouth of the 3racing team drivers, how about the behaviour of this looking very nice F1, please?

I guess this car has advantage of f103 and f104, with this design.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F103 Forum-bottom_view519x239.jpg   Tamiya F103 Forum-top_view519x239.jpg   Tamiya F103 Forum-header.jpg  
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #741
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
There has some drawings of a production version(bottom), in fact there some picture of the prototypes but still so little about the latest production image.
In fact i want to ask through F103 users' eyes just with the drawings, if this chassis really fit F103's graphite composite front suspension set.
Due i have heard of somebody said of that 1 of 3racing is so weak and soft, so i just want to know if is possible to change it if i want buy this kit.

And want to know also from the mouth of the 3racing team drivers, how about the behaviour of this looking very nice F1, please?

I guess this car has advantage of f103 and f104, with this design.

Best regards
It looks like the front end is the standard 3racing front end-which fits the f103. So the F103 front ends should all bolt onto this car.

Also the bottom arms of the Tamiya link type suspension are virtually identical to the bottom arms of the 3 racing suspension. The 3racing is very slightly wider, but the Tamiya part could be substituted if you are looking for a stiffer part.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #742
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
It looks like the front end is the standard 3racing front end-which fits the f103. So the F103 front ends should all bolt onto this car.

Also the bottom arms of the Tamiya link type suspension are virtually identical to the bottom arms of the 3 racing suspension. The 3racing is very slightly wider, but the Tamiya part could be substituted if you are looking for a stiffer part.
Wider?
I thought this is the copy of the similar 1 of Tamiya which is so unpopular, which has also turnbuckle for switching freely the camber which you need.
If i want to changing camber, i which using that knuckles set of Yeah racing, which has 3 sets for you choosing.

I hope the price could be cheap, i have heard the car will cost between 100-125+ USD.
But i still didn't hear the review of test drivers about this kit, hope will appear some in here.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #743
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Wider?
I thought this is the copy of the similar 1 of Tamiya which is so unpopular, which has also turnbuckle for switching freely the camber which you need.
If i want to changing camber, i which using that knuckles set of Yeah racing, which has 3 sets for you choosing.

I hope the price could be cheap, i have heard the car will cost between 100-125+ USD.
But i still didn't hear the review of test drivers about this kit, hope will appear some in here.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
I use parts of the 3racing front on my car, the plastic they use is very brittle but the top arms hold up well. I use lower part and middle parts from standard 'unpopular' Tamiya front, so i don't have castor adjustment and i use 3.5mm offset uprights. Could not use castor adjustment due to me running high nose bodies.

My car is up there with the rest of them at our track, even with that bastard front end. Lots of steering and i can adjust camber easy.

Just fitted F104 rear differential with steel shaft cut to fit. Works really great and seems smoother than standard one, will upgrade my 2 other F103's with it now.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #744
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
I use parts of the 3racing front on my car, the plastic they use is very brittle but the top arms hold up well. I use lower part and middle parts from standard 'unpopular' Tamiya front, so i don't have castor adjustment and i use 3.5mm offset uprights. Could not use castor adjustment due to me running high nose bodies.

My car is up there with the rest of them at our track, even with that bastard front end. Lots of steering and i can adjust camber easy.

Just fitted F104 rear differential with steel shaft cut to fit. Works really great and seems smoother than standard one, will upgrade my 2 other F103's with it now.
Interesting comment.
In fact i don't know what kind of 3.5mm offset upright you own, is tamiya?
About the F104 rear differential i don't undertstand so much about it, you mean it fits at f103, isn't it?
I don't know how about F109, in fact i am not sure if its diff is exclusively own size or also as the f103.
I don't understand why you use steel shaft, i think carbon is always the solution.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited by mac853; 08-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #745
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1467 View Post
can anyone tell me what rims to use for the 50398 RD4445 rear tyres. All the F103 rims I have are to smaller dia.

Thanks
I have several NIPackage rim sets for these tires if you need them.....
414MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #746
Tech Initiate

I just got a f103rm and an extra set of gold mesh wheels that needs tires.
My Question is what would be the best way to stick tires on these rims
NegaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #747
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Some Tamiya foams come with double-sided tape. This works well if you follow the directions. If the wheels are not damaged in use, they can be reused by cutting off the old tire and stripping the tape.

I have used contact cement with a laquer thinner prep and a 1/12th scale tire horn. Sticks like glue, pun intended, but very tedious and takes alot of time to do correctly. If the wheels are not damaged in use, a good soak in laquer thinner will remove the old tire and glue to permit wheel reuse.
414MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #748
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Interesting comment.
In fact i don't know what kind of 3.5mm offset upright you own, is tamiya?
About the F104 rear differential i don't undertstand so much about it, you mean it fits at f103, isn't it?
I don't know how about F109, in fact i am not sure if its diff is exclusively own size or also as the f103.
I don't understand why you use steel shaft, i think carbon is always the solution.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
They are Tamiya partnumber 53259, i think the 3.5mm offset uprights balance the car out a little.
I had trouble with carbon rear axle coming lose, or set screw is eating on carbon resulting in DNF's. Not so with orginal steel, titan or alu. But the last two bend very easy.
And the F104 rear diff fits like a charm and works wonders.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #749
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
They are Tamiya partnumber 53259, i think the 3.5mm offset uprights balance the car out a little.
I had trouble with carbon rear axle coming lose, or set screw is eating on carbon resulting in DNF's. Not so with orginal steel, titan or alu. But the last two bend very easy.
And the F104 rear diff fits like a charm and works wonders.
yeah it will fit, but you need F104 pro carbon rear shaft too, to be able to use f104 aluminum ball diff set on your F103 RM
Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #750
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys , for those of you attending or planning to attend the Ultimate F1 Series Race day, please check out the website :

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1SD.html

Race location has been moved to the TAMIYA track...