Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EP4200's

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Unfortunately I read every post on this thread.

Let me ask, how would you let 3 packs blow up, seriously?
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You know whats amazing Sinister, thumb throught his thread, start from the beginning...the VERY beginning. See how it started, see how people let things flare up. See how I asked people to keep it on topic. See how people persistantly t-boned and side-swiped. Then, you dudes wonder why people get indignant. I didnt start this thread to argue or whatever. I can take the tongue lashing, as long as people can keep it in context and take it as well as they dish it. I didnt come in here bashing and asked several times for people to chill. The only reason people jumped down my neck is because I said I believed one person over someone else....someone who obviously has a legion of friends. Thats cool. Personally, I could care less...I think many of you are a bunch of childish morons, but thats my opinion. Its ok for some to blast and dis folks, but others who arent in your circle, dont dare do it, because the "good ole boys" will come out in droves to annoy the piss out of you.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by RLMW VQ
hey you should really read the forum and get the whole story before making comments
I read the whole thread and I think sinister's comments are spot on.

Why can't you accept responsibility for wrecking your own batteries????
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

someone kill this thread...
it's become which RCtecher can bash the most notorious RCtech basher (yes once you've been established as a basher, well it's probably going to stick).

anyone ever consider that some newbie/rookies to the hobby reads this online dumping and will probably expect the same from the hobby as a whole.

Just kill the thread...IT'S USELESS AT THIS POINT>>>>
Good batteries, bad batteries....who the hell cares anymore...

better thought would be if individuals would post up specific charger settings with specified batteries....or whatever...

RCTECH is starting to really become a dumping ground for basher threads. Great place to find info but scrubbing through all the nonsense..is just a pain in the backend.
Less and less people are starting to use it!!!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Take it easy with the abusive language, I dont want this to become a mud-slinging fest. I know I am not a moderator nor do I want to be one, but the conversation was getting good.
I guess the insult that came before this post is what started it, but, LOOK what I asked the person not to do. Anyone get at that guy...NOPE!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
I read the whole thread and I think sinister's comments are spot on.

Why can't you accept responsibility for wrecking your own batteries????
let see its not my fualt josh go ahead and read the pitbull instructions and you will see that mah lock out will pervent over charging of the packs.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

RLMW, thats a bad break. The Customer Service, was it here in the states or was it an overseas distributor?
RMLW posts his bad break, I ask him a simple question, no bashing.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

The only reason people jumped down my neck is because I said I believed one person over someone else....someone who obviously has a legion of friends. Thats cool. Personally, I could care less...I think many of you are a bunch of childish morons, but thats my opinion. Its ok for some to blast and dis folks, but others who arent in your circle, dont dare do it, because the "good ole boys" will come out in droves to annoy the piss out of you.
A legion of friends and a lot of satisfied loyal customers.
After years of great product with great service why would we want to see Brad's name and Hurricane drug through the mud by a kid who can't accept the fact that he blew up his own packs.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

bx, childish morons? hmmmmm seems yet again you have resorted to name calling, something you do well. Do you honestly believe the case in question was not user error? Or are you playing devil's advocate?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

guess I'll kill.....paste again....again..again....again...until it's over...period

it's become which RCtecher can bash the most notorious RCtech basher (yes once you've been established as a basher, well it's probably going to stick).

anyone ever consider that some newbie/rookies to the hobby reads this online dumping and will probably expect the same from the hobby as a whole.

better thought would be if individuals would post up specific charger settings with specified batteries....or whatever...

RCTECH is starting to really become a dumping ground for basher threads. Great place to find info but scrubbing through all the nonsense..is just a pain in the backend.
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bloodninja
Sounds like one of those "Real Men of Genius" commercials. Mr. Battery Pack Blower Upper.

Of course, that's not really genius now is it? Perhaps Real Men of Idiocy is more fitting.

Someone needs to get McSmooth on the phone.

First insult directed at RMLW

Originally Posted by sinisterRC
Sinister, you follow it up, thinking the personal swipe was funny.
Tech Elite

guess I'll kill.....paste again....again..again....again...until it's over...period

Old 09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Lets stop this before it becomes a train wreck. I think we are talking about two different explosion incidents. Rcmarket posts his mishap and RLMW talks about his. It appears that these are two different incidences with the same end results. All of this hullabaloo, lipo is looking reeeeaaaalll safe right about now.

I ask people to simmer down on the very next page. No insults from me at this point.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RLMW VQ
this is straight off the ce website. for joelv to read and anyone eles that would like to.
I have no idea why I am trying this, probably out of sheer frustration about someone in sheer frustration...

For those that didn't know, lockout was introduced in charger software when people were dead shorting battery packs. When the short was first removed from the pack, some chargers had a hard time detecting the battery, they would false and say that there was something wrong with the battery because of the extremely low voltage. Lockout is a routine in the software that tells the charger to ignore what the battery pack is doing no matter what happens at the end of the charge leads. This means that it will keep charging, even if the battery pack has reached it's maximum charge.

On the features page for the Pitbull x3 charger it clearly states this: "Selectable long lockout for 10 minutes of charge without peak detection." Simply means it will not start the peak detect section in the charger until it reaches the Mah setting you told it. It means that if the battery reaches maximum Mah that the pack will take, the charger will keep charging.

So, for at least one pack, you told the charger to over charge the pack by using lock-out.

I would read the instructions to see what you were talking about, only I don't have access to the pdf files here at work... JoelV if you could download them and e-mail them to me, I'd love to read them (like I got nothing better to do at my job).
Old 09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Sinister, you follow it up, thinking the personal swipe was funny.
hilarious actually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.