Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there an American made sedan left?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Joel Lagace;3620135]UH? You may want to check in on that one. One last months magazines had a ad from novak offering refunds for anyone who bought any of there ESC in the last year. Apperently there use of "MADE IN THE USA" was misleading. Assembled or designed but not 100% made in the usa... I dont have it infront of me, so dig through XTREME or RCCA for the ad. ITs near the back and its the lenght of the page but only about 1/3 wide.
QUOTE]

Novak's website explained it that in the state of California, "Made in USA" means that EVRYTHING inside is made in USA. Since Novak buys capacitors, etc. from overseas, some of their ESCs are not (at least according to California) MADE in USA. I've seen some other products (not RC related) that say "Assembled in USA". Technically, that may be a better description.

I'd say it's a somewhat kooky California law (I know, that's hard to believe).

Congrats for Novak for doing as much as they do in the U.S. I'm not going to hold anything against them.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really dont think its something anyone should get hung up on.... The True MADE IN THE USA or even MADE IN CANADA days are behind us, probably every single product made has something made from another country... EXcept maybe China i think they make everything in house! Anyone get a look at the ICLONE yet? hmmmmm....

TODAY I can buy tomatos from 3 differnt contries included some grown 50km from my house! Thats global! The local ones cost more! YIKES!

Maple syrup is made in CANADA (in know this for a fact i see it dripping every fall out of them trees! ) but the damn bottles it gets put in is probably from somwhere else!

The global age is what allows us all to have all the variaties of products we enjoy today, including competative pricing.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Maybe not, but somehow or another, American work regulations would work their way into the mix, driving the price up. I think they call it....c-a-p-i-t-a-l-i-s-m.
Funny how it is usually someone in a management type postion that has the most problems with unions. By the way if your an American citizen you are in a union. Your union dues are called taxes.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Hawk6;3620163]
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
UH? You may want to check in on that one. One last months magazines had a ad from novak offering refunds for anyone who bought any of there ESC in the last year. Apperently there use of "MADE IN THE USA" was misleading. Assembled or designed but not 100% made in the usa... I dont have it infront of me, so dig through XTREME or RCCA for the ad. ITs near the back and its the lenght of the page but only about 1/3 wide.
QUOTE]

Novak's website explained it that in the state of California, "Made in USA" means that EVRYTHING inside is made in USA. Since Novak buys capacitors, etc. from overseas, some of their ESCs are not (at least according to California) MADE in USA. I've seen some other products (not RC related) that say "Assembled in USA". Technically, that may be a better description.

I'd say it's a somewhat kooky California law (I know, that's hard to believe).

Congrats for Novak for doing as much as they do in the U.S. I'm not going to hold anything against them.

california has some strict labeling

you know thaton my watch it says

"This product contains products known to the state of california to cause birth defects and other re-productive harm"

so in other words dont go into california and lick the inside of the watch

anyways back to what the thread is about

somthing about novak, 1/12 cars and pie?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

I heard that too. But, they still hold true with designing and testing things here. If they contract some of it out, I dont know. But, Toyota, Nissan and Hondas are made here...are they Japanese cars or American cars? hmmmm. I know I only roll with Novaks gear. When I call with a problem or issue, I get an AMERICAN everytime that has had some input on the gear in question. This is important to some of us....
i like that you get "an AMERICAN " i guess that means some one that looks like you , ray
Old 08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ray3619
i like that you get "an AMERICAN " i guess that means some one that looks like you , ray
call Dell tech support if you want to get a better idea of what he's talking about...
Old 08-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Dell, AOL, HP, Symantec. What I would like to know is, do the people overseas get english speeking tech support? If you do can you give us your toll free number?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weaponx
Funny how it is usually someone in a management type postion that has the most problems with unions. By the way if your an American citizen you are in a union. Your union dues are called taxes.
Hate to burst your bubble, I dont have a problem with unions. I have a problem with how some of them force employers hands...ask GM, Dodge, Ford, the NBA, MLB. Anytime the unions start to demand more than whats "fair", problems arise. Unions have kind of outlived their usefulness. Its my opinion, dont hate me because I'm corporate. I rose through the ranks, in unions to get where I am buddy.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ray3619
Doesnt have to look like me, but at least be able to effectively communicate in ENGLISH when they are getting my hard earned AMERICAN MONEY lol
Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the problem with americans is that they complain about everything...like this thread.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Master

