Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which 4.5 brushless motor....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default which 4.5 brushless motor....

i am in the process of getting another brushless motor. i run a Novak GTB ESC. i am stuck for choice between a Nosram 4.5 and a Novak 4.5. which would be the better option and why?

Last edited by RocketRacer; 08-22-2007 at 04:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Novak 4.5...because I say so. I know you dont like me, but IMO, I think Novak is better. Runs cooler, ribbed can, looks cooler. And, if something goes wrong, Novaks Customer Support Rulez! Only reason I would say the other motor is because of the removable sensor wire and adjustable timing (if you dare). Having run both, Novak's is faster.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

thanks BX. our differences in the past is water under the bridge. i have no reason to dislike you. thanks for your advice here.

Last edited by RocketRacer; 08-22-2007 at 10:46 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
i am in the process of getting another brushless motor. i run a Novak GTB ESC. i am stuck for choice between a Nosram 4.5 and a Novak 4.5. which would be the better option and why?
How many cell ?
if 5 cell use 3.5T better
6 cell can choice Orion 4.5T .
Old 08-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i like the Orion/Peak/GM/SpeedPassion BL motors. imho, they run a lot cooler especially when running 6-cell or lipo.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:05 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

I'm pleased with my 4,5 GM Evo 3.
However I use a GM Genius 95 esc and 5 cells.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
The Novak should have a sintered rotor in it.??
Mine did. Also with the new 13mm out and about you will have more tuning options, and the sintered rotors last forever. I've found that if you run compatible motor ESC of the same manufacturer you will have best results in performance and warranty issues wont exist.

Like My Mamba I will use mamba motors only.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dont get one without the sintered rotors. I apperantly had an older one and I thought it was the new one. well in the end it became a dead one....

bonded 4.5 is useless unless you run in very cold weather...
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

would the 4.5 be equivalent to a 19T? Anyone have experience with the LRP Brushless series?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would say you cant go wrond with either. the speedpassion based motors seem to run cooler but from what i've experienced, the LRP Vector packs have more rip which could partly be a cause for the higher temps. in the end, you'll be plenty fast with any ...
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sinisterRC
would the 4.5 be equivalent to a 19T? Anyone have experience with the LRP Brushless series?
4300 is as close as you can get to a 19t with Novak. The 5800 is just a touch faster. I would guess the 4.5 to be a 9t. Its fast very fast.
Never had any trouble with my LRP till I put the 4300 to it. Myself and another at the track cooked a couple of 4300's running LRP ESC.
It ran sweet with the NEO 3 in it. No trouble at all.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Novak 4.5...because I say so. I know you dont like me, but IMO, I think Novak is better. Runs cooler, ribbed can, looks cooler. And, if something goes wrong, Novaks Customer Support Rulez! Only reason I would say the other motor is because of the removable sensor wire and adjustable timing (if you dare). Having run both, Novak's is faster.

At my track, everyone went from novak or tekin to the LRP set up... So I will have to dis agree with you on all that about the LRP motor

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
The Novak should have a sintered rotor in it.??
Mine did. Also with the new 13mm out and about you will have more tuning options, and the sintered rotors last forever. I've found that if you run compatible motor ESC of the same manufacturer you will have best results in performance and warranty issues wont exist.

Like My Mamba I will use mamba motors only.
All that rotor does is give more drag brake, and more torque, which people will use to gear up more, and still run the same temps....

And match brand to brand? Naw, the LRP esc is better (atleast around my track) the throttle curve, smooth-ness, and programabilty is AWSOME
Old 08-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
All that rotor does is give more drag brake, and more torque, which people will use to gear up more, and still run the same temps....

And match brand to brand? Naw, the LRP esc is better (atleast around my track) the throttle curve, smooth-ness, and programabilty is AWSOME
At our track we are all Novak worshipors.
I did like the LRP. It was great with the NEO-3. And its as close to a Novak as I've seen for sure.
Only down side was no custom profile. Over rated I think. I stuck with the Novak for the run cap and optional fan. And if I feel the need I can customize the profile. Personally I don't have any need for the custom profile.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

BlackedOut, please note that I said IN MY OPINION. If everyone at your track has switched over to LRP, that means they are following one dude that won and they are probably mimicking him, hoping that his set-up works in their cars lol. I said I RAN both, and IN MY OPINION. If you disagree, tsk tsk for you. Novaks run cooler and with their 13mm, tuning options will be increased even more so. Not to mention, something goes wrong, their customer service blows LRP out of the water. I did however, give LRP props on timing options and the ability to remove the sensor wire. The choice is yours, excellent product with excellent customer service or "the other guy...Hello"<----from the Quiznos commercial. I am hearing really good things about Orions motors though. I expect Marcos J to pop in any minute now.

As for the ESC's, programming, I give the edge to LRP. But for reliability, power, throttle response, braking and overall killer looks (hey I like Orange).....GTB, GTB, GTB. Cant wait til Novak drops the mini version so I can dump this friggin Mamba.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
BlackedOut, please note that I said IN MY OPINION. If everyone at your track has switched over to LRP, that means they are following one dude that won and they are probably mimicking him, hoping that his set-up works in their cars lol. I said I RAN both, and IN MY OPINION. If you disagree, tsk tsk for you. Novaks run cooler and with their 13mm, tuning options will be increased even more so. Not to mention, something goes wrong, their customer service blows LRP out of the water. I did however, give LRP props on timing options and the ability to remove the sensor wire. The choice is yours, excellent product with excellent customer service or "the other guy...Hello"<----from the Quiznos commercial. I am hearing really good things about Orions motors though. I expect Marcos J to pop in any minute now.

As for the ESC's, programming, I give the edge to LRP. But for reliability, power, throttle response, braking and overall killer looks (hey I like Orange).....GTB, GTB, GTB. Cant wait til Novak drops the mini version so I can dump this friggin Mamba.

I know it you opinion, mine also..

No, they all like it because they say, the power band is smoother, and I guess they tried out the one car that had it, and loved the power band

Tuning, sad part is, the big rotor will allow gearing up, but if the people run in the 160 range, they will give it gear till its the same, and then its running the same temps.. A few people at my track have ran them, And one is sponsored by novak, and he has just laughed at everyone net racing saying its this much better bla bla, he just said more drag break, and being able to gear higher, which knowing most people (I would to) gear it up, and then its where we started with the smaller one..

Dont get me wrong man, I run a novak 13.5 on a LRP TC sphere, Im not LRP only kind of guy, Just like we said, in out opinion's, And they way we drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.