M8, EX-1 or 3PJ-S

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M8, EX-1 or 3PJ-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Thank God!! at least this LE has a better antenna!!
Old 12-16-2001, 07:14 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Yokomo Fan
The silver one is the one that comes with your ko radio already, unless you got the mars 2000r. The black one is better in performance compared to the silver/chrome one.
Better performance???!!!!! thats extremely questionable, I think 999 is closer to the truth!
Old 12-16-2001, 08:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm

Better performance???!!!!! thats extremely questionable, I think 999 is closer to the truth!
thats what i was thinking...cuz...i asked the guy there...and said that the black one just doesnt reflect light...which i think is a reasonable answer! races take place during day time..and it could be sunny!

i have no idea how black is better in performance than the silver one...i mean..if the black one is made of a better conductor or something like that...then it shouldnt be black, it should be a copper color or something cuz copper is a good conductor! and it wouldnt make sence if they colored the antenna black cuz that just interferes with the signal! (this is just my theory)

and one thing i dont understand is that...why in the world are the black ones more expensive then the silver one when the performance is the same?
Old 12-16-2001, 09:28 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

999- Marketing! Actually most of the 'black' ones are fatter and have one or two more segments!

Go down to Sham Shui Po and get them there..... I hear it is much cheaper.... you have to pay for the 'KO' label you know!!
Old 12-16-2001, 09:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm
999- Marketing! Actually most of the 'black' ones are fatter and have one or two more segments!

Go down to Sham Shui Po and get them there..... I hear it is much cheaper.... you have to pay for the 'KO' label you know!!
first of all...y are you keep thinking that im using KO when im actually using FUTABA 3PJ??

ya...i guess..like...futaba ones, its a lot cheaper then KO...the black KO antenna is like...110...but futaba is 65...

oh well..ill go check it out when the one i have now is busted or lost! i just got a silver one after hearing the guy said that it makes not difference....
Old 12-16-2001, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

which do you guys think i should get: 3pjs, ex1, or m8
Old 12-16-2001, 07:22 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Disaster999

first of all...y are you keep thinking that im using KO when im actually using FUTABA 3PJ??

ya...i guess..like...futaba ones, its a lot cheaper then KO...the black KO antenna is like...110...but futaba is 65...

oh well..ill go check it out when the one i have now is busted or lost! i just got a silver one after hearing the guy said that it makes not difference....
No, no, no... I know you are using 3PJ.... even with Futaba it is cheaper in Sham Shui Po! Also 3PJ also has extra segments to the aerial compared to the 'silver' version!
Old 12-16-2001, 07:24 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by was ist los?
which do you guys think i should get: 3pjs, ex1, or m8
Are YOU going to use the TX or are the GUYS going to use the TX! Buy whichever is most comfortable to YOU! All 3 are very comparable in functions!
Old 12-17-2001, 12:00 AM
Tech Adept

was ist los?, I might go for M8!

I just tried my teammate M8, then I realized it is not a matter of spring tension! I think M8 has smoother steering!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm

No, no, no... I know you are using 3PJ.... even with Futaba it is cheaper in Sham Shui Po! Also 3PJ also has extra segments to the aerial compared to the 'silver' version!
hehe...just hear you say KO a lot...so..i thought you didnt know what im using

what does the extra section do? make it longer?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Maybe the black ones are more expensive because they are harder to bend than the silver ones.... . I think its a great investment for all you racers that have anger managment problems....like me, LOL.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by xray
was ist los?, I might go for M8!

I just tried my teammate M8, then I realized it is not a matter of spring tension! I think M8 has smoother steering!
I'm wondering if you gonna sell your Mars LE as my friend might be interested in buying. Let me know
Old 12-17-2001, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by dtm

How could you lose it!!! At least whoever took it won't show up at the track because the "number" will give it away! There was still LEs for sale in Hong Kong about a month ago.... I haven't checked recently!!
In case you reffering to the one numbered 1668 that were on Wing Jet, it's with me now.

I've been using KO and have tried Sanwa/Airtronics. Still prefer KO but the M8 does have its own advantages.

I know you don't need all the features EX1 offers but this radio, I believe, much more advance than M8.

Well, since the Mars LE is trully limited, I think I'll stick with it. At least, I could have it for colletions purpose.
Old 12-17-2001, 07:04 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Pyramid

In case you reffering to the one numbered 1668 that were on Wing Jet, it's with me now.

I've been using KO and have tried Sanwa/Airtronics. Still prefer KO but the M8 does have its own advantages.

I know you don't need all the features EX1 offers but this radio, I believe, much more advance than M8.

Well, since the Mars LE is trully limited, I think I'll stick with it. At least, I could have it for colletions purpose.
Ah Cheung (Wing Jet) has a REAL special number LE hidden away.... he won't use it or let anyone else use it!
Old 12-17-2001, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by dtm

Ah Cheung (Wing Jet) has a REAL special number LE hidden away.... he won't use it or let anyone else use it!
Don't worry, I'm not selling mine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.