I'm not complaining, I like the fact that my cars are made in Japan. In many instances, they have proven to be meticulous about their products and the efforts they put into it. As long as it performs, it doesnt matter to me where its made.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Hate to burst your bubble, I dont have a problem with unions. I have a problem with how some of them force employers hands...ask GM, Dodge, Ford, the NBA, MLB. Anytime the unions start to demand more than whats "fair", problems arise. Unions have kind of outlived their usefulness. Its my opinion, dont hate me because I'm corporate. I rose through the ranks, in unions to get where I am buddy.
You dont have to worry I dont hate. But the real problem is coporate greed. And whats"fair" to one person is something totally different to another. I think the majority of executives are getting more then whats "fair", but you probably feel different about that. If unions outlived their usefulness why do we still have 50 states?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

You dont have to worry I dont hate. But the real problem is coporate greed. And whats"fair" to one person is something totally different to another. I think the majority of executives are getting more then whats "fair", but you probably feel different about that. If unions outlived their usefulness why do we still have 50 states?

Labor unions have outlived there usefelness, not the National type. That question actually makes no sense, but if thats what you meant, thats my answer. And on the note of who gets what, if people want to earn as much as executives, they need to seize opportunities and take chances. Lets get back to the topic.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

First you didnt say labor unions, you said unions,(The United States is a union) hence the question. So one form of union is bad, but the other is ok? I can see how you would not like labor unions because they fight for fair wages, work conditions, and other benefits, which in turn helps many blue collar workers afford a decent living, and to a degree help to keep the already over paid executives from making more money. And not everyone is willing to ass kiss or licks somebodys nuts to move up the corporate ladder, but the way you put it just sounds nicer "seize the opportunities and take chances". That was pretty unfair statement of me to make, but I dont think anymore unfair then some statements youve made.Yes we should get back on topic, but you mentioned in numerous posts about unions, some people take offense to that, but then there are those of us who only care about what they can do or DID for "me". And then at that point they have outlived their usefulness. okie dokie! Back to regularly scheduled program.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Unions in America would drive the price up because unions work on behalf of the worker and getting the maximum amount of wages for members, thus, drive up prices. Thank God they are made overseas!
Um, unless you need to get hooked on phonics, I clearly state that unions work on behalf of the worker AND I said unions in America. So, that pretty much details that I meant "labor unions" and not countries, or the gathering of states to become a union. Dummy.

First you didnt say labor unions, you said unions,(The United States is a union) hence the question. So one form of union is bad, but the other is ok. I can see how you would not like labor unions because they fight for fair wages, work conditions, and other benefits, which in turn helps many blue collar workers afford a decent living, and to a degree help to keep the already over paid executives from making more money. Yes we should get back on topic, but you mentioned in numerous posts about unions, some people take offense to that, but then there are those of us who only care about what they can do or DID for "me". And then at that point they have outlived their usefulness. okie dokie! Back to regularly scheduled program.
And yes, labor unions in many facets of business have outlived their usefulness. I cant speak for every single industry, but why should baseball players have a union? Basketball players? Yes, a corporate entity that has has thousands of employees, they need a group to monitor whats fair, but even some unions need checks and balances. I wont back down what I said. For the record, when I was in the union, I didnt like it. But, to hold the job, I had to join. I didnt like the fuss, the griping and the going against the grain of the company. Now, leave it alone and get back to r/c. I have my opinion and you have yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.