Wiki Posts
Search

Help, Lap timing on Futaba 3PK

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Help, Lap timing on Futaba 3PK

Im hoping to get some help from all the people using the 3PK out there.
recently purchased one and i love it!

But the one thing im having trouble with is setting up the lap timer function. Im trying to set it up for 5min runs in practice with throttle to trigger the start of the 5min "race" and the button the the handle (under your middle finger) to trigger the laps/times.

How in gods name do you set the auto start function to the throttle,

and then how do you set the lap "trigger" to the finger on the handle.
Radio is in mode 3, so i have all the menu options open to me, but i cant seem to set it up correctly...... Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Simon
Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

I have one of the 1st gen 3PK's, but I hope it works the same way on the newer ones. To get it to start with pull of the trigger, you have to go into the timer menu and reset the timer (hold + and - simultaneously, IIRC some RST text will come on and the time will flash zeroes). After that it will start on the first pull. You can go back to main menu if you want and it will still work.
Lap trigger has worked from the beginning without any issues, but I never use it anyway, it's quite an effort to press it consistently at the same time whilst driving and disturbs my driving more than it's worth.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bluey_74
Im hoping to get some help from all the people using the 3PK out there.
recently purchased one and i love it!

But the one thing im having trouble with is setting up the lap timer function. Im trying to set it up for 5min runs in practice with throttle to trigger the start of the 5min "race" and the button the the handle (under your middle finger) to trigger the laps/times.

How in gods name do you set the auto start function to the throttle,

and then how do you set the lap "trigger" to the finger on the handle.
Radio is in mode 3, so i have all the menu options open to me, but i cant seem to set it up correctly...... Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Simon
How did you set that up? I can start the timer with the trigger but I cant make the timer count a lap.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

u have to assign a button for the lap timer to start and u have to hit that button every time u cross the line. you would normally set the button on the middle finger.

so its not really accurate only +/- 0.5 secs.

a better way to determine lap time is to put it in LAP function. say your average lap times are 20.10 seconds, set it to 20.10 seconds and the controller will automatically countdown and beep every 20.10 seconds.

very usefull to see if u are above or below your average.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Yawn,.. excuse me, You need to read the T3PKS manual to tell you how to set it up. I tell you, 3PKS manual book is not hard instruction and how to set it up.. manual is your best friend!

read, read, read, read manual book till gain your knoweldge and understandable how to use your lovely 3PKS!

Good Luck..