Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Pre Euro test session video!

here is a little Euro short video of jonas Kaerup and his tamiya 416 with gm brushless...

sorry rctech will not allow me to post a direct link.

youtube and my user name is "jesperj75" should'n be too hard to find.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice vid

wheres the track ??

looks awsome
Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
nice vid

wheres the track ??

looks awsome
It's in luxemburg just outside the city itself.

tjeck lmcc dot lu
Old 07-12-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Setting's

Hello Martin,

Can you help me out as i am a noob as to the new types of esc.
I have a GM90 new type i believe and run it with a LRP X11 10.5 stock motor sensored.
Our track has a straight of about 40 meters and a rather tech part infield(look at youtube under Model Racing Midland).
At the moment i run a fdr of about 4.4 and mode 6 on the esc.
Can you help setting the esc up for me??
I have the pc interface cable allready so i can do some programming at home.
Please help as i am totally new to this kind of esc's

regards Roy
Ps Car i drive is a Team Magic E4RS 2008
Old 07-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

I posted a stock how-to a few pages back, have a read through it and you'll understand

when you run 10.5/lipo copy mode 8 to 3, when you run it with 5cells copy mode 6 to 3 and you are set
Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Martin, can I use the 2894.12 programer on the Genius 50 - 120 esc's for track side set up ? Will it allow me to access all the features just like with the pc ??
Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

no, it will only allow you acces to the 17basic settings and is therefore not 100% suited for escs with the new firmware
Old 07-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default FIRMWARE

Martin,

I see some new firmware has been released V7.2.

I am currently running v4.9 with 13.5T and Lipo, what are the main changes? And is it worth an upgrade?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mad Gerbil
Martin,

I see some new firmware has been released V7.2.

I am currently running v4.9 with 13.5T and Lipo, what are the main changes? And is it worth an upgrade?
--
Ralf said that:
Dear Michal,

i can't give you %.
It depends on the driving style, but up to 0.1-0.2s per lap.
--

Now you can think about it.

Regards!

m.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Hi Martin
Well I put the soft start back to the default setting as you suggested, and I also coppied 8 over 3, but I still get a delay off the start line, if anything its now worse than before, any suggestions would be helpfull please, the one thing ive not tried, is to change the sensor wire.
Cheers Malc
Old 07-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

then do that ...
Old 07-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

ok, will do, and if that don't work then what?
Cheers Malc
Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

At last ETS event in Germany, GM esc was in the top or bid by LRP SPX?

no offence :-) only asking

Regards!

m.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Martin,

A small question. Ive been testing with the GM120, and like the power it produces. But I'm having a lot of problems with braking. It is just nog braking as it should be. Im comparing this GM120 with the Nosram Stock Spec.
I've got an old GM120 Purple version, but it has a firmware update from last 1:12 scale stock Euro's. I've also downloaded the last Program from the GM Website, and read to al lot of the pages of this topic, but can not seem te find anything.

My car is just not braking hard enough, and it has a strange curve. My transmitter (Ko Helios) is set at 100 (not 150), and I've tried several Profiles, but tested most of all with the profile 6 in 3. In the software at the tab Reserved i've tried te new brake software, the new auto brake software, and the current limit for braking to set these on and off, but all of them would not work. ABS Didn't work either. I've tried severe Factory Reset's

When I brake a full speed it does not brake hard, but just slightley, and when the car slows down it's starting to brake harder and harder, and just at the point when you want to enter a corner it block's its wheels. It just a strange curve, and even the wrong way around curve if you have the "new brake software" that should brake hard when you run fast, and brake softer when you are runnig slower, my brake is just different.
I've tried Ful Brake and Brake Max in severeal different positions fomr 80 to 100 but these didn't work, I tried to run more initial brake (40) and that seem to smoothen the curve a bit.

When I Compare this to my Nosram Speedo I need to brake just 25% of the time with my Nosram instead of my GM120. Al this running has been done in a 4WD TC with a Spool out front, at the Mach Heemstede, Apeldoorn and HFCC in Holland

Can you give me some advise to solve this problem?

My Best Regards,

Robert
Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Martin,

A small question. Ive been testing with the GM120, and like the power it produces. But I'm having a lot of problems with braking. It is just nog braking as it should be. Im comparing this GM120 with the Nosram Stock Spec.
I've got an old GM120 Purple version, but it has a firmware update from last 1:12 scale stock Euro's. I've also downloaded the last Program from the GM Website, and read to al lot of the pages of this topic, but can not seem te find anything.

My car is just not braking hard enough, and it has a strange curve. My transmitter (Ko Helios) is set at 100 (not 150), and I've tried several Profiles, but tested most of all with the profile 6 in 3. In the software at the tab Reserved i've tried te new brake software, the new auto brake software, and the current limit for braking to set these on and off, but all of them would not work. ABS Didn't work either. I've tried severe Factory Reset's

When I brake a full speed it does not brake hard, but just slightley, and when the car slows down it's starting to brake harder and harder, and just at the point when you want to enter a corner it block's its wheels. It just a strange curve, and even the wrong way around curve if you have the "new brake software" that should brake hard when you run fast, and brake softer when you are runnig slower, my brake is just different.
I've tried Ful Brake and Brake Max in severeal different positions fomr 80 to 100 but these didn't work, I tried to run more initial brake (40) and that seem to smoothen the curve a bit.

When I Compare this to my Nosram Speedo I need to brake just 25% of the time with my Nosram instead of my GM120. Al this running has been done in a 4WD TC with a Spool out front, at the Mach Heemstede, Apeldoorn and HFCC in Holland

Can you give me some advise to solve this problem?

My Best Regards,

Robert
can you tell me which firmware version you got? (when you read out the esc, the white log box opens, after 38 values have been received, the firmware version will be displayed in the top left of the white box)

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
At last ETS event in Germany, GM esc was in the top or bid by LRP SPX?

no offence :-) only asking

Regards!

m.
the 2 fastest drivers Daniel Wohlgemut and Alex Stocker used GM ESCs (Stocker used lrp on sunday though)
it was just very bad luck that they did not win the race

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
ok, will do, and if that don't work then what?
Cheers Malc
I really can't think of a cause of such a delay, as I don't know how much of a delay you mean ....

the only thinkg I can think about is that you might have messed up the ESC program ... therefore a factory reset should do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